Where did casey get the idea?

not_my_kids

Reaction score
I think we are pretty much in agreement that although casey is evil, she is not creative, and she is not all that smart. If she needed an idea on how to dispose of Caylee's body, she would have gone to the TV or the internet to get her idea. It's obvious she didn't come up with the idea alone, as evidenced by the Web searches.
Accoding to the documents that show her Internet searches, we can see the she visited missingkids.com. That is the website run by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. On the website, they feature this case
http://missingkids.com/missingkids/...NCMU&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

This little girl was wrapped in a black garbage bag, stuffed in a blue and white Igloo cooler and dumped off the side of a parkway in New York City. SHe was roughly the same age as Caylee. She has also been unidentified for 17 years. I think that since we know Casey searched this site she may have stumbled across this case and ran with it, mainly because she could accomplish this with household things she had lying around and because the child has gone so long without being identified.
We know that the black garbage bag and the website search have been verified and there are reports regarding the blue cooler being taken from the Anthony's. (Will post media link for cooler when I find one.)
She could very well have used the cooler for transport and then started to worry that her parents would notice it missing, or she may have tried to bury it and realized that it was too much work to dig a hole big enough for the whole cooler. Or the cooler removed from the Anthony's may not have been the same one that they had before, she may have replaced it.

Now I am not saying that this was where she got the idea, but it seems very likely to me. I am sure there are other theories and thought it might be nice to bring them all together. She had to get this idea from somewhere and I just have a hard time thinking that she came up with this all on her own. It might not have been smart, but she did keep Caylee's body hidden for 6 months and if she had managed a couple more, she might have kept it hidden til after her trial.

Interesting and if indeed the cooler story being taken/used in any way from the A's is true, then I would find it likely her idea stemmed directly from this. She is stupid if she used the cooler in any way from the A's house. Why not just go pay cash for a cooler somewhere besides Target or Winn Dixie where they have her traced back to? JMO.

This case has brought a lot of tears for that precious little girl Caylee. I believe there is going to be a special place in hell for Casie. As a grandmother myself I do not understand Cindy. I would want the truth to come out. I know she would have wanted Caylee to come back alive. I love my own grandchildren and my world would come to a halt if I lost either one of them boys. I have major issues with the way Cindy has behaved. I would searched heaven and hell for the truth. I would have shaken casie into telling the truth.

I wouldn't be surprised if KC ran across this story while internet searching. The internet was her world to be someone. KC sems to take away little pieces of other peoples life and mesh them into her made up life. This backs up her delusions of grandure. She didn't have enough life experience under her belt to be what she was portraying to her friends.

I disagree. I think Casey is smart and very creative (Hellooo Zani!). She was smart enough to be able to hide Caylee's disappearance, she was creative enough to invent little games with the police and she was smart enough to keep the lies going so the truth wouldn't be uncovered. She(?) placed Caylee's body in a place which was so close to home, but instead led people to focus on Blanchard Park. She is smart and she certainly is manipulative, and, for the most part, she has been a reasonable liar.

While Casey has a level of intelligence, aspects of her disposal of Caylee's body ARE messy. I think it's entirely reasonable she completely chose her own method of murder and disposal.

I disagree. I think Casey is smart and very creative (Hellooo Zani!). She was smart enough to be able to hide Caylee's disappearance, she was creative enough to invent little games with the police and she was smart enough to keep the lies going so the truth wouldn't be uncovered. She(?) placed Caylee's body in a place which was so close to home, but instead led people to focus on Blanchard Park. She is smart and she certainly is manipulative, and, for the most part, she has been a reasonable liar.

While Casey has a level of intelligence, aspects of her disposal of Caylee's body ARE messy. I think it's entirely reasonable she completely chose her own method of murder and disposal.

I agree with you. Casey is smarter than most people give her credit for. After all, it took 6 months to find that poor baby. I think Casey methodically plotted this out months before she murdered her. I don't think the disposal of Caylee went quite the way she had planned. Something intervend with her plan and she panicked. Had Caylee not been found, she very well could have gotten away with it. It only takes one juror.

IMO, Casey got some of her ideas from reading about a much closer-to-home case...that of Trenton D.

Melinda purchased a box of Hefty trash bags the morning of the day she reported Trenton missing. She threw her brand new box of Hefty bags away shortly after Trenton disappeared. Two trash bags from the box were missing.

Online cybersleuths theorized that Melinda did not tell LE where she was with Trenton the weekend Trenton disappeared because Melinda might have been afraid harm would come to Trenton and Melinda's family if she gave police that information.

Cindy offered that same reason to the public. Cindy is seen on video asking Casey if fear for Caylee and the family might be a reason Casey couldn't tell anything and Casey says it is.

The OTHER theory offered online to explain Melinda's silence was that Melinda DID talk but LE wouldn't listen. Supposedly LE lied when they said Melinda was uncooperative. LE supposedly discounted what Melinda DID say because it didn't fit their theory of the case. Right away their investigation had narrowed and focused on Melinda and LE didn't investigate other options.

Which is exactly what Cindy said. I find the part where Cindy said "Casey DID talk and LE wouldnt' listen" too much *word for word* the same as the Melinda speculations to be coincidence.

I think Casey and the Anthony's followed Trenton's disappearance and later used some of the hypothesis' theorized to explain Melinda's attitude and non-cooperation as reasons for the same kind of behavior from Casey.

IMO

I feel the word smart just doen't apply to KC. Lets not give her that much credit here folks. Look where she is sitting ! I feel more appropiate words are methodical & manipulative.

I feel the word smart just doen't apply to KC. Lets not give her that much credit here folks. Look where she is sitting ! I feel more appropiate words are methodical & manipulative.

I agree. She is book smart to a point. She certainly doesn't have real street smarts. She was able to fool her family over the years b/c they wanted to believe her. She is not a genius. This girl is a user. She did her research and used the ideas and experiences of others. I think her fatal flaw was her need to jump immediately into her new life. If she had used those 31 days to coverup and come up w/ a good story-she may not be sitting in jail right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if KC ran across this story while internet searching. The internet was her world to be someone. KC sems to take away little pieces of other peoples life and mesh them into her made up life. This backs up her delusions of grandure. She didn't have enough life experience under her belt to be what she was portraying to her friends.

Very insightful post, kageykaren. Sociopaths often borrow their material from the emotions and reactions of others, freely absorbing parts and pieces of other people. In short: What you see is what they aren't.

OT: I used to have a BIL who was sociopathic. (lots of close calls before he went on to the "next victim") When my father passed away, I had gone into another room and closed the door to dry my eyes. As often happens when one is grieving, I thought for a second that I heard my father's voice in amongst all of the others ( thinking back-probably my brother's) My BIL was waiting outside of my closed door when I came out- with his fake concern face on. lol. So I told him what I "heard." His eyes widened and he said, "Really!"

Not two minutes later, I heard him in another room using my very words! He was saying it in such a mournful tone too, "It's as if I can hear his voice in the next room..." Shivers. He looked up, our eyes locked, and he knew I had his number from that moment on.

Back to Casey and how this applies: She's a "borrower," IMO.

Casey thought she was smart and could bully everyone- If she was a normal person, she would of looked back at Susan Smith and seen where shes sitting for Life and Couey and Scott Peterson on death row but shes not normal. The duct tape and black garbage bag reminded me of Couey with Jessica. I just picked up a roll of duct tape before to tape something and my stomach tossed thinking about Jessica and Caylee and put it back down. She could of just thought the idea up herself knowing the creep (I'm being nice here) that she is. But guess what Casey- you backed yourself right into a corner and can't get out-

Sorry but I don't think the way Caylee was disposed of took any thought at all. Just by lurking at this site for a few months I've learned much better ways to dispose of a body. Wrapping it in a garbage bag taken from where she lived and then either dumping it or shallow burying it less then half a mile from her own home.....no thought involved at all.

Actually pretty stupid.

I agree- it was pretty STUPID- putting her that close to the house was very dumb- if she was trying to hide that she was dead, at least go further than the area where you live-

I don't think she got the idea anywhere. She didn't plan ahead for this. She is not smart. People keep out thinking or overthinking the situation. They subscribe deep planning to a creature like KC because most people can't grasp that she is wired diferently, and just does things directly.

- The child was dead, for whatever reason or mechanism.
- She uses a typical trash bag. I think this speaks more for the psychology of the individual and less about a statement or a plan. dead daughters body = trash to be gotten rid of. Trash bags are handy, body goes in the bag, bag goes in the trunk.
- She probably tossed the trash bag into the swamp when she had a near discovery by GA, when he went into the cars trunk. She went just far enough away from the house to not be seen, and just far enough into the woods/swampy area to not be seen. Not one step or mile farther. An immediate fix for an immediate problem. Caylee probably went into the swamp within an hour of GA discovering the gas cans in the trunk.

She has taken few if any direct actions to cover her tracks, mostly just lies and stories. About the only act she took was to abandon the car.

She dumped her "baby" in a place that was close to her heart; a place her and her friends frequented when she was younger. Maybe she felt "free" there (Safe haven from her dysfunctional mother) and thought this was a place where her child could be "free" too.
I'm not saying it was smart of her, but it makes sense to me why she would choose this area. I think she planned it to be a kidnapping but didn't realize until it was too late that she didn't have everything worked out like she thought she did. Like when cops started questioning her.

On the day AL claims KC called him that she was out of gas, and he found her walking down Chickasaw Trail towards her house, she claimed she had cut through a developement and that's where her car was. He claimed he took her to her parents house, got a gas can and took her back to her car, however, she wouldn't let him put the gas in her car. She did it herself. I think KC disposed of the child on this day. I don't recall the date. I think Suburban is probably where KC's car was.

This is just my opinion.

Very insightful post, kageykaren. Sociopaths often borrow their material from the emotions and reactions of others, freely absorbing parts and pieces of other people. In short: What you see is what they aren't.

OT: I used to have a BIL who was sociopathic. (lots of close calls before he went on to the "next victim") When my father passed away, I had gone into another room and closed the door to dry my eyes. As often happens when one is grieving, I thought for a second that I heard my father's voice in amongst all of the others ( thinking back-probably my brother's) My BIL was waiting outside of my closed door when I came out- with his fake concern face on. lol. So I told him what I "heard." His eyes widened and he said, "Really!"

Not two minutes later, I heard him in another room using my very words! He was saying it in such a mournful tone too, "It's as if I can hear his voice in the next room..." Shivers. He looked up, our eyes locked, and he knew I had his number from that moment on.

Back to Casey and how this applies: She's a "borrower," IMO.

Boy you got that right!! I noticed how she "borrows" from watching the jail tapes. The one that hit me like a two by four is when Lee came to see her and told her his priorities, he put himself last, Caylee first. That same day later her parents come and what does KC tell them? She tells them how she is last on her list of priorities and that Caylee is first!!! Unbelievable. I am not sure there is anything original about KC. She is walking, talking waste.... hugh waste IMO.

The only tv show I can remember was the first SVU episode. Olivia was on the phone w/a child who was being held hostage for a pron ring. The end of the episode - they found the child using cell pings. Child was found buried across the street from where perp had kept her. When they dug her up - they smelled chloroform.

Borrower, hehehe, yep not ingenious, not really smart. Good lord, would you toss a body right by your home? Not that any of us will ever have to think of it, hopefully. She created fantasies as a small child does of say Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy, and lived them out. Not very bright, just a borrower as was so astutely named above. Not really creative at all. Sad and youthful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back