Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Child named after Hitler is refused cake request

http://blackpoliticalthought.blogspo...-siblings.html

adolph and his siblings were removed from there home. The father Denies the holocaust and has swastikas all over the home.

GOOD - teaching our children to hate IS ABUSE.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PattyCake For This Useful Post:

The parents of these children are obvious racists and having named their children the way they have, they did so to make a statement towards their beliefs. The thought of their own children, and what they would endure, were last to the racist/politcal stand they have themselves. Ultimate selfishness and abusive, imho. That said...

Unless there is true concern and proof that exists to remove these children, they will be returned to their parents. I hope they find some, but I doubt it. Freedom of Speech. They can be total pigs when it comes to racism, but it may not lead to a "true" legal reason to keep these children from their parents.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Unless there is true concern and proof that exists to remove these children, they will be returned to their parents. I hope they find some, but I doubt it. Freedom of Speech. They can be total pigs when it comes to racism, but it may not lead to a "true" legal reason to keep these children from their parents.
    I agree.

If the children are being abused and neglected, its one thing... but removing them over their names and parents views: kind of not the best idea.

To me, if there comes a day when the courts can dictate how a person names their child and restrict their ideology, then we (in the US) are all in big trouble. We may not like the racist ideology this family adheres to, and we may not like the childrens names... but the first amendment protects them... and when we start crapping on the constitution, we start crapping on our own freedoms.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

I do not believe that Freedom of Speech includes the right to teach your child or anyone else hatred or that criminal activity is acceptable. Naming your child after a mass murderer, and passing the ideology that goes with it, should be unacceptable and considered child abuse. In this day and age of terrorism, I believe it should be punishable to the parents who attempt to raise terrorists.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ebedeeb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I agree.

If the children are being abused and neglected, its one thing... but removing them over their names and parents views: kind of not the best idea.

To me, if there comes a day when the courts can dictate how a person names their child and restrict their ideology, then we (in the US) are all in big trouble. We may not like the racist ideology this family adheres to, and we may not like the childrens names... but the first amendment protects them... and when we start crapping on the constitution, we start crapping on our own freedoms.
    I respectfully disagree. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech and this type & level of speech, hatred and the actions it motivates some to take - even to the level of murder because of someone elses race or color - because of the hate they are taught by their parents is blatant abuse.

I hope those children never go back to these parents and make an example that while America is free and we can raise our children in a healthy happy non hatred environment, this should not be tolerated. people have been murdered in the name of Hitler and these parents were setting their children up for a lifetime of hate and continuing the 'tradition' for generations to come.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

The parents should have learned to bake cakes themselves, that way there would be no discrepancy over writing the icing on the cake.
    Very foolish parents. To name their kids those names, it puts the children in danger when they are older. Some people have no brains..

I agree.

While i agree with what Elphaba says, when the children are older, they will face a lot of discrimination, teasing, and possible violence due to their names and especially if they carry in their parents' footsteps.
    There are tons of children living with parents that are bigots of some sort or another.
    The parents made stupid decisions upon naming their children. I'm more concerned about what the children would grow up and have to endure due to what their names are.

In the link below,it is mentioned that the kids would not be removed from the house because of their name,so there had to be some type of abuse.They are not stating why they were removed. Doesn't surprise me at all.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...4/Hitler.Cake/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capps For This Useful Post:

Here's another article about the kids being removed from the home.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479904,00.html

I don't know if this article was posted but here is another one.

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/ne...al-407337.html
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    I don't know if this article was posted but here is another one.

"Campbell said the agency told him the children were taken because they were in "imminent danger," but he believed the removal was spurred by publicity surrounding the children's names.
    The family made headlines in December when a ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich, near the family's home in Holland Township, refused to decorate a birthday cake with their son's name.
    A Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania wound up decorating the cake, but the resulting publicity put the family under media scrutiny. Heath Campbell said he and his wife are staying with relatives because neighbors and others are harassing them.
    Police in Holland Township are investigating a mailed death threat that was received by a woman whose last name is Campbell but is not related the couple."

They could face potential danger due to their names, especially when they get older.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MeoW333 For This Useful Post:

I agree.

ITA. I will also state that those who want the freedoms of others taken away are the true enemies of democracy.

My opinion only

I'm going to have to disagree. A name is often the first impression you get from a person. If someone wanted to change his name to Adolph Hitler, that would be freedom of speech. But bestowing a name that speaks of racism and hatred onto a child, isn't that actually taking away their freedom of speech? That's your ideology, not your child's.

Other countries have naming laws; I've always thought the US could benefit from that.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. E For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. A name is often the first impression you get from a person. If someone wanted to change his name to Adolph Hitler, that would be freedom of speech. But bestowing a name that speaks of racism and hatred onto a child, isn't that actually taking away their freedom of speech? That's your ideology, not your child's.

Other countries have naming laws; I've always thought the US could benefit from that.
    Why should anyone have the right to decide what I can or cannot name my child?

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for
    people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    -- Noam Chomsky

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwatch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwatch View Post
    Why should anyone have the right to decide what I can or cannot name my child?

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for
    people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    -- Noam Chomsky
    I completely agree. No one would stand for naming laws here like other countries have. On the other hand, if a couple names their son after Hitler, they're asking for negative repercussions (most of which will be suffered by the child, not them.) Do you think people should be allowed to name their children, "Stupid" or "Butt Ugly"?

I suspect this boy will exercise his rights and change his name when he is old enough.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

I remember years ago (I was in junior high, so it was the early 80s) some family wanted to name their kid Scud. I think 99% of families take care when naming their babies, putting to mind that they will someday grow up to me contributing members of society. But to name a kid Adolph Hitler? Or Aryan Nation? That is not freedom of speech because you are putting another person's life and future into your hands. Do people think those names won't affect those kids' lives at school? When getting a job? Even when trying to date? It would be a cold, cold day before I'd allow any boy named Adolph Hitler to date my daughter.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. E For This Useful Post:

I read something last night (didn't save the link) that the parents of these kids claim they are being neglected in foster care. I wonder who called the welfare workers on the family and what exactly was the danger to the kids. The parents sound like wackos, but there must have been something for the kids to be taken away other than white supremist beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    I read something last night (didn't save the link) that the parents of these kids claim they are being neglected in foster care. I wonder who called the welfare workers on the family and what exactly was the danger to the kids. The parents sound like wackos, but there must have been something for the kids to be taken away other than white supremist beliefs.
    Whatever they were taken away for, it has been very hush-hush... DCF refuses to say and stands by a confidentiality stance. About the only thing I have heard is that DCF thought the kids were in imminent danger. Of what, no one has said. The parents are having to stay with family because since the kids were taken they have been getting harassed by neighbors and other people.

All of it is odd...

The parents have other complaints too:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/jim-...ed_hitler.html

"Deborah and Heath Campbell, the parents of young Adolf Hitler Campbell fighting to regain custody of him and his two younger sisters, may be about to launch a battle on another front.

Deborah Campbell says her husband was mistreated and disrespected by Raritan Township police when an officer stopped their car on Route 31 on their way to the Hunterdon County Justice Center on Jan. 13.

Police pulled over their car -- Heath Campbell was behind the wheel -- about an hour before the Campbells were to appear in family court regarding custody of the children, Deborah Campbell said.

The court proceeding came four days after New Jersey authorities removed the children from the family's Holland Township home.

Deborah Campbell says police referred to Heath as ''the Nazi guy," quizzed him about his tattoos (a swastika is included on his body art) and performed a field sobriety test, presumably after smelling alcohol in the car.

It was 10:20 in the morning."

There is more information at the link but this caught my eye:

"Deborah Campbell said it was her mother, not her husband, who was sauced. Mom was in the car and accompanying the Campbells to the hearing on the chance authorities would release the kids to her if not the parents, her daughter said.

"I think the one who should have gotten the test was my mother," Deborah Campbell told me earlier today. "She was going to go and try to get the children if we could not."

Okay I've not made comments about their choice of names for their children. I'm still not going to make one about their choice of names...

But does it strike anyone else as odd that the couple was pulled over, the female states it was her mother that was "sauced" not her husband. That her Mother should have been tested for alcohol....YET they were on their way for the Mother of the female to ask the court if she could have the children if they weren't returned to this couple?

Last edited by Kat; 02-01-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: had to bold that one statement it's a lu-lu
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Ok... rule number one: you don't take your liquored up momma to court to get custody of your kids. One sure fire way to make a negative impression and to show that you are putting your kids in harms way, is by putting a drunk woman before the judge and saying she should be allowed to have custody of your kids.

I can, by all means, see misdoings by a child welfare agency, by improperly taking kids away from their parents... it happens. But the parent's actions of wanting to take a "sauced" relative to get custody of their children does make it look like that the state has legitimate worries. As well, I have to say: they haven't gotten a lawyer yet. If that was my kids and I felt that the state had wrongly taken my kids away, I'd have gotten a lawyer pronto and started hitting every legal avenue out there to get them back.
    Last edited by Elphaba; 02-02-2009 at 06:05 AM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

What does the third kids name mean? Honszlynn? It doesn't even make any sense.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to anthrobones For This Useful Post:

Honszlynn: some are saying it's the misspelled name of a Nazi chief.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479904,00.html the children were removed by the home.

Well, the sisters are lucky because they can go by JoyceLynn and Jeannie, and nobody needs to know the ugliness of the rest of their names. Adolf Hitler, though, doesn't have much choice. I suppose he could be called Addie, except that's kind of feminine. How about Dolf?

Kids are crafty, though, about discovering other kids' middle names and exploiting them. I taught a kid whose middle name was Lazagna, and as much as he tried to hide it, the whole school knew. They were not kind about it, either.

Don't get me wrong because I would never name a child AF, but how is removing AH from his family going to change his name? Would child welfare go as far as requesting a name change? IMO this is frightening if a government could do this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast