Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Child named after Hitler is refused cake request

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    I think it's sad how they are naming their children.

But, why does the government have the right to take children because of a name?
    Why does the government get to tell us what we can and can not name our children???
    IMO that's a gross misuse of power.
    It had nothing to do with their names. Read below:

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    You're right...the gov't wouldn't take kids away just because of what their parents named them. I'd be willing to bet that there's more to the story on why they were taken away.
    You're right. From an earlier post of mine:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    That being said, thankfully, no matter how often these parents protest, this is not what this case is about. There may have been calls to CPS as a result of the names, but the children were taken due to the fact that their were allegations against their mentally ill parents, both of whom were abused as children and never treated, including intense domestic violence, keeping the kids strapped in car seats for long periods, inside the home, threats by the dad to kill the mother, fears expressed by the mother and conveyed to a neighbor that her husband was going to kill her or harm the kids, allowing the children access to only small parts of the home and allegations against the dad of domestic violence against exes, abuse of another child from an different woman, with a vacuum to the face, and teaching this other child how to kill, at age 3:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...rt-court-rules

http://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-can...ry?id=11334970

These allegations seem to be born out as little Adolph, at age 3, expressed a the desire to kill his siblings and uttered threats against his psychologist, saying he would kill her, etc.

I agree with whoever said that the names were merely a tip off that something was very wrong in that house.
    Quote Originally Posted by leanaí View Post
    I hope the father gets his children back.
    Given the above, why on earth would you hope that? This is a violent man who has apparently been abusive to his children.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Because I believe he truly loves his children and has changed and would change even more if it meant getting them back.

Sometimes people just need a little something like this to wake them up and make them see how wrong they were so they can change.
    Last edited by leanaí; 06-08-2012 at 10:03 PM.

I would love nothing more than to hear that he's changed for the better. There was an amazing story a while ago about an ex white supremacist that gave up his former life. I posted it in the News that makes you smile section. But judging from that short quote (I know, a risky thing to do) it doesn't sound like this one has changed. He started out putting all the blame for his problems with CPS on the Nazi names and he still thinks it's just a Nazi thing. But there are plenty of non-Nazi parents who have their children in foster care because they've been abusive, and many of them say their kids are their heart and soul too. Even Jerice Hunter said her children are her life.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by leanaí View Post
    Because I believe he truly loves his children and has changed and would change even more if it meant getting them back.

Sometimes people just need a little something like this to wake them up and make them see how wrong they were so they can change.
    I don't want it to appear that you're being picked on, but I'm curious what makes you think he's changed? This has been going on since 2008, (little Adolph was 3) he was given lots of opportunity to come around but he continues to blame CPS instead of addressing the true problems.

I think it's sad that the whole situation even happened, maybe if the couple had enough support way back when things would have ended differently, but I believe we owe it to the kids to protect them and not end up with a tragedy and CPS caught with their pants down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    I would love nothing more than to hear that he's changed for the better. There was an amazing story a while ago about an ex white supremacist that gave up his former life. I posted it in the News that makes you smile section. But judging from that short quote (I know, a risky thing to do) it doesn't sound like this one has changed. He started out putting all the blame for his problems with CPS on the Nazi names and he still thinks it's just a Nazi thing. But there are plenty of non-Nazi parents who have their children in foster care because they've been abusive, and many of them say their kids are their heart and soul too. Even Jerice Hunter said her children are her life.
    That was a truly inspiring story (the former white supremacist) someone who from all appearances was a lost cause.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by leophoenix View Post
    Nuts! I feel sorry for the children. This guy should lead by an example instead of following himself in the path he was taught.

I live in South Carolina and I do not follow my uncle's footsteps at all. He is blathering racist and an idiot. He gets uninvited to nearly all family functions because of this. Hopefully my uncle will die soon and let him be the last generation that thinks as he does. I do not wish him dead but, his ending would be a celebration as another generation like his dies off.
    This boy should change his name the minute he is able.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    I think naming kids something connected to genocide or what will lead them to years of ridicule and prejudice is emotionally abusive. However, I think we need to be very careful here with how we balance free speech rights in our country and the names given to children. If we allow the state to determine what names our kids can have, yes, the children of idiots will be protected but what is a good name is subjective and I would not want the state telling me what is a good name or not.

That being said, thankfully, no matter how often these parents protest, this is not what this case is about. There may have been calls to CPS as a result of the names, but the children were taken due to the fact that their were allegations against their mentally ill parents, both of whom were abused as children and never treated, including intense domestic violence, keeping the kids strapped in car seats for long periods, inside the home, threats by the dad to kill the mother, fears expressed by the mother and conveyed to a neighbor that her husband was going to kill her or harm the kids, allowing the children access to only small parts of the home and allegations against the dad of domestic violence against exes, abuse of another child from an different woman, with a vacuum to the face, and teaching this other child how to kill, at age 3:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...rt-court-rules

http://abcnews.go.com/US/parents-can...ry?id=11334970

These allegations seem to be born out as little Adolph, at age 3, expressed a the desire to kill his siblings and uttered threats against his psychologist, saying he would kill her, etc.

I agree with whoever said that the names were merely a tip off that something was very wrong in that house.
    Whatever is wrong with the parents is not going to create healthy children.
    In addition to name them with names that induce bad feeling is not a blessing for the kids.
    IMHO - this kids needed to be taken and hopefully renamed too, but if they are already abused kids it is sad very sad we know that abusers are often those who were abused. I really hope the kids get lots of help.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Heath Campbell, Adolf Hitler-Naming Dad, Dressed In Nazi Uniform To New Jersey Custody Hearing
    Posted: 06/04/2013 11:15 am EDT | Updated: 06/04/2013 4:43 pm EDT

Heath Campbell entered a New Jersey courthouse Monday dressed in a full Nazi uniform, donning a trimmed mustache reminiscent of Adolf Hitler -- the man he named his firstborn child after.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3383144.html

"These kids weren’t abused," he told The Star-Ledger after the 2012 decision, adding, "If I have to give up my Nazism, then so be it. I’ll do it."

However...

A month later, he created a new Nazi organization, "Hitler's Order," according to NBC10, and began wearing the uniform.
    It sounds like it's more about making a point about Nazism for him than about the children. JMO.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Heath Campbell, Adolf Hitler-Naming Dad, Dressed In Nazi Uniform To New Jersey Custody Hearing
    Posted: 06/04/2013 11:15 am EDT | Updated: 06/04/2013 4:43 pm EDT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3383144.html

However...

It sounds like it's more about making a point about Nazism for him than about the children. JMO.
    "If I have to give up my nazism, so be it"

Looks like he didn't really mean it. Call me uncaring but change those kid's middle names and put them up for adoption pronto. It's been five years and he has proven that he is not going to change. Maybe if he does finally change he can visit his children (With adoptive parental discretion, of course). But I don't honestly think he will change.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EmmaliLucia For This Useful Post:

if you seriously want custody of your kids and have a custody court hearing you avoid pulling stunts that will make people think you're off your rocker. JMO

He's got a swastika neck tattoo since 2009. Clearly he gave up nazism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...med-Adolf.html
    Last edited by Donjeta; 06-05-2013 at 11:49 AM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Geez...he tried to name their firstborn "Hitler"? Dear God......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bused-her.html

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post

Now there's a phrase ya never think you're going to hear in 2013.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Cathy Bowlby, who was married to white supremacist Heath Campbell for three years, revealed he tried to name their first-born Lucifer.
    But she 'talked him out of it' by suggesting that their son take their father's name instead.
    Lucifer, Adolf Hitler, Heath, same difference?

But Bowlby told the New York Daily News: 'He claimed that his mother was raped and he was the evil seed planted inside her.

'He believed he was the devil reborn to take over the world. He'd say, "I believe in the devil. I worship the devil. I am the devil."'
    Bowlby said one of his favorite activities was taking her on car rides to a local cemetery.

'To show me where he was going to bury me when he killed me,' she said.

She also claimed he terrorised their son, *****
    If half of that is true I don't wonder that the children were taken away, rather I wonder that he was allowed to keep them for so long.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2VpJiFo3W
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post

Looks like he didn't really mean it. Call me uncaring but change those kid's middle names and put them up for adoption pronto. It's been five years and he has proven that he is not going to change. Maybe if he does finally change he can visit his children (With adoptive parental discretion, of course). But I don't honestly think he will change.
    Nope, he didn't mean it. He's still saying that he lost his kids because of nazism - but guess what the latest child is called.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/weird-...2013_partners2

"I'm not allowed to have children because I’m a Nazi," Heath Campbell proclaimed.
    The 40 year old man has fathered nine children with five women but he doesn’t have custodial rights to any of them.
    Now Campbell wants custody of little Eva Braun, born in Pennsylvania in November of this year.
    And he's gonna proudly continue without learning anything:
    Campbell sticks to his claim that his kids were all taken from him because he’s a Nazi. "That’s what they’re saying,” he began. “Well, I'll stop making them when they stop taking them."

According to
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1561008
    the reason for removal was an issue with the mother.

But Zito’s court-appointed lawyer said Campbell’s demented views didn’t even come up during an early December custody hearing.

Child welfare workers took the baby because Zito’s firstborn is also in state custody.

“If there is an assumption the child is at risk, they can do that,” said lawyer Michael Connor.
    Allegedly Dad was too broke to come to see the child in hospital.

Had the child been a boy, his name would have been Rommel.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1376354
    Last edited by Donjeta; 01-04-2014 at 05:40 AM.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

I was kind of curious about this, and did a bit of investigation. Hitler is a real name and there are quite a few in the phone book, including two Adolf Hitlers.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Tugela For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    I was kind of curious about this, and did a bit of investigation. Hitler is a real name and there are quite a few in the phone book, including two Adolf Hitlers.
    Yes. I thought my family was odd for naming their children after presidents and famous actresses. Lol.

He has fathered 9 kids with 5 women and says he will "stop making them when they stop taking them." What a selfish, irresponsible pig.

Sorry… that just irks the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of me. He may think he is getting back at society for taking his kids by producing more, but in reality he is doing wrong by his kids. Having kid after kid without the means to properly care for them is IRRESPONSIBLE, regardless of what he names them. GAH!

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

I'm just wondering where the h*ll he finds these women?!

Seriously, would you even have sex with this guy, let alone a baby?
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hambirg For This Useful Post:

The mom of Eva was 22 years old and already had one child in state custody, so that probably explains a lot of it.

The mother of the three other Hitler named children lost custody as well. I *thought* I heard that Adolph has been adopted and his name changed, but I could be wrong.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StephanieH For This Useful Post:

New Jersey Nazi's lover is on the run from assault charges, police say

Deborah Campbell remained at large two days after a warrant was issued for her arrest. Holland Township cops said she assaulted her roommate, Bethanie Zito. Both women have had children with neo-Nazi Heath Campbell, whose son is named Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2v7x3Ldmi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234