1400 users online (341 members and 1059 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

UT - Brian Mitchell & Wanda Barzee charged in Elizabeth Smart kidnapping

Wanda B in the Eliabeth Smart case is incompent to stand trial.
    http://www.courttv.com/news/2004/0109/smart_ap.html

Wink She Just May Be Wacko..!!

SHE JUST MAY BE A LITTLE WACKO!!

Barzee's attorneys, David Finlayson and Scott Williams, filed a motion Wednesday in which Barzee asked the court to rule ''at its discretion'' without an evidence hearing, though she did not agree with the experts who found her incompetent.

''I do not believe myself to be mentally ill or infirm or incompetent in the eyes of the Lord,'' she said in the court document.

''understand the special nature of my relationship with God and my role as a minister and servant unto Him. ... Their inability to understand is also a result of their different belief system, and the influence of Satan's subtle powers on them.''

01/09/04 04:12 EST

ALOHA !! FROM SAN DIEGO

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOOHOO, what a ride!!!"

This woman is as bad as he is.... she is a Mom for goodness sake yet she assisted in the sexual assult of Elisabeth and the abuse and control of her.

I am sorry she is not standing trial, I hope she stays locked away from the public forever.

Angry UT - Couple charged in Elizabeth Smart kidnapping

SALT LAKE CITY (Reuters) - One of Utah teenager Elizabeth Smart's kidnappers who held her captive for nine months under terrible conditions on Friday was ruled mentally incompetent to stand trial.

More can be read here

Maybe he brainwashed her as well. I still say she should stand trial for all the hell they put that little girl thru. Mentally ill or not. I think they knew right from wrong or they wouldn't have concealed her like they did.

Quote Originally Posted by alpharee
    Maybe he brainwashed her as well. I still say she should stand trial for all the hell they put that little girl thru. Mentally ill or not. I think they knew right from wrong or they wouldn't have concealed her like they did.
    I totally agree. She wouldn't have been threatened that her family was going to be killed if she asked for help. This makes me so angry. Hiding out in the woods and chaining her to her tree for, what was it? Three months? Hopefully, Brian David Mitchell will not be found incompetent.

I cannot believe that Ed Smart said that Elizabeth would be better of in the long run if both were committed. To me, they DON'T WANT these people punished. I would want nothing but justice for my child.

Also, I think Wanda is very smart. I don't buy that she's incompetent. If all she says is "it's Gods choice, it's Gods way, it's our right..." Well, I could come up with those phrases too. It's not like she didn't know she was speaking to a psychologist. Don't buy it.

One Year Anniversary of Elizabeth Smart's Return Home

Here's a link from a newspaper in SCL on the one year after the rescue of Elizabeth Smart. http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Mar/03122004/utah/147010.asp

Here's another SLC paper on one year since end of kidnapping.
    http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595048479,00.html

Columnist Lee Benson speaks out on one year after along with former SLC detective Cory Lyman. Seems most LE believes that case is kidnapping as Lyman & Dave Smart have been invited to speak at a police chiefs association in June. Excellent article.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595048464,00.html

If she was capable of understanding she was in a park and had to keep their captive from ever being alone, then she can understand that she is in a courtroom and has to assist her counsel in her defense.

No argument from me on that one, but to assist in her own defense, she would first have to admit she was wrong.

It is just as wonderful remembering that day now as when it happened. Where would she be today if those citizens had not called in after seeing them, would she be a pregnant teenage Mom, feeling she could never go back?? Thankfully we will NEVER know.

God Bless Her and her family. ENJOY YOUR LIFE ELIZABETH!

Brian David Mitchell / Elizabeth Smart

Judge Finds Elizabeth Smart Kidnapping Suspect Competent to Stand Trial

Aug 31, 2004 9:42 am US/Mountain

A judge on Tuesday found a homeless man competent to stand trial in the kidnapping of teenager Elizabeth Smart, bringing an early end to what had been expected to be a three-day hearing to gauge Brian Mitchell's mental state.

Details of what led Judge Judith Atherton to the quick ruling were not immediately available.

Mitchell, 50, and wife Wanda Barzee, 58, are both charged with kidnapping the then-14-year-old from her bedroom at knifepoint in 2002 and keeping her for nine months in Utah and California.

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_244114752.html

wordsnmorewords is offline Blessed are they who maintain justice; who constantly do what is right.PSALM 106

UT - Elizabeth Smart case

Prosecutors dropped a bombshell in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping case today, revealing Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Eileen Barzee were indicted by a state grand jury last September -- a document that has remained secret until it was unsealed this morning.

http://sltrib.com/ci_2406278#top

The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinions.
    Author:
    James Russell Lowell

I'm not so foolish as to think truth and justice must inevitably triumph simply because they deserve to, but liars ultimately destroy the things they lie to protect, and corruption, ambition, and betrayal inevitably betray themselves, as well.

DAVID WEBER, By Schism Rent Asunder

wordsnmorewords is offline Blessed are they who maintain justice; who constantly do what is right.PSALM 106

Secret document unsealed in Elizabeth Smart case

Secret document unsealed in Elizabeth Smart case
    Prosecutors dropped a bombshell in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping case today, revealing Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Eileen Barzee were indicted by a state grand jury last September -- a document that has remained secret until it was unsealed this morning.

http://sltrib.com/ci_2406278#top

The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinions.
    Author:
    James Russell Lowell

I'm not so foolish as to think truth and justice must inevitably triumph simply because they deserve to, but liars ultimately destroy the things they lie to protect, and corruption, ambition, and betrayal inevitably betray themselves, as well.

DAVID WEBER, By Schism Rent Asunder

"The indictment means Elizabeth Smart will not have to testify at such a public hearing. Nor will anyone she spoke to about the kidnapping have to testify about details of the case at this stage of the prosecution. "

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elizabeth will be spared further trauma and I GURANTEE these nutcases will go away for a lonnnggggggggggg time!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by messiecake
    "The indictment means Elizabeth Smart will not have to testify at such a public hearing. Nor will anyone she spoke to about the kidnapping have to testify about details of the case at this stage of the prosecution. "

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elizabeth will be spared further trauma and I GURANTEE these nutcases will go away for a lonnnggggggggggg time!
    I bet that there are already plea bargain talks taking place with Mitchell's lawyer. I hope he goes away for a couple of "forevers!"
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast