1503 users online (249 members and 1254 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    82

    Defense defend evidence found?

    Do you think the defense will argue that "of course" stuff will be found in the location because KC has been known to party there with her friends. And that DNA will be found at the location because she's been going there for years, and has even taken Caylee there to show her where Mommy likes.

    And then ZFG dumps Caylee there as a "gotcha" to KC.

    KC reacted the way she did because it was the most meaningful and horrible place for ZFG to have taken her child.

    Not that I believe any of that, but it makes for a plausible explanation.

    (Mods, move this if you need to)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    You'd expect Casey's DNA to be on certain items, after all, Casey and Caylee lived under the same roof. And the defense may get away with saying that since Casey partied where the body was found, and maybe even took Caylee there before, you'd expect to find something that would connect back to Caylee and Casey.

    However,

    If there are fingerprints on the inside of the bag, or fingerprints on the inside of the duct tape, it's all over for Casey. There's no way that will be able to be explained away...but I would expect the defense to try. In fact, they're going to try and shoot down everything and if they don't, and she's convicted, it could be grounds for a new trial. So I expect a lot of whining and hissy-fit tossing to come from the defense "dream team." But be glad there doing this. Not a chance of Casey claiming ineffective counsel later on down the road. As annoying as the defense team is, they're doing their job. But they don't have to be truthful, nor back any of their allegations up with facts...which is something the State isn't allowed. The State will get to show their cards in court.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by ma2patrick View Post
    Do you think the defense will argue that "of course" stuff will be found in the location because KC has been known to party there with her friends. And that DNA will be found at the location because she's been going there for years, and has even taken Caylee there to show her where Mommy likes.

    And then ZFG dumps Caylee there as a "gotcha" to KC.

    KC reacted the way she did because it was the most meaningful and horrible place for ZFG to have taken her child.

    Not that I believe any of that, but it makes for a plausible explanation.

    (Mods, move this if you need to)
    stop giving the defense ideas!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,145
    I don't think Casey had been back to 'party' at that place since sometime in high school - that was over 5 years ago - anything Casey related would be long gone - whatever they find there now and it has Casey's DNA on it has to do with this crime nothing else

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches View Post
    You'd expect Casey's DNA to be on certain items, after all, Casey and Caylee lived under the same roof. And the defense may get away with saying that since Casey partied where the body was found, and maybe even took Caylee there before, you'd expect to find something that would connect back to Caylee and Casey.

    However,

    If there are fingerprints on the inside of the bag, or fingerprints on the inside of the duct tape, it's all over for Casey. There's no way that will be able to be explained away...but I would expect the defense to try. In fact, they're going to try and shoot down everything and if they don't, and she's convicted, it could be grounds for a new trial. So I expect a lot of whining and hissy-fit tossing to come from the defense "dream team." But be glad there doing this. Not a chance of Casey claiming ineffective counsel later on down the road. As annoying as the defense team is, they're doing their job. But they don't have to be truthful, nor back any of their allegations up with facts...which is something the State isn't allowed. The State will get to show their cards in court.
    I would think that given the fact that Casey said she talked to Caylee on
    the phone around the 15th of July they wouldn’t expect not to find
    too many of Casey, George, Cindy, dogs etc hairs or many fibers from the Anthony's house....

    I mean a month latter is really enough time for most of their hairs etc to be
    lost and they should be able to find more of "Zanny's" hair/ fibers...

    Wouldn't you think?

    My guess is the phantom phone call from Caylee is going to be a HUGE
    problem for Casey's defense!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,145
    Not only that phantom phone call but also the phantom phone calls from Zani - interesting that nothing shows up - no random or private numbers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    Posts
    644
    WOW, though Zanny was never seen by anyone KC is even remotely connected to, she knew so much about KC, including her treasured tramping grounds. Boy did Zanny get her back but good. But wait, why? Why would Zanny have such a grudge with Casey that she would kill her child? This person that no one ever met? KC had such a good relationship with her that she was aware of her hangouts?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by ma2patrick View Post
    Do you think the defense will argue that "of course" stuff will be found in the location because KC has been known to party there with her friends. And that DNA will be found at the location because she's been going there for years, and has even taken Caylee there to show her where Mommy likes.

    And then ZFG dumps Caylee there as a "gotcha" to KC.

    KC reacted the way she did because it was the most meaningful and horrible place for ZFG to have taken her child.

    Not that I believe any of that, but it makes for a plausible explanation.

    (Mods, move this if you need to)

    The location of the recovered body does not support a planned and deliberated murder. Nor does allegedly driving around with the body in the trunk of the car for days. Nor does the alleged double bagging of the body.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,691
    Yes, and KC was Zanny's main source of income according to one of KC's statements. So that would be harming the golden goose. Of course, at another moment, KC said the woman had lots of money. I guess it was hanging off her.

    KC also said at one time that maybe ZFG took Caylee to teach her a lesson. And at another time, talking to Lee, maybe she did it to teach Mom a lesson. Just senseless zig zag.
    Life takes a toll. Please have exact change ready.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,762
    Quote Originally Posted by trac View Post
    I don't think Casey had been back to 'party' at that place since sometime in high school - that was over 5 years ago - anything Casey related would be long gone - whatever they find there now and it has Casey's DNA on it has to do with this crime nothing else
    I think you are correct. I think kc took her there to that spot because it was a hiding place for her and her friends back when she was in school. It was a hiding place for her so maybe she thought it could be a hiding spot for her daughter.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,691
    Planning and deliberating is one thing. Premeditation is another. To think the thought ahead of performing the act and it can occur in a few seconds.

    Speaking of planning though, we know from the shrinks (& our own observations) that KC is less than poor, rotten at planning anything. She is contact dependent and only thinks about what is in front of her.
    Life takes a toll. Please have exact change ready.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    I would think that given the fact that Casey said she talked to Caylee on
    the phone around the 15th of July they wouldn’t expect not to find
    too many of Casey, George, Cindy, dogs etc hairs or many fibers from the Anthony's house....

    I mean a month latter is really enough time for most of their hairs etc to be
    lost and they should be able to find more of "Zanny's" hair/ fibers...

    Wouldn't you think?

    My guess is the phantom phone call from Caylee is going to be a HUGE
    problem for Casey's defense!
    Agree. Plus, they have to come up with Zanny's motive for killing Caylee.

    Who will they get to take the stand to testify that they ever saw Zanny, anyway?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuba View Post
    Planning and deliberating is one thing. Premeditation is another. To think the thought ahead of performing the act and it can occur in a few seconds.

    Speaking of planning though, we know from the shrinks (& our own observations) that KC is less than poor, rotten at planning anything. She is contact dependent and only thinks about what is in front of her.
    Planning and deliberation reflects intent (wilful). This represents the heart of a premeditated murder (murder one).

    The body's location, the alleged double bagging of the body and the allegation of the body spending days in the trunk of the car all work against a premeditated murder.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by suspicious1 View Post
    I think you are correct. I think kc took her there to that spot because it was a hiding place for her and her friends back when she was in school. It was a hiding place for her so maybe she thought it could be a hiding spot for her daughter.
    I just think it's a spot that she was familier with - whose to think looking close to home instead of all these places that were out of the way.

    The pings on her cell phone - interesting pattern - could be her driving around in Amy's, Tony's or her moms car - I don't know it can show a pattern, either she was scouting another place for the body thinking of moving it at a later date or she was just driving around to waste time because she said she was at work and we all know she wasn't.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
    The location of the recovered body does not support a planned and deliberated murder. Nor does allegedly driving around with the body in the trunk of the car for days. Nor does the alleged double bagging of the body.
    I agree with you on this. If the prosecution is going to prove premeditation, it will come through other evidence.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Defense finds something new in old evidence?
    By Aedrys in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 10:39 PM