What if the body isn't 6 months decomposed?

JoAnn_W

Reaction score
After finding the remains, LE searched the Anthony home and removed pesticides, among other things.

I've heard it said that pesticides preserve the body or slow decomposition.

Does that mean the body does not appear to have 6 months decomposition or that pesticides were immediately detected?

If pesticides aren't found, if the body doesn't show 6 months decomposition, if the pesticides don't match what was taken from the Anthony home... Questions, I have questions.

JoAnn_W

LOL at your questions- I think I am just going to wait and see what stems from the results from the autopsy, etc- My poor brain is screaming -its on overload- To me the body has to show 6 months of decomposition because she died in June. Maybe she used the pesticides, if there were pestacides to try and rid of the maggots in trunk. I cant think straight right now- my brain needs a break. Maybe someone else can give their opinion on your questions better

After finding the remains, LE searched the Anthony home and removed pesticides, among other things.

Does that mean the body does not appear to have 6 months decomposition or that pesticides were immediately detected?

If pesticides aren't found, if the body doesn't show 6 months decomposition, if the pesticides don't match what was taken from the Anthony home... Questions, I have questions.

JoAnn_W

I had incorrectly stated that it may actually preserve the body in a thread yesterday (referencing dr vass), but thought I had read it somewhere.
But you raise some very interesting questions. I think its going to be a very long couple of weeks waiting on the autopsy results.

It is way too early to say what the significance of the pesticide is. It could be that they were not able to pinpoint any cause of death at the scene, so looked at the home for poisons and any other means of causing death. It could be that a pesticide bag was found on or near the remains. It could be just standard procedure. Or for all I know, the pesticide could have been an ingredient in making cloraform. At this point it is just too early to tell.

what if the sun doesn't rise tomorrow, I don't mean that to sound mean, I'm just saying there is no doubt that little angel has been laying in a garbage bag for six months right around the corner from her home and her own mother put her there...I would gladly go to FL and break the law if I thought I might be able to get my hands around Ms. KC's neck...and I don't believe in violence.....

I had incorrectly stated that it may actually preserve the body in a thread yesterday (referencing dr vass), but thought I had read it somewhere.
But you raise some very interesting questions. I think its going to be a very long couple of weeks waiting on the autopsy results.

Longer than that, LE has stated they won't be releasing the autopsy results til trial.

From what has been described thus far, the body sounds like it is on target with the mid-June scenario. The facts are going to become quite graphic from here on out as to the condition of the body. It is going to be quite difficult for a lot of people who are new to following horrific cases to comprehend how we discuss them.

Usually they will release the cause of death (if known) even if they don't announce anything else from the autopsy.

It's possible that there was not the normal, expected insect activity on the body or in the bag - suggesting pesticide/repellant. Speculation only.

Oh dear me....reading the post about KC perhaps using the pesticides to kill maggots in the trunk brought the most awful picture and question to my mind. How in the world could she view her daughter's little body with maggot infestation? How could a loving mother tolerate such a sight without going into some kind of melt down emotionally. Remember folks....she continued to party hardy. I really had not allowed myself to think about this until your post...now I wish I hadn't. Poor little Caylee.

Lady Sleuth
jmho

They would not have believed they found Caylee if the corpse did not look like it had been decomposing for six months. As we know from so many sightings, lots of little girls resemble Caylee.

It is pretty obvious from LE's activities who they think they found.

If Casey wanted Caylee to disappear more she should not have wrapped her in the plastic or left her where she would be underwater.

IMO

I have a lot of questions and hope to know if pesticides were detected in the trunk previously, but the pump sprayers weren't confiscated since there was no body yet. It's hard to understand how LE instantly knew to take those things.

JoAnn_W

Why would Casey want to slow decomposition?

If she wanted the body to stop smelling and disappear she should have left it exposed to sun, air, animals and insects.

Maybe Caylee's hair was full of pesticide from Caylee being sprayed down because Casey didn't like flies swarming around her car trunk.

IMO

It is way too early to say what the significance of the pesticide is. It could be that they were not able to pinpoint any cause of death at the scene, so looked at the home for poisons and any other means of causing death. It could be that a pesticide bag was found on or near the remains. It could be just standard procedure. Or for all I know, the pesticide could have been an ingredient in making cloraform. At this point it is just too early to tell.
sorry, new poster here and i am just giddy that i can finally ask all of my questions :crazy: i was hoping someone could tell me whether or not a search warrant was a one shot deal. could it be that LE had a list of items they realized they should have grabbed the first time and were waiting for another opportunity? i can't imagine the LE has the right to continually search someone's house, taking more and more items. i speculate that LE already had a plan in place for another warrant as soon as any new evidence or body surfaced. all of these confusing new items that are being removed ie pestides, vacuums, pillows etc. were relevant to prior working theories and not necessarily prompted by anything in the bag of remains.

I'm really confused because I thought Jane (covering for NG or on her own show) had someone on that said pesticides speed up decomposition and mask the smell.

WENDY MURPHY, FORMER PROSECUTOR: Yes, exactly. And we don`t know the precise date when these computer searches were done, how it correlates with the ever-evolving timeline. We don`t exactly know when she disappeared. There`s been so much misinformation about that -- lies I should say -- out of the Anthony family home.

One thing I want to go back to Jane, we talked about pesticides earlier. I used to be a counsel to the chief medical examiner`s office here in Massachusetts. Pesticides are commonly used when the homicide is, you know, not necessarily intentional, but you are trying to get rid of the body.

It speeds up decomposition and covers up odor; covers up odor. Think about that. Summer, hot; they`ve got to cover up the odor. Try to get the body to decompose quickly so it won`t be discovered. Perhaps that`s why they were looking for pesticides.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/12/ijvm.01.html

sorry, new poster here and i am just giddy that i can finally ask all of my questions :crazy: i was hoping someone could tell me whether or not a search warrant was a one shot deal. could it be that LE had a list of items they realized they should have grabbed the first time and were waiting for another opportunity? i can't imagine the LE has the right to continually search someone's house, taking more and more items. i speculate that LE already had a plan in place for another warrant as soon as any new evidence or body surfaced. all of these confusing new items that are being removed ie pestides, vacuums, pillows etc. were relevant to prior working theories and not necessarily prompted by anything in the bag of remains.

I agree that at this point, my best guess it that they are just being very, very thorough. It could be a result of other findings/test results that we aren't aware of yet, or just trying to anticipate what will be found. If they didn't feel they got what they wanted, they'll be back. It may have been harder to get a search warrant prior to the discovery of the body since there was less direction on what they were looking for...

In order to get the search warrant, I would think they need to show just cause to ask for the items . . . based on something that was with the body or they suspect (e.g., poisoning)?

And welcome, scratchthatitch. :)

I think John Wayne Gacy was a fan of pesticides to cover the odor of the decomposing bodies and to kill the pesky insects coming from the crawl space under his house until he got "hot" on using lime to speed up the process.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back