View Poll Results: What was the duct tape used for?

Voters
694. You may not vote on this poll
  • To silence Caylee during the murder

332 47.84%
  • To stage a kidnapping

184 26.51%
  • Other

178 25.65%
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: What was the duct tape used for?

Hybrid View

Poll: What was the duct tape used for?

Do you think the duct tape was used to silence Caylee during the murder, used to stage a kidnapping, or something else?

I think it was used to silence Caylee IMO KC could care less what pain Caylee felt. She just didnt want here screaming to draw attention.
    "Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you"... Sincerely, Tricia Griffith and the Websleuths Family

I voted other because I don't believe Casey staged a kidnapping, or even really thought about it, until the day police were called.

I think the staging of the kidnapping was as far as her planning went, and she believed she could get away with the Zani story because people seemed to buy her lies all the time.

I believe the duct tape was to silence Caylee. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by toledo View Post
    I think the staging of the kidnapping was as far as her planning went, and she believed she could get away with the Zani story because people seemed to buy her lies all the time.

Good point.

I`m not sure about the duct tape, but voted staging.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteeri View Post
    Good point.

I`m not sure about the duct tape, but voted staging.
    I lean towards the idea that the kidnapping story didn't gel until the 15th of July when CA brought KC home from AL's. When their mom was out of the room, KC didn't tell LA that Caylee was kidnapped. She just said she hadn't seen her in 31 days. Near that point, CA asked "who took her?" and the kidnapping story evolved from there. JMO.

So IMHO I believe the duct tape got tangled on the head during the flooding and winds, or was placed there at the time of death, not as a part of any staged kidnap.
    And a rock feels no pain. And an island never cries.

but here's what I don't get about the kidnapping theory: if you wanted people to believe your kid had been kidnapped, why wouldn't you act frantic with worry and call the police immediately? waiting 30 days and then being like "yeah, she's at disney world, cocoa beach, wherever" nonchalantly, is not a good way to make your case. or maybe she did, because I don't know in what world she's living in that she thinks her kid can go missing for 30 days and no one will ever notice.
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

Quote Originally Posted by future criminologist View Post
    but here's what I don't get about the kidnapping theory: if you wanted people to believe your kid had been kidnapped, why wouldn't you act frantic with worry and call the police immediately? waiting 30 days and then being like "yeah, she's at disney world, cocoa beach, wherever" nonchalantly, is not a good way to make your case. or maybe she did, because I don't know in what world she's living in that she thinks her kid can go missing for 30 days and no one will ever notice.
    Well, the longer no one realized Caylee was missing, the more fun KC could have, and she didn't want to draw attention to her missing daughter. Remember, she said "I've been trying to do my own investigation, which was stupid". It's not a good way to make her case, but she's been trying to convince everyone that "Caylee will be in danger" if she spills the beans. Sheesh, her parents bought it!

Quote Originally Posted by cuppy199 View Post
    I think it was used to silence Caylee IMO KC could care less what pain Caylee felt. She just didnt want here screaming to draw attention.
    ITA, I think it was used to keep her quiet in case she woke up. I wonder if they do tests like this at the Body Farm, take some of the cadavers and put duct tape on them and leave some on dry land and put some in water to see what happens and to see what skin looks like after it has been under duct tape for a period of time. I would think the tape would preserve the skin to some extent.

Do you think the duct tape was used to silence Caylee during the murder, used to stage a kidnapping, or something else?
    Wow~ thanks for this and I thought I was the only one that thought it was staged!

I voted other. I think she used the duct tape to block body fluids from coming out of the mouth after she died.

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    I voted other. I think she used the duct tape to block body fluids from coming out of the mouth after she died.
    Ditto.

To block body fluids the eyes, ears, nose and anus would also had to have been taped up. Just taping up the mouth would not have worked.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

This is my theory for the time being as well. I know there are "other" orifices but yeah....This just made the most sense to me.
    Death Leaves A Heartache No One Can Heal. Love Leaves A Memory No One Can Steal. Rest In Peace Caylee.

You Have the same train of thought that I have, Baznme.

I wouldn't give Casey that much credit. She's not smart by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsgal View Post
    I wouldn't give Casey that much credit. She's not smart by any means.
    IMHO, I don't think it takes any more brains to wrap the head with duct tape to block leaking fluids than it does to place the body in a trash bag and wrap that with duct tape, which rumor has as well. I think it is a very plausible explanation.

Ditto.

Do you think the duct tape was used to murder Caylee, used to stage a kidnapping, or something else?
    MHO is that KC put it there to either silence or suffocate Klee. (Silencing goes along with the dope and put in trunk theory.)

I've seen folks saying duct tape over the mouth might go along with a staged kidnap scenario, but why would Klee's babysitter of 2 years need to tape the baby's mouth shut to kidnap her?? Surely Klee would be used to being with her? KC even claimed to have received a very calm call phone call from Klee the day KC was arrested (another lie, but still shows her mindset I think).

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Puzzler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzler View Post
    MHO is that KC put it there to either silence or suffocate Klee. (Silencing goes along with the dope and put in trunk theory.)

I've seen folks saying duct tape over the mouth might go along with a staged kidnap scenario, but why would Klee's babysitter of 2 years need to tape the baby's mouth shut to kidnap her?? Surely Klee would be used to being with her? KC even claimed to have received a very calm call phone call from Klee the day KC was arrested (another lie, but still shows her mindset I think).

And, the only reason she mentions such a phone call is to further distance herself from the evidence she knows was with Caylee....making sure she says the book Caylee was reading is the same one in the father's day video!

She used it to quiet Caylee during the crime of murder, right in her own bedroom.

(hope i get this quote thing right this time!?)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to trafficsUP66 For This Useful Post:

I think she used it to silence Caylee. Possibly to keep her from waking up and crying ahead of planned time between choroform administration and body dumping. i wonder if Caylee was still alive, but unconscious (I hope) when she was thrown in the swamp.

That way KC, in her twisted way, could tell herself she didn't actually kill Caylee. She only drugged her and threw her under water.

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower67 View Post
    I think she used it to silence Caylee. Possibly to keep her from waking up and crying ahead of planned time between choroform administration and body dumping. i wonder if Caylee was still alive, but unconscious (I hope) when she was thrown in the swamp.

That way KC, in her twisted way, could tell herself she didn't actually kill Caylee. She only drugged her and threw her under water.
    But that wouldn't explain the decomp in the trunk. I feel she killed Caylee and planned on blaming it on zanny.

kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    I don't feel it was used to stop ( Gore ) bodily fluids. The other orafices would leak out as well.

I voted Casey put the duct tape on Caylee to stage a kidnapping. JMO
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast