Emergency Hearing 12/16/08 UPDATE: Motions Denied

STEADFAST

Reaction score
Just heard a teaser on MSNBC that the judge in the Casey Anthony case has called an emergency hearing for this afternoon. Anybody know what that is all about?

Just heard a teaser on MSNBC that the judge in the Casey Anthony case has called an emergency hearing for this afternoon. Anybody know what that is all about?

No, but keep us posted on any news about it. TIA! :cool:

Angel Who Cares just posted this in the Daily Updates thread:

"An emergency hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. in the Casey Anthony case over defense motions for a second autopsy and for officials to turn over photos and videos taken at the scene where a child's bones were found. News 13 will carry the hearing live.

Reported on CFNEWS13!"

I just read on the daily updates that it has to do with the defense and thier demands for crime scene photo, second Autopsy etc

PLEASE keep the chit chat off this thread and report information to those of that are at work and cannot get information readily.
THANK YOU!! :blowkiss:

JB jumping the gun again, The body has not even been positivly IDed

"The hearing was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon after Anthony's defense team filed several new motions, calling for the prosecution to turn over photographs, video recordings and drawings taken at the scene where the remains of a small child were discovered Thursday."

and

"The defense has also asked for a second autopsy on the skull found among the remains."

because

"Baez said he wants his own experts to examine the remains, and fears the FBI could destroy that evidence after the remains are identified."

when:

"The hearings are scheduled to be heard in front of Judge Stan Strickland at 2 p.m. Tuesday. Watch the hearing LIVE on News 13."

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/12/16/is_it_caylee.html

jb mentioned the possiblity of this over the weekend in one of his many pressers.....

(sorry jb I'm trying to to add---just contribute something--been waiting for this every since that comment made):blowkiss:

They are still investigating the scene, so how could they turn photos, videos, etc. over to the defense yet? They are still using them.
Didn't Judge Strickland tell JB to basically wait his turn at the last emergency hearing?? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Isn't turning over evidence to the defense part of the discovery process anyway?

They are still investigating the scene, so how could they turn photos, videos, etc. over to the defense yet? They are still using them.
Didn't Judge Strickland tell JB to basically wait his turn at the last emergency hearing?? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Exactly. They aren't done at the scene yet. Jeez! Back off Jose.

Should be interesting! Perhaps the judge is a little miffed that the Defense showed up at the crime scene the other night. I saw on the news that H Lee had a camera that day taking pics in the direction of the investigators.

Angel Who Cares just posted this in the Daily Updates thread:

"An emergency hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. in the Casey Anthony case over defense motions for a second autopsy and for officials to turn over photos and videos taken at the scene where a child's bones were found. News 13 will carry the hearing live.

Reported on CFNEWS13!"

Does that mean that the remains have been positively identified?
Or is JB just wasting more of the court's time? :mad:

That's what I remember too...

imo - its wasting more of the courts time.

he has already been denied this access until LE & FBI are done...

i would assume the same will be said today.

I'm sure they will get access to crime scene photos and be granted the option to do a second autopsy - after LE is finished.

They already have full access to the Anthony home. For all intents and purposes, that was the crime scene.

I am not a lawyer, but I cannot see how the motions would be granted before a positive identification has been made. JMO

Huge waste of tax payers money again.

I think Baez will once again get a "spanking" from the judge.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back