Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 1145
  1. #676
    sharpar's Avatar
    sharpar is offline If dogs dont go to heaven I want to go where they are
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Home of the Alamo
    Posts
    1,282
    She said Georges sister was bi polar

    whatever KC is - it most certainly is not Bi polar .


  2. #677
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpar View Post
    Robert Hare who is the leading expert on psychopaths - says there are studies which
    show their brains are in fact different . The big question is are they different from birth or do they develop that way from the misuse by the wingnut ?

    The lowest common trait is lying the most destructive is Lack of empathy.
    If we as a society were going to try and tackle the problem - there would clear
    concise instruction for parents on instilling empathy . It has to developed
    at 3-5 years old . Kindergarten would be focusing on activities to instill it
    re enforce it and help it take hold.
    People without empathy turn into predators and the results arent pretty

    When my neighbor's daughter was 5 years old, they were warned that she carries several 'traits' that doctors find in serial killers.

    This little girl was 4 when we met and it didn't take long to discover she had serious issues. Constantly doing things that seemed accidental, that ended in injury to children younger than her.

    The first week of kindergarten she was suspended 2 times for hurting other children, on the 3rd incident she was expelled until they got her examined by a child psychologist. One child was bit, drawing blood cos the kid was first in line, and she wanted that spot, another kicked in the shin, the third was punched in the mouth also drawing blood.

    She is an absolutely gorgeous little girl, her nik name was Angel Face, from the time she was a tiny tot. And it was more fitting than on any child I had ever seen. She looked like a little angel but there is something missing in this child and unless they figure out how to "fix it" she is headed for heart break.

    Mom is bi polar, grandma is bi polar, it was a tough family to be born into. Due to circumstances beyond my control we no longer have any communication, so I don't know what she's like at 9. I pray they finally got her help.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    ~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~


    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11


    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always


  3. #678
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,481
    This is excellent, explains exactly, w more eloquence and far more authority, what I've tried to put into words! JMO

    "The fact that abnormal physical changes have been found in the brains of sociopaths does not mean that they were born this way. Things like not having a father during pre-adolescence or of being raised by non-loving parents or foster parents can cause a re-organization of brain functions and structural changes that are evident in adulthood.

    The lack of loving parents has been shown to have sociopathic consequences in primate studies. Further, these characteristics appear to be transmitted from one generation to another, as sociopaths lack the capacity to love their own offspring...

    Brain growth and changes can occur in the developing human because of environmental and social factors. The fact that abnormal physical changes have been found in the brains of sociopaths does not mean that they were born this way. Things like not having a father during pre-adolescence or of being raised by non-loving parents or foster parents can cause a re-organization of brain functions and structural changes that are evident in adulthood.

    The lack of loving parents has been shown to have sociopathic consequences in primate studies. Further, these characteristics appear to be transmitted from one generation to another, as sociopaths lack the capacity to love their own offspring.

    An estimated 3% of all adult males have this sociopathic disorder. (The antisocial personality disorder is uncommon among women.) Only a small fraction of this percentage actually develop into violent criminals. Most sociopathic individuals are able to control their disorder within the boundaries of social tolerability.

    They are considered only 'socially obnoxious' or hateful personalities, and every one of us knows of someone who fits the description. Corrupt and callous politicians, social or career fast climbers, authoritarian leaders, abusing and aggressive persons, etc., are among them


    ...What should be done?

    We need to address this problem from many sides. Poverty, although a contributing factor in "loveless" childhoods, is not the primary factor. Many loving and moral people come from impoverished environments. Many times, this environment contributes to an individual's character. The main problem seems to be in the process of parenting itself.

    We teach many things in our schools: carpentry, housekeeping and cooking, computer skills... These are all great for future employment. But what do we teach about being a good parent? Perhaps a mandatory curriculum in our schools should include exposure to the benefits of loving and caring parental skills. This type of exposure to "parental psychology" might prevent future sociopaths and it also might alter budding sociopaths before their neurological hardware becomes hardwired for a life of emotionless pain.


    ~Dr. K. Dillard


    http://www.viewzone.com/sociopath.html
    Last edited by kiki the parrot; 01-11-2009 at 08:43 PM.


  4. #679
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,481
    Quote Originally Posted by icherish View Post
    You can disagree with my opinion, but please don't twist my words. I never claimed a "diagnosed history" of genetic disorder in this family was "fact". What I said was George related that his sister has a history of mental/behavioral issues...we heard him say it on the tapes, so him saying as much is a fact. I have merely stated that George's revelation *suggests* (not substantiates) that there is possibly a genetic component to psych issues in this family.

    Just wanted to clear things up. And as always, it's only my opinion. I repect that yours is different from mine, and I have no interest in splitting hairs about it.
    Not twisting at all, only emphasizing the denial within families and the tendency on the part of many parents to blameshift thereby avoid taking responsibility (a pattern we've clearly seen demonstrated in this particular family). And offering what I believe is a more credible explanation for all the obvious dysfunction we've observed or heard described in the KC and A family--the very unhealthy patterns which are learned and passed on down through generations. JMHUO


  5. #680
    kageykaren's Avatar
    kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the <3 is...
    Posts
    2,157
    Could this be KC? Do not click on but google www.survivorskc.com I found this when researching from the rumor thread. Any of our computer people here to asess the website? There are sidebars about child abuse that you can click on but the site has not been finished. Be easy on me, I had to read alot of disgusting information to find this site. If this is nothing no thrashing please!


  6. #681
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,701
    Quote Originally Posted by kageykaren View Post
    Could this be KC? Do not click on but google www.survivorskc.com I found this when researching from the rumor thread. Any of our computer people here to asess the website? There are sidebars about child abuse that you can click on but the site has not been finished. Be easy on me, I had to read alot of disgusting information to find this site. If this is nothing no thrashing please!
    Karen, I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you suggesting Casey set up the site, that she is a member of the site, or that she should be a member?


  7. #682
    kageykaren's Avatar
    kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the <3 is...
    Posts
    2,157
    I thought at first KC was setting up a website while pregnant or shortley after giving birth. On the rumore thread a poster found this wasn't the KC we refer to but a woman in another state. So my post isn't correct. Mistakes while sluething.


  8. #683
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by static View Post
    really good info on the sociopath
    http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
    Thanks for sharing the link.


  9. #684
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    750
    If Casey is a sociopath, and like all of you say, sociopathy is passed down from generation to generation. Wouldn't Caylee end up growing up to be a sociopath?
    "I left work around 5pm, and went back to the apartment to pick up my daughter. However, after reaching the apartment, I realized that niether Zenaida, Caylee, or either of her two roomates were home."
    -Casey Anthony.


  10. #685
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    750
    If Casey is a sociopath, and like all of you say, sociopathy is passed down from generation to generation. Wouldn't Caylee end up growing up to be a sociopath?
    "I left work around 5pm, and went back to the apartment to pick up my daughter. However, after reaching the apartment, I realized that niether Zenaida, Caylee, or either of her two roomates were home."
    -Casey Anthony.


  11. #686
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavanda Dolce View Post

    Again, I need to interject...from a standpoint of the use of the word "empathy". To state "people without empathy turn into predators is absolutely not true and unfounded." This word has been exploited to the hilt and gives a wrong impression when used such as stated above. Can you imagine if you should learn that your neighbor has an teen without empathy as they may have Aspergers and the entire neighborhood fears that she will turn into a predator?

    And yes, this is from a personal standpoint. I've written about this over and again. One of my purposes in this thread, after discovering how much the word is being used, was to help keep the posters educated on the proper usage of the word as to alleviate misconceptions of those who lack or do not have empathy in sentences such as above. Apparently my goal is failing. Let me clarify. Not all people who lack empathy are going to be sociopathic, destructive, or a Casey Anthony.

    Remember, there are those who are born without the ability to empathize (such as those with autism spectrum disorders) and it is unfair to state they will turn into predators. Nor, in my opinion, is the most destructive "is the lack of empathy".

    In my personal opinion the most destructive are those who lack conscience, moral goodness and self control.

    This is a pretty good article that basically asks the question: Why do autistics have a sense of morality while psychopaths do not, given that they both display a deficit of empathy? (ASD=autism spectrum disorder)http://fvignemont.googlepages.com/Au...ty_Empathy.doc.
    I have never thought of children with ASD as being without empathy. Many times their emotions are buried very deeply but that doesn't mean they are not there. What they know/feel, and what they display to the world may be two different things, but this doesn't mean they are lacking. Any ASD is so far from my understanding as someone like KC we could almost call them opposites. I never consciously considered KC and others like her as only lacking empathy, as I believe she also enjoys the suffering of others. This doesn't sound like any form of autism or Asperger's I know of.

    Please forgive my ignorance on the subject, but how often are people with autism involved in the types of crimes only a sociopath could commit? Will someone with autism look you in the eye and freeze your very soul with what lurks in theirs? In all honesty the amount of time I have spent around people at the severe end of ASD is limited. But the time that I have spent usually left me feeling sad that there isn't more being done to help cure or prevent this and never once did I ever feel fear for my safety or anyone else's.

    Thank you for educating us, it's funny how our calling can be dropped in our lap when we least expect it.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    ~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~


    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11


    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always


  12. #687
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Mind student View Post
    Denial...When something splits your world into pieces and what you lived and believed is not reality. Just like the body goes into to shock in major trauma, so does the mind shut down the facts. The feeling of helplessness compounds the inability to believe or remember what happened. ( An expample is many accident victims or soldiers from war,
    do not recall the event at all...even without physical injury.)

    Mind Student
    IMO it's more like they dissasociate themselves from the truth. they know what it is.. but don't want it to be.. so they make it go away.


  13. #688
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by missmybaby View Post
    When my neighbor's daughter was 5 years old, they were warned that she carries several 'traits' that doctors find in serial killers.

    This little girl was 4 when we met and it didn't take long to discover she had serious issues. Constantly doing things that seemed accidental, that ended in injury to children younger than her.

    The first week of kindergarten she was suspended 2 times for hurting other children, on the 3rd incident she was expelled until they got her examined by a child psychologist. One child was bit, drawing blood cos the kid was first in line, and she wanted that spot, another kicked in the shin, the third was punched in the mouth also drawing blood.

    She is an absolutely gorgeous little girl, her nik name was Angel Face, from the time she was a tiny tot. And it was more fitting than on any child I had ever seen. She looked like a little angel but there is something missing in this child and unless they figure out how to "fix it" she is headed for heart break.

    Mom is bi polar, grandma is bi polar, it was a tough family to be born into. Due to circumstances beyond my control we no longer have any communication, so I don't know what she's like at 9. I pray they finally got her help.
    But then you have the people who choose to DO something about it, to stop the cycle. The majority of my family members are/were just riddled with mental illness & addiction issues. And ya'll get the basic "idea" of my issues.. My son has been diagnosed with Bipolar (as well as a couple of co-morbid disorders & Tourettes syndrome) and is certainly more at "risk" of screwing up because of those dx's. By the time I was my sons age I was 3 years into a prescription drug addiction, black out drinking on weekends, "dating" grown men, getting suspended from school, getting into physical altercations, blah blah.

    But he is a completely different kid than I was, and we have the same illnesses, the same tendencies. I firmly believe it is because he has been held accountable for his actions since the day his actions became his own. Because I haven't run around fixing everything for him, rescuing and enabling him. I am consistant in my love for him, I don't depend on him for my emotional well being. I allow him to be who he is, to express himself and to be independent from me. I have taught him about personal responsiblility & I have taught him how to use the stove & washing machine. I don't let him manipulate me.. I don't expect him to live his life to please me . I respect him but I expect him to respect me too. And it works because we both give each another reasons to.

    A parents job is to RAISE their children.. not to make them dependent on you. I get that illnesses are genetic (I had my tubes tied when I was diagnosed with Bipolar for that very reason!) but I also get that how a person is raised has a huge impact on the person they become.

    mo


  14. #689
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    But then you have the people who choose to DO something about it, to stop the cycle. The majority of my family members are/were just riddled with mental illness & addiction issues. And ya'll get the basic "idea" of my issues.. My son has been diagnosed with Bipolar (as well as a couple of co-morbid disorders & Tourettes syndrome) and is certainly more at "risk" of screwing up because of those dx's. By the time I was my sons age I was 3 years into a prescription drug addiction, black out drinking on weekends, "dating" grown men, getting suspended from school, getting into physical altercations, blah blah.

    But he is a completely different kid than I was, and we have the same illnesses, the same tendencies. I firmly believe it is because he has been held accountable for his actions since the day his actions became his own. Because I haven't run around fixing everything for him, rescuing and enabling him. I am consistant in my love for him, I don't depend on him for my emotional well being. I allow him to be who he is, to express himself and to be independent from me. I have taught him about personal responsiblility & I have taught him how to use the stove & washing machine. I don't let him manipulate me.. I don't expect him to live his life to please me . I respect him but I expect him to respect me too. And it works because we both give each another reasons to.

    A parents job is to RAISE their children.. not to make them dependent on you. I get that illnesses are genetic (I had my tubes tied when I was diagnosed with Bipolar for that very reason!) but I also get that how a person is raised has a huge impact on the person they become.

    mo
    I think you are very right in what you're saying and how you're raising your son. I'm sure he'll thank you for it, if he hasn't already.

    It stands to reason that if a person with no history of mental illness can be pushed into the abyss by circumstance, another person with family history or known tendencies can be kept mentally healthy by a stable environment, good role models and loving guidance.

    Not to excuse the adults in your life when you were growing up, but there is so much more known and understood about mental illness now, than even 20 years ago. Medications that are now available keep people functioning and living a productive life. People who who would have spent their entire life screaming about voices only they could hear warehoused, with other people screaming about demons only they could see. Hopefully a time in our history that will never be repeated.

    BTW you can't drown, your friends here will keep you afloat.
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    ~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~


    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11


    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always


  15. #690
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    4,481
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    But then you have the people who choose to DO something about it, to stop the cycle. The majority of my family members are/were just riddled with mental illness & addiction issues. And ya'll get the basic "idea" of my issues.. My son has been diagnosed with Bipolar (as well as a couple of co-morbid disorders & Tourettes syndrome) and is certainly more at "risk" of screwing up because of those dx's. By the time I was my sons age I was 3 years into a prescription drug addiction, black out drinking on weekends, "dating" grown men, getting suspended from school, getting into physical altercations, blah blah.

    But he is a completely different kid than I was, and we have the same illnesses, the same tendencies. I firmly believe it is because he has been held accountable for his actions since the day his actions became his own. Because I haven't run around fixing everything for him, rescuing and enabling him. I am consistant in my love for him, I don't depend on him for my emotional well being. I allow him to be who he is, to express himself and to be independent from me. I have taught him about personal responsiblility & I have taught him how to use the stove & washing machine. I don't let him manipulate me.. I don't expect him to live his life to please me . I respect him but I expect him to respect me too. And it works because we both give each another reasons to.

    A parents job is to RAISE their children.. not to make them dependent on you. I get that illnesses are genetic (I had my tubes tied when I was diagnosed with Bipolar for that very reason!) but I also get that how a person is raised has a huge impact on the person they become.
    What One said!!! Wow u go girl, powerful post. I am very grateful to you for sharing, you are doing so many right things! JMO





Page 46 of 77 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2
    By SusieClue in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 603
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 05:27 PM
  2. Casey & Family Psychological Profile #1
    By future criminologist in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 786
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
  3. Karr's psychological profile on Wendy Hutchen's site...OMG!
    By southerngirl in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 12:03 AM
  4. Darlie's Psychological Profile
    By Kaly in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 08:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •