1180 users online (257 members and 923 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Wasn't Caylee a brunette?

They keep stating that light hair was found attached to the tape or skull. In every photo I've seen of Caylee, I would definitely call her a brunette. This keeps nagging at me.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

Same here. As far as I know, hair doesn't lose color unless it's left out in the sun. Every time they say that I think it must be someone else.
    "I left work around 5pm, and went back to the apartment to pick up my daughter. However, after reaching the apartment, I realized that niether Zenaida, Caylee, or either of her two roomates were home."
    -Casey Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoslayer View Post
    Same here. As far as I know, hair doesn't lose color unless it's left out in the sun. Every time they say that I think it must be someone else.
    That's what keeps running through my mind......the possibility someone murdered a child about the same size and placed the body there hoping the world would think it was Caylee.
    YellowDog

I read somewhere, don't ask me where, that hair lightens post-mortem..I would also call Caylee a brunette, but some might call her dishwater blonde etc.

EDITED TO ADD...

Hair does get lighter after death though; this is due to oxidation of the melanin pigments.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/arts-hair/article_721.jsp
    Last edited by MD MOMMY; 12-17-2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: add link and information
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    That's what keeps running through my mind......the possibility someone murdered a child about the same size and placed the body there hoping the world would think it was Caylee.
    Or maybe even moved a dead body from a grave to trick the media.
    "I left work around 5pm, and went back to the apartment to pick up my daughter. However, after reaching the apartment, I realized that niether Zenaida, Caylee, or either of her two roomates were home."
    -Casey Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    I think they have already ID' her positively from the teeth. They were saying how they could tell fast from a photo of Caylee smiling if that was her. I also think they have the results back from the initial find of the skull by now. I wouldn't worry. JMO.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post
    I read somewhere, don't ask me where, that hair lightens post-mortem..I would also call Caylee a brunette, but some might call her dishwater blonde etc.

EDITED TO ADD...

Hair does get lighter after death though; this is due to oxidation of the melanin pigments.

Interesting, I've heard the opposite happen. (White hair go to dark blonde)
    -Casey Anthony.

I hadn't even thought of that yet, but that is a possibility. I just keep feeling like we haven't even begun to hear the depths of this tale yet.
    YellowDog

My daughter is a brunette, her hair was nearly black when she was born. But her hair lightens in the summer. This doesn't really translate in the photos that I have of her, but her hair gets very light brown and she was even called blonde by someone at one point (even though I have never thought it's gotten lighter than a light brown). I don't think it is strange to hear that they are referring to Caylee's hair as light....

Hmm, well in some of Casey's pic (that appear more recent) she has her hair dyed somewhat blonde.. maybe that is what "blonde hair" could be being referenced.. jmo

Interesting, I've heard the opposite happen. (White hair go to dark blonde)
    I've read of a mummy's hair changing color but over a period of years and years, not a few months.
    YellowDog

Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post

EDITED TO ADD...

And Caylee was out in the sun quite a lot. That would lighten her hair somewhat.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

The FBI has a tooth. I heard on Headline news today that Dr. G had sent a tooth and hair to Quantico. (probably other things as well) They can extract DNA from the pulp inside the tooth.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Doubtful someome planted a body there, they are saying they found evidence at the dumpsite that ties back to Caylees home, bedsheets, clothes maybee, who knows
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

Yes, brown hair will get lighter when in the sun, but every photo I've seen of her, the hair looks pretty dark and they keep stating "light" hair. And then I believe the sheriff said they hadn't determined the sex yet. It just makes me wonder.........
    YellowDog

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast