A Way To Honor Caylee

Vegas Bride

Reaction score
Thursday was a very emotional day for me, just as I am sure it was for everyone else here. My heart breaks for this dear sweet baby who was taken away far to soon.
I was at work when the news came across the radio. I was so upset, mad, frustrated, angry!!! This is not supposed to happen to little 2 year old girls!
I heard something else on the radio also, they were talking about an Angel Tree at a local bank here, the kind where childrens names and info are on it for people to adopt for Christmas gifts. There are still 80 names on the tree that have not been adopted. Friday I am going to that bank and adopt one of those children and will do for them what I can not do for Caylee. I think Caylee would feel it is a good and healthy thing to do something positive and helpful for another child out there who can be shown that someone cares.
This is a hard year for so many, I know there has to be trees like this all over the country. Is there anybody else here who would like to join me in finding your own little angel to adopt for Christmas?

VB

What a sweet idea! Many churches in my area do this, so I know I'll be able to find a tree. Good idea.

Thursday was a very emotional day for me, just as I am sure it was for everyone else here. My heart breaks for this dear sweet baby who was taken away far to soon.
I was at work when the news came across the radio. I was so upset, mad, frustrated, angry!!! This is not supposed to happen to little 2 year old girls!
I heard something else on the radio also, they were talking about an Angel Tree at a local bank here, the kind where childrens names and info are on it for people to adopt for Christmas gifts. There are still 80 names on the tree that have not been adopted. Friday I am going to that bank and adopt one of those children and will do for them what I can not do for Caylee. I think Caylee would feel it is a good and healthy thing to do something positive and helpful for another child out there who can be shown that someone cares.
This is a hard year for so many, I know there has to be trees like this all over the country. Is there anybody else here who would like to join me in finding your own little angel to adopt for Christmas?

VB

:clap: What a nice thing to do. I am a contributor to Angel Tree. There are so many children of prisoners in our country that are suffering because of the actions of their parents.
It just takes one person to make a difference in the life of a child.
Vegas Bride you are an angel--:angel:

http://www.angeltree.org/site_hmpg.asp

We have adopted a family for christmas, but I too will adopt an "Angel" in honor of Caylee.

VB

Count me in! I try to adopt a child every year, but this year will do so in honor of Caylee's memory. Great idea!

Wow thank you everyone!!! I know there will be happy little boys and girls on Christmas because of this and that is what I know I need to focus on right now for my own sanity.
I'm really looking forward to picking out my Angel today, will do that on my way to work and then will be doing some serious planning on what I can do for a precious child :) I told my husband about it last night and he's all for it also and we'll both get so much out of this. I'll be sure to post tonight (if able to get on the server) and let you know about my Angel :)

VB

Yesterday I picked out my Angel, she is 12 years old and it will be a joy to pick out some nice things for this little girl! She has a wish list for craft items, cd's and books! For my own therapy I need to focus on a child who needs a little Christmas Spirit, gifts need to be brought back to the bank by the 17th so I will be busy getting everything together. Any ideas on what books would be good for a 12 yo girl? I'm thinking of a jewelry making kit for the craft and a gift certificate for her to get a cd plus a sweater. I love Caylee and would give anything to shower her with gifts this Christmas but there are other children out there I can do this for.

VB

My son and I talked about this today. We always donate to Toys for Tots and he suggested "let's donate kid's books for Caylee because it looked like she liked to read". I gave him a bear hug, told him I love him, and said what a great idea, we will do this today when we are at the mall.

My son and I talked about this today. We always donate to Toys for Tots and he suggested "let's donate kid's books for Caylee because it looked like she liked to read". I gave him a bear hug, told him I love him, and said what a great idea, we will do this today when we are at the mall.

Oh that is so sweet for your son to think of that!!! Caylee certainly did look like she enjoyed books. The reason I picked the little Angel I did was partly due to her having books on her wish list. My s-i-l suggested a few different ones that are new plus I'm thinking of a few classics such as Little Women.

VB

This is such a sweet and loving thing to do! Bless you and I will be joining in giving to the Angel Tree!

This is such a sweet and loving thing to do! Bless you and I will be joining in giving to the Angel Tree!

Thank you GEG! :) There are so many children out there who need this. Every child should feel that someone cares about them, especially at Christmas time. :blowkiss::woohoo:
VB

Awesome idea! I'll choose a second child this year. We always choose one but you're right, that would be a beautiful tribute to this child who should be still with us!

Yesterday I picked out my Angel, she is 12 years old and it will be a joy to pick out some nice things for this little girl! She has a wish list for craft items, cd's and books! For my own therapy I need to focus on a child who needs a little Christmas Spirit, gifts need to be brought back to the bank by the 17th so I will be busy getting everything together. Any ideas on what books would be good for a 12 yo girl? I'm thinking of a jewelry making kit for the craft and a gift certificate for her to get a cd plus a sweater. I love Caylee and would give anything to shower her with gifts this Christmas but there are other children out there I can do this for.

VB

The Harry Potter books are good for that age. Hard to know if she has already read them though.

Thanks for giving us a wonderful idea to help children enjoy their christmas and to honor Caylee. :blowkiss:

The Harry Potter books are good for that age. Hard to know if she has already read them though.

Thanks for giving us a wonderful idea to help children enjoy their christmas and to honor Caylee. :blowkiss:

Thanks for that idea BonKai, I'd really like to put together a nice package so this young girl will have a great Christmas.

:blowkiss: VB

we (my kids and me) have pictures of her on a spot on the kitchen counter and we light a candle for her every night, and will continue to do so until casey is found guilty and justice for caylee is served.

also, my baby due in june, if a girl will be named caylee (my 12 year old son's idea)

We have decided to make a nice contribution to St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital so many kids can be helped in Caylee's name. St. Jude does not charge terminally ill children and has all of the best doctors, nurses, and equipment available.

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f2bfab46cb118010VgnVCM1000000e2015acRCRD

Being in Memphis I am very familiar with the miracles that happen at St. Jude.
I am going to donate for Caylee to the Ronald McDonald house for parents of sick and terminally ill children. The RMcD House was a godsend to our family when my son needed brain surgery in 1996.:blowkiss:

GMTA! I just posted this at SM this evening:

It makes me sad that Caylee can't open presents this Christmas and I thought of that tonight again...

One of the Marines for the Toys for Tots program was on TV (CNN) tonight talking about how donations were low and the demand was even greater this year because of the economy.

If those who can, when they are out doing their shopping the next few days, would buy a toy and donate it to the Toys for Tots or to their local Salvation Army Toy Drive in Caylee's memory...it would be a nice way to honor her. I think she would be happy knowing some other little girl will have a dolly to love or some little boy an action figure to play with.

I'm too far away to put flowers on her memorial site but I plan on shopping for a dolly or two when I do finish my Christmas shopping this week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back