View Poll Results: What was the duct tape used for?

Voters
694. You may not vote on this poll
  • To silence Caylee during the murder

    332 47.84%
  • To stage a kidnapping

    184 26.51%
  • Other

    178 25.65%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 356

Thread: Poll: What was the duct tape used for?

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by mollie View Post
    I'm beginning to think Caylee was wrapped in something, possibly a blanket or a sheet, then duct taped tightly. As time went by, the tape might have slipped, loosening the blanket/sheet and stuck to Caylee's face.
    There have been reports that she was wrapped in something from the house and we know SB specifically stated there was absolutely something found that could be linked to the house. I don't think anything has been confirmed as to what it is, but I think your scenario is likely to have some truth to it.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the sweet Carolina pines
    Posts
    3,895
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyT View Post
    BUT, Casey didn't live with a funeral director. I think you're giving her too much credit. She obviously put no thought into the entire process. At this point, I can't buy that she even considered covering Caylee's mouth because of body fluids leaking. What she did when the fluids were leaking was, tossed Caylee into another garbage bag.
    I agree. KC did what was easiest for KC. I don't think she would have handled a dead body that much. Dumping the body would be much easier.

  3. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyT View Post
    BUT, Casey didn't live with a funeral director. I think you're giving her too much credit. She obviously put no thought into the entire process. At this point, I can't buy that she even considered covering Caylee's mouth because of body fluids leaking. What she did when the fluids were leaking was, tossed Caylee into another garbage bag.
    She wouldn't have to live with a Funeral Director. If she didn't dump the body until around the 24th, she would have been in a mess with the fluids by then. Just a thought.... she decided to wrap the area where it was coming from.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    17
    IMO, KC was still seething with rage from the previous night's' fight with GA and CA. I think KC used the duct tape to silence Caylee the best she could, because she was probably killed right there in their own house, returning there with Caylee after GA left for work that Monday, June 16th. IMO, she did it in a fit of rage that had built up over some time, and it was probably quite violent. Most people don't think KC's capable of such violence because she's petite and attractive - don't be fooled by that.:Justice::

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mi Perro Querido For This Useful Post:


  6. #180
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    around here somewhere...
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by audiogirl View Post
    I do believe KC placed the duct tape on Caylee's mouth to keep her quite after she chloroformed her. The duct tape was simply a back-up in case Caylee woke up before KC was through doing what ever is was she was engaged in. I also believe she may have had her hands bound to prevent little Caylee from removing the tape from her mouth or draw attention to the trunk due to beating the inside of it with her little hands.

    I also believe Caylee woke up scared at some point and began to cry. This, in turn, made her nauseated at which time she vomited. With no way for the vomit to escape, she inhaled or aspirated the vomit, choked (drowned) and died.

    Just my 2 cents...

    I agree...well with everything but the chloroform part.

    I think the chloroform was used only as a cleaning agent to try and remove the smell/stain from the trunk. That being said a little part of me wonders (even though I hate to think it) that maybe there was blood involved also and from what Ive read on the net about chloroform it is used to clean up blood.....






    .....*`*. ☆ .*`*. ♥ .*`*. ☆ .*`*......
    ....●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ In Memory of Caylee Marie Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●....
    ........✿*`*. (`v) (`v) .*`*✿............
    ........ . . ✿*`*.(`v).*`*✿ . . ...........
    ..........♥♥.*. ☆ .*``..`*. ☆ .*.♥♥............. R.I.P Sweet Angel ♥ Forever Remembered & Never Forgotten ♥

  7. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,220
    I'm late coming here but I'm thinking the duct tape that was found inside anything in the bag (including over Caylee's mouth) will be argued by the defense that it probably could have come from transference from Caylee's body which was full of fibers from the A's home. So, fibers from the A's home, found on the mouth of Caylee could be negated. Those that tied the bag would be different. Those outside of the bag could not have been contaminated by her bodies relationship to the home environment and thus could be more important if they contained the fiber than those that were within.
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

  8. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Mi Perro Querido View Post
    IMO, KC was still seething with rage from the previous night's' fight with GA and CA. I think KC used the duct tape to silence Caylee the best she could, because she was probably killed right there in their own house, returning there with Caylee after GA left for work that Monday, June 16th. IMO, she did it in a fit of rage that had built up over some time, and it was probably quite violent. Most people don't think KC's capable of such violence because she's petite and attractive - don't be fooled by that.:Justice::
    I am with you on this one...............

  9. #183
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bunbury
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
    I am with you on this one...............
    Quite. After all Caylee is just a little "snothead" to KC. I think that comment in text to Rusciano is merely suggestive of what KC truly was as a mother or human being. Add seaches for choloro, neck breaking, and lost kids.

    It will turn out badly, but at least there is a known person who is in jail.


    KC's jaihouse reaction to news of discovery: red-faced anger / chagrin then collapse.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Psmith For This Useful Post:


  11. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    I'm late coming here but I'm thinking the duct tape that was found inside anything in the bag (including over Caylee's mouth) will be argued by the defense that it probably could have come from transference from Caylee's body which was full of fibers from the A's home. So, fibers from the A's home, found on the mouth of Caylee could be negated. Those that tied the bag would be different. Those outside of the bag could not have been contaminated by her bodies relationship to the home environment and thus could be more important if they contained the fiber than those that were within.
    Agree, but then equally, the absence of fibers and other trace evidence on the inside (other than those from the included Anthony home/fingerprints creates a problem.

  12. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    Posts
    646
    I don't know what the duct tape was used for but I wish that in lieu of the needle, KA would have her head wrapped in duct tape and suffer a slow miserable demise.

  13. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabcake23
    I voted that she used it to keep her quiet at the time of the killing, but you know, the fact that LE has torn the Anthony's home apart this weekend, including cutting up the mattress, carpeting and drywall lead me to believe that a violent murder occurred in the home.
    Is this true? I hadn't read or heard that. LE cut up the mattresses???? Wow, KC did something horrific to Caylee if this is true. Even more horrific than I thought before. JMO
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

  14. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    87

    Clues from the hair

    If the duct tape was applied to a live child and some hairs were pulled out in the process wouldn't those hairs NOT have the "deathband" of a post mortem hair? If it also had hairs that DID have the "deathband" hair I would think that could prove it was applied to a live child who died after the duct tape was in place.

  15. #188
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,388
    I think the duct tape was used to suffocate Caylee. If she wrapped it around twice it would cover the nose and mouth. Actually duct tape is pretty wide, on a child Caylee's size, one piece may have been enough to cover the nose and mouth, esp if the hands were bound also. Oh the thought of that.....the DP needs to be put back on the table!!! NOW!! JMO
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

  16. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by amyLynn View Post
    If the duct tape was applied to a live child and some hairs were pulled out in the process wouldn't those hairs NOT have the "deathband" of a post mortem hair? If it also had hairs that DID have the "deathband" hair I would think that could prove it was applied to a live child who died after the duct tape was in place.
    Hi amyLynn. IIRC, only hairs in a certain phase of growth would exhibit post-mortem banding. Some of the hairs would still have had a normal appearance early on. There are other chacteristics however, that could be present at the root end of the hair at this time--such as a brush-like appearance.

  17. #190
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    5,237
    I can't even begin to allow myself to figure out why she put duct tape on Caylee's mouth and around the her head. It sickens me. But woman kill their children. Susan Smith, watched her boys go into a river alive and drown. So I know they do it. There is NO REASON to have duct tape on a corpse. She may have chloroformed her, then taped her nose and mouth to make sure she died, I would like to think Caylee didn't suffer. When people die the bowels let go, this may have happened on the bed, so that would be why they took the mattress cuttings. But if that is true, how could CA and GA, not know something happened in that bedroom?

  18. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,506
    Quote Originally Posted by amyLynn View Post
    If the duct tape was applied to a live child and some hairs were pulled out in the process wouldn't those hairs NOT have the "deathband" of a post mortem hair? If it also had hairs that DID have the "deathband" hair I would think that could prove it was applied to a live child who died after the duct tape was in place.

    That is a very good question, amylynn. Welcome to the boards.

  19. #192
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,506
    I started this poll and voted "to stage a kidnapping", but I've changed my mind. If KC had the forethought to stage a kidnapping, she wouldn't have dumped the body so close to her house. She also would have bound the ankles and wrists, perhaps. I now believe she chloroformed Caylee, suffocated her, applied the tape to make sure she couldn't breathe if she was perhaps still alive, then the body dumping came a day or two later.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to natsound For This Useful Post:


  21. #193
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out there.
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by GenealogyKR View Post
    She wouldn't have to live with a Funeral Director. If she didn't dump the body until around the 24th, she would have been in a mess with the fluids by then. Just a thought.... she decided to wrap the area where it was coming from.
    I don't like to think about it, but wouldn't other parts of the body be leaking too? Not just the mouth?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to tiredofthis For This Useful Post:


  23. #194
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    353
    Here is an idea re: the duct tape around the mouth. There are reports that the body was double-bagged because the first bag broke. Say she bagged the body, taped it up, attempted to move it, and the bag broke. The tape easily could have ended up around the head if the bag broke in that area.

  24. #195
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    353
    Also, I don't think she staged a kidnapping at all. I don't think she came up with the Zanny-took-her story until her mom called the cops.

  25. #196
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,069
    There was a case that was kind of like this one, the girl wasn't as young as precious little Caylee, but her mothers boyfriend wrapped duct tape around the nose and mouth at least 3 times....she ultimately suffocated holding her moms hand.

    I won't link the story out if it just being seriously horrific but you can find it if you want by searching for the name Justina Morales murder.

    I hope and pray this isn't what happened here as that would be a horrible way to die. .
    Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to dimples37398 For This Useful Post:


  27. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    There is a photo of Caylee wearing the red jersey, crying, damp bangs on her forehead and stretching up her arms to the person taking the photo. The lighting indicates the photo is taken at night. Some speculated it looked like Caylee was standing in the trunk of the car. It looked a little grainy like it could have been a cell phone photo.

    The person taking the photo was not responding to take care of Caylee; just standing above her taking a photo.

    I keep wondering if that was the last photo of Caylee taken right before she was killed.
    I'm wondering the same thing. Breaks my heart, too, to think that Caylee may have been crying out for help and Casey sat there, ignoring her pleas, and proceeded to take a picture of her daughter's distress.

  28. #198
    I believe the chloroform and the duct tape were used solely to make it look like a kidnapping.

  29. #199
    Fandy's Avatar
    Fandy is offline Polite & Interested Newbie, if I don't ask, I'll never know!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    northeast coastline
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I voted "other" because I believe duct tape could be used for both reasons. To silence and speed along death while in the process of dying and to stage a kidnapping. Chloroform could have been used on an asleep child to knock her out and left over the nose, duct tape applied to prevent crying out, then smothering with a pillow over the duct tape. The most horrible scenario that could come to my mind though is being placed knocked out with chloroform and duct taped THEN placed into the plastic bag and into the trunk while still alive and dying from smothering.
    me too, this is one of the most horrible pieces of information that I keep speculating about...which is why I voted "other" also.
    Keeping the Litterbox Clean! (these are not my cats, they are generic~mine are much cuter)!

  30. #200
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoismom View Post
    I agree...well with everything but the chloroform part.

    I think the chloroform was used only as a cleaning agent to try and remove the smell/stain from the trunk. That being said a little part of me wonders (even though I hate to think it) that maybe there was blood involved also and from what Ive read on the net about chloroform it is used to clean up blood.....
    To think that chloroform was only used as a cleaning agent does nothing to address the computer searches that were done in May.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Duct tape???
    By Toltec in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 11:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •