Million Dollar Dream Team. Discuss the Players Here and UPDATE INFO

curiositycat

The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule
Reaction score
Website
helpforstrugglingchristians.wordpress.com
http://www.kathyreichs.com/

Kathy Reichs is the woman who inspired and contributed to the TV Series "Bones." She is now on the defense team.

She is a noted authority of forensic Anthropology. She is also a best selling author.

Sure she doesn't need the recognition or face time....so how does KC's team pay for this expert??:waitasec:

I was just watching Fox News Live and cannot believe the high profile expensive defense team for Casey! Who is paying for all of this?? Why blow such a cut and dried case so out of proportion??? How can these defense people sleep at night knowing they are doing everything they can to get this mom off the hook?

The forensic team will probably identify the remains as little Caylee's and then the defense just can't let it go and mourn the loss of an innocent life? They will have to have their own forensic team pick through the remains to try and prove it is not Caylee or what? So sick and heartless!

What ever happened to good old fashioned murder trials? The body is now probably found, all evidence points to the mom, can't she have enough humanity to finally admit her guilt. Even if she said it was an accident...I did it...I'm guilty and so sorry! Even though we know because of the duct tape it wasn't an accident...let it go already!! Enough of the lies!! Admit to what you did for the sake of little Caylee!!

Why waste everyone's time and money to basically try and let a mom off on the brutal murder of her child?? Surely Caylee's little life was more than that!!! I'm sorry...I should have put this on the rant thread but I am just furious!!!! What has happened to society and the legal system???:furious:

I'm glad they lined up all these 'big folks' before the body is even ID'd so prosecution fully knows who they're dealing with.

Interesting. The better question is WHY is someone paying this much to defend her?!

We already know that Caylee's life wasn't worth anything to KC but I would have thought that their grand daughter's life was important to CA & GA but obviously if they are willing to assemble this team of defense attorneys for their daughter, their grand daughter's life meant absolutely nothing to them.

I just saw that on Fox several minutes ago too, I posted on another thread that I am waiting/looking for the footage to be posted so I can link it here.

Found this clip where 3:37 into it sources say that OC is looking into obstruction charges for CA and GA.

Maybe Dream A Team is over there discussing this aspect with them too.

The plethora of experts to challenge the physical evidence seems like a smoke screen for not being able to provide evidence and answers to the big questions in this case. I am not impressed.

I don't think George and Cindy have assembled this team for Casey. It seems like a benefactor is funding this for some odd reason and sending in the glorified crime regulars. It almost has the feel of organized TV for ratings.

One of the lawyers on Fox pointed out that the jails are FULL of criminals who had good lawyers at trial. I think we can add another to the list.

Kathy Reichs is the woman who inspired and contributed to the TV Series "Bones." She is now on the defense team.

She is a noted authority of forensic Anthropology. She is also a best selling author.

Sure she doesn't need the recognition or face time....so how does KC's team pay for this expert??:waitasec:

Correction - They all need more recognition and face time. The more times they appear on Larry King Live, the higher their value. I think at least half the Defense team are getting paid with publicity. (Kobelinsky, Lee, Baden)

I can't help, but think the Defense team did this early so they would have a known professional witness the autopsy.

I also think that the defense lawyers are "donating" (for the lack od a better word) their time and energy for the sheer publicity due to the size of this case. They will have to be paid, no doubt. But, this is a huge case and I'm sure if there is any money made during a trial or after, they will receive a percentage.

Interesting. The better question is WHY is someone paying this much to defend her?!

The answer seems obvious to me...

The more prolonged and more sensational the trial, the more the story is worth and the more fame and money they make.

The last thing these lawyers want is a plea bargin, which to me seems a COI and not in the taxpayer's interest.

For those who don't live in Florida. Florida is hard hit by the financial crisis with a very high forclosure rate and lost property values. It does not have a state income tax, and recently the Homestead property tax exemption for residents was increased so local governments are even more strapped for cash in a stagnant economy. The Orlando area is heavily dependant on tourism which is usually hard-hit in an economic downturn.

Her defense attorneys DO NOT care about this innocent victim, all they care about is their client, and getting her off on the charges. They do not care if she is guilty or not, that is not their job, that is the SA to prove she committed the crime she is charged with. Who/why is someone paying for all the defense attorneys/experts? Well that is none of our business, according to Baez. I disagree with you Mr. Baez. Casey has a right to attorneys and experts but come on now, she had no job and her parents have no money. She should have a public defender like other murderers with her financial income, not the "Scream Team" like she has. Hopefully, the judge and jury do not fall for their antics.

No pizza ... no nanny!!!!

So......how is this dream team going to explain Casey's fingerprints on the duct tape if they find her prints? Guess that was tampered with too??
JUSTICE FOR LITTLE CAYLEE!!!!!!!!! :blowkiss:

Lots of high profile attorneys have gotten obviously guilty clients off too.

That is why those lawyers are high profile and can command the big bucks.

Seeing new video of Casey and Caylee on the Today show this week makes me sure George's and Cindy's Dateline and Today show appearances have somehow contributed to Casey's defense.

Don't forget the People exclusive either. Or the book Cindy admits she WILL be writing.

IMO

It's upsetting to me in a number of ways..

The average person, you or me, can rot in jail and take our chances with either a public defender or an average lawyer. Truth be known if we killed our child that's all we deserve.

The second reason it bothers me is that I remember the tactics used in the Phil Spector trial...the expert witnesses confused the jury as a smoke screen and it ended in a mistrial. I want KC to rot in he&&.

Also, lots of people stand to make money off the death of an innocent child. Sure this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for fame for them, but I wish they were working for the prosecution.

I do understand in some way these people wanting to be involved in this case...these people like figuring things out and this case is one for the books. JMO

[FONT="is it jsut me or does anyone else find it offensive when jb is quoted as saying "[B][I]playing to win[/I][/B]"???? This isn't a game--its the loss of an innocent little girl----shameful and disrepectful--that and and the hearing yesterday more or less implying that only the defense team is qualified---that name dropping (resume of sorts) was bizarre to me ....

between that and just watching la remove the make-shift memorial for Caylee--how heartless are the people.....

jmo Sans MS"][/FONT]

They have hired a team of experts reserved generally for the uber-affluent. These people don't work for free and they don't work based on potential profits from a book etc. Someone is paying for this and it's quite possible it's the good citizens of the State of Florida. In CA an indigent criminal defendant is entitled to have the attorney and team of his/her choice at taxpayer's expense. I don't know what the situation is in Florida but it's possible it's the same.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back