Child named after Hitler is refused cake request

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Three-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell is cute, cuddly and, for now, blissfully unaware of the shock value conveyed by his first and middle names.

The youngster was at the center of a recent dispute between his parents and a local supermarket that refused to spell out his name on a cake for his birthday party last weekend.

snip

he Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--hitlercake1216dec16,0,4327904.story

Whackjobs

Snipped
"They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."

No but he's going to grow up being taunted and teased and PERHAPS become a bully himself from the hate thrown at him and all because why ? because of a NAME
There is a LOT in a name

And oh my god
The Campbells ultimately got their cake inscribed at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, according to Heath Campbell.

"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked

Bold is mine

That ONE sentence tells me all I need to know

have THEM come into my home... like they are some abominable thing

UGH this man REEKS of RACISM

Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.

He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically either. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

Again says a lot doesnt it :rolleyes:

Nuts! I feel sorry for the children. This guy should lead by an example instead of following himself in the path he was taught.

I live in South Carolina and I do not follow my uncle's footsteps at all. He is blathering racist and an idiot. He gets uninvited to nearly all family functions because of this. Hopefully my uncle will die soon and let him be the last generation that thinks as he does. I do not wish him dead but, his ending would be a celebration as another generation like his dies off.

EASTON, Pa. — The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance.
Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the nearby ShopRite, but also with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article about the cake.
Heath Campbell, who is 35, said in an interview Tuesday that people should look forward, not back, and accept change.
"They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,468250,00.html

Whackjobs

Snipped

No but he's going to grow up being taunted and teased and PERHAPS become a bully himself from the hate thrown at him and all because why ? because of a NAME
There is a LOT in a name

And oh my god

Bold is mine

That ONE sentence tells me all I need to know

have THEM come into my home... like they are some abominable thing

UGH this man REEKS of RACISM

Again says a lot doesnt it :rolleyes:
This guy's other child's name sure says a lot as well!

I have German ancestry too....but I'm not naming my children after Hitler!

I think these parents feel very insignificant and are using their children to draw attention to themselves. Naming their children as they did screams selfish.

My first thought when I read this story was I would bet that the mother asked for the name on the cake to read "Adolf Hitler" not just "Adolf". Who puts first and middle names on a cake anyway? They did for the shock value.

Shame on those parents, they are setting themselves and their children up for problems. I don't know about you guys but I try not to invite trouble into my life. There is enough to deal with already.

Totally cute little boy though....I feel sorry for him.

The parents have the right to name their kids whatever they want and the bakery has the right to refuse to make a cake using that name. And we all have the right to call these parents dumbasses. God bless the USA and all of the rights that it recognizes for all of its citizens (including dumbasses).

I think these parents feel very insignificant and are using their children to draw attention to themselves. Naming their children as they did screams selfish.

My first thought when I read this story was I would bet that the mother asked for the name on the cake to read "Adolf Hitler" not just "Adolf". Who puts first and middle names on a cake anyway? They did for the shock value.

Shame on those parents, they are setting themselves and their children up for problems. I don't know about you guys but I try not to invite trouble into my life. There is enough to deal with already.

Totally cute little boy though....I feel sorry for him.

I thought the same when I heard this colomom...why put the middle name on a birthday cake. If the child is smart,as he is growing he will keep his middle name a secret,or have it legally changed.
That being said,and this is my opinion only...it's just a name,I shake my head over it,and have to wonder why the parents would do this,but no really big deal.It's not hurting anyone but the kid.

In my job,I processed applications. You wouldn't believe the names people come up with. The one that stands out to me the most is one application had their childs' first name as swastika...can you believe it! Again,I have to shake my head.

The parents have the right to name their kids whatever they want and the bakery has the right to refuse to make a cake using that name. And we all have the right to call these parents dumbasses. God bless the USA and all of the rights that it recognizes for all of its citizens (including dumbasses).

I know they have the right to name their kids want they want..but it's still insane! And I agree, God Bless the USA and all it's rights :)

These parents are nothing but racists who are saddling their children with a legacy of hate... and that's sad.

Doogie's right tho - they have a right to name their children whatever they want and that bakery has a right to refuse service.

Parents may have the legal right to name their children whatever they want but they also have a moral obligation to not give the child a name that could potentially cause them pain. In this case probably a lot of teasing and possibly worse as he grows up.

I agree, he won't run into too many kids with the name Adolph Hitler. I think I feel as much sympathy for the sibling with the middle name Aryan Nation.

IMO, these parents have a screw loose.

The same bakery refused the family's request a few years ago to put a swastika on a birthday cake.

God bless those poor children.

Morons. Loving their "celebrity" status, I'm sure. Sheesh. Their kids will find them embarrassing and will petition the court for name changes, watch for it in the news in ten years or so :p

I agree, he won't run into too many kids with the name Adolph Hitler. I think I feel as much sympathy for the sibling with the middle name Aryan Nation.

IMO, these parents have a screw loose.

At least she doesn't have to let everyone know that she has a craptastic middle name.

When I read this, I couldn't help but remember how The Producer's camped up Hitler, saying his name was Adolf Elizabeth Hitler. LoL

Poor kid... what a craptastic name to get marked with. BUT, it's the parents rights to name the child as they wish... unfortunately it is the child that has to live with the consequences. Like I said: poor kid. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back