638 users online (76 members and 562 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medical Examiner at crime scene - Dec 16

Why would they return and what could this mean?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5946647.story

Isn't today the 15th?

Anyway they have said they have expended the crime scene and search area. They have been finding small bones and remains scattered in a wider area, so they are doing a broader search and sifting the soil, much like an archaelogical dig. LE now anticipates to be there another 2 or 3 days.

So Dr. Lee may be standing out in the street awile yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabcake23 View Post
    I read on I think it was the Orlando Sentinel's site that just over 2 dozen bones were recovered thus far. So most of the remains are still there at the site.
    Thanks-that was absolutely my guess as well....got a whole lot of bones even in that tiny body.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Thanks-that was absolutely my guess as well....got a whole lot of bones even in that tiny body.
    Lots of underbrush there. I know they took buckets of soil from there and sifted, but you're looking at needles in a haystack. I understand that the bag the remains are in opened at one point, while under water.

I also read somewhere that a baby has 300 bones, an adult has 206. They fuse together in childhood, so she's got many bones still left out there. That poor sweet thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemaster View Post
    Why would they return and what could this mean?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5946647.story

I would guess that they are looking for more bones. Probably little tiny ones.
    They probably want to find as many bones as they can to make up a whole body.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    270 - 300 bones for a toddler
    Last edited by kh1967; 12-15-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo

They removed some bushes.....TM said the bag was wedged up under some bushes
    IMO

Why would the ME need to come BACK though? She is not a forensic anthropologist, she is a forensic pathologist!

IMO, she needs to identify something else - another body perhaps? A fetus? Who else is missing? OMGosh!

I am very impressed that LE, OCSO, FBI, SA's office, and the ME are doing such a thorough job!
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cocoamom View Post
    Why would the ME need to come BACK though? She is not a forensic anthropologist, she is a forensic pathologist!

IMO, she needs to identify something else - another body perhaps? A fetus? Who else is missing? OMGosh!

It could be as simple as asking her if bones are human vs animal. ??
    I am also very curious why she came back!
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

The ME is the one who has to remove the remains from the area..She was called out and removed the original remains, and I would say she has been back and forth all weekend removing any furthur remains that are located.
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    They removed some bushes.....TM said the bag was wedged up under some bushes
    I just saw them dragging and carrying some palmetto bushes to the ME office (I'm guessing that is where its going) Sad to think that she may have been fertilizer for that bush.

I once buried my cat, after she died of course, way in the back away from the house... it was about an acre from the house. My dog dug up the grave, which was deep, and dropped the cat back off at our back door. I came out the back door the next morning and screamed... my husband came to see what was going on and we both stared at each other. I asked him if he was positive our cat was dead .... he acutally doubted himself for a moment.

We didn't know what to think because we first put her in a shoe box, then we wrapped box in a garbage bag just like the one Casey used, then we dug what we thought was a deep hole. We went to the grave to figure out how our cat got out of her grave and saw where our dog had dug the hole and pulled the cat back up... he took her out of the bag and out of the box. It really spooked us for a few minutes. The dog wasn't fond of the cat so we guess it was a message to us .

Thank goodness we found the our cat before the kids discovered her. They would have needed therapy or something.

So its possible she may have done more to secure Caylee's burial sit but an animal came along and got curious. It would be fitting if it was her own pets but they don't look like they get outside much.

lol
    Zanny is missing

I've been crying reading all these posts about bones, skull, flesh, etc. .. NOT our little Caylee! UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by BonKai View Post
    I am very impressed that LE, OCSO, FBI, SA's office, and the ME are doing such a thorough job!
    Me too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast