780 users online (99 members and 681 guests)  

Websleuths News

Could there still be soft tissue left?

I couldn't find the right thread to post this under, so please move it if it has already been asked.
    There are rumors that duct tape was found around the mouth. If there is nothing but a skull left, how is that possible? Wouldn't the duct tape have fallen off when the body was decaying? I just don't see how there could be duct tape attached to a skull.
    Anyone got any answers on this one?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie_april View Post
    I couldn't find the right thread to post this under, so please move it if it has already been asked.
    There are rumors that duct tape was found around the mouth. If there is nothing but a skull left, how is that possible? Wouldn't the duct tape have fallen off when the body was decaying? I just don't see how there could be duct tape attached to a skull.
    Anyone got any answers on this one?
    If the tape was wrapped tightly around her mouth her jawbones could hold it in place I believe
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

I think there could be, since the remains were in a somewhat sealed bag and under water. Not sure after 6 months, but I would suspect some small amounts.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

baden on fox said yesterday that since it was wrapped in plastic with duct tape -- there is a chance for some---also mentioned hair samples and just a treasure trove of evidence inside of the bag...

jmo

Well if you tape someone's mouth, a lil piece wont work - you have to wrap it all the way around. give it a shot yourself - a lil piece just over the mouth, you can lick it right off. so yeah, it would still be there

duct tape is pretty watertight, plus remains being in a plastic bag, sealed, underwater, quite possibly some tissue is left. hair definitely.