Fingerprints and gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperDoll

When I'm Silent, I make the most sense
Reaction score
I just had to start a thread, I wanted to see my name in lights :crazy: hehe

Ok, mods please feel free to do what you want with this thread because I know there are sooo many out there regarding this case. What I want to know is, do you guys think Casey wore gloves when committing this crime? I would think she would have.. I know George and Cindy had their fingerprints taken, but what will that really prove? Their finger prints are probably all over the house, car, etc... Caseys as well, however, if her finger prints are on the duct tape?? :behindbar

Thoughts????

I just had to start a thread, I wanted to see my name in lights :crazy: hehe

Ok, mods please feel free to do what you want with this thread because I know there are sooo many out there regarding this case. What I want to know is, do you guys think Casey wore gloves when committing this crime? I would think she would have.. I know George and Cindy had their fingerprints taken, but what will that really prove? Their finger prints are probably all over the house, car, etc... Caseys as well, however, if her finger prints are on the duct tape?? :behindbar

Thoughts????

my thought is gloves for anything 'messy', but when it comes to duct tape.........I think it would be to hard to work with.......IMO

I don't know if you can duct tape a wiggly toddler's face shut while, while wearing gloves. I would think the tape would stick to the gloves.

I don't think she wore gloves. I think they will positively link KC to the scene of the discovery and to the harm her daughter suffered.

Salem

I don't think she wore gloves at all. While I believe she had been *thinking* about killing Caylee for some time, I believe the night of the 15th she just lost it and decided that was the night.

I don't think she wore gloves at all. While I believe she had been *thinking* about killing Caylee for some time, I believe the night of the 15th she just lost it and decided that was the night.

Agreed.

The night the remains were discovered, one of the talking heads made a point of saying that you can't handle duct tape with gloves on; it sticks to the gloves.

Don't know whether he's right or wrong, but that it what he said.

I don't think she wore gloves, if how she handled the car was any indication, I mean sloppy very sloppy....

I can't tell you why, just a gut feeling I have, I believe she didn't wear gloves. It goes along with my theory of what happened, but better not go off topic here and share it..LOL

don't think she even thought--I do think it was thought out but there are plenty of times I go outside to weed and forget until I touch a slug or snail then oppsie......

they have mentioned that duct tape can't be used with gloves..too sticky..but who knows!

I don't think she wore gloves. I think they will positively link KC to the scene of the discovery and to the harm her daughter suffered.

Salem

I originally hoped it was an accident. But the duct tape changed my opinion.

I now think she acted out of anger and maybe lost her temper and struck Caylee or choked her or something worse. I bet Casey never even thought about hiding something so mundane as fingerprints. I think she acted and later on started worrying about being tied to the body.

I hope they find LOTS of great evidence.

What is so mind boggling to me is, IMO, Casey killed her daughter so she can be FREE to party without Cayless being that "ball and chain" :furious:.. So, I would think, since I also believe this was premeditated, that she would have thought, just in case she got caught, that she would wear something so her fingerprints are not all over the "crime scene".. How could she even explain that one away?

Ok, I may have to test this gloves and duct tape to see if it really doesn't work.. I wonder if hubby would mind me testing it on him.. lol :waitasec: :behindbar

What is so mind boggling to me is, IMO, Casey killed her daughter so she can be FREE to party without Cayless being that "ball and chain" :furious:.. So, I would think, since I also believe this was premeditated, that she would have thought, just in case she got caught, that she would wear something so her fingerprints are not all over the "crime scene".. How could she even explain that one away?

don't know about you but did you think duct tape could retain prints as long as they have....along with everything else?????:waitasec:

The night the remains were discovered, one of the talking heads made a point of saying that you can't handle duct tape with gloves on; it sticks to the gloves.

I saw that too, Friday. IIRC, it was Dr. Barden.

I had to chuckle. You CAN handle duct tape w/ gloves on - I do it all the time. You just hafta know what you're doin' :).

Casey didn't know WTH she was doing, IMHO. I'm using her choice of a disposal site as a new baseline against which I'll compare any other decision she had to make. IMHO, she made no extra effort whatsoever to exclude forensic evidence from the remains and associated items.

I don't know if you can duct tape a wiggly toddler's face shut while, while wearing gloves. I would think the tape would stick to the gloves.

I did an experiment... put on latex gloves (like @ the drs office) and got a roll of duct tape... guess what??? it tore a hole in the finger of the glove and my print would have been on that tape.. or at least a partial...

Now dishwashing gloves are thicker.... I should try that to see...

If she wore gloves, fingerprints can be lifted from the INSIDE of the glove.

I can't see her doing this without gloves. Too messy. But, this is Casey we are talking about, so who knows.

don't know about you but did you think duct tape could retain prints as long as they have....along with everything else?????:waitasec:

Good point, Zoey, No I would not have thought that.. :waitasec:

Duct tape is really sticky. Gloves or bare skin, it matters not. So that's not going to be the issue.

Now, it would be more difficult to handle duct tape with gloves on. But it depends on what type of gloves. Something thin like latex or rubber gloves, forget about it. The gloves will get stuck and quickly tear. Also, something loose like winter gloves would not work either because they're too akward. But I bet I could handle duct tape just fine with a skin tight pair of leather gloves, which are frequently the gloves of choice for criminals (see the BTK serial killer, the Zodiac killer, or O.J. Simpson (allegedly) as examples).

Either way, I don't think the prosecution will really need a clean fingerprint from the duct tape to get a guilty verdict. Based on the fact that chargers were brought without a body, I have to believe they've got a fair amount of evidence. However, if they do get something really strong and can prove foul play, that might be the difference between life and the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie