Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Thread #1

Continue here.

UPDATED ARTICLE 12-30-2008

Caylee Anthony story: WESH reports that George and Cindy Anthony won't help prosecution without immunity

<snipped>
But at 6 p.m. WESH-Channel 2 then turned to the Caylee Anthony saga. Bob Kealing reported that the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony says they will cooperate in daughter Casey's prosecution -- "only if their words aren't used against them."

Attorney Brad Conway told Kealing, "We've discussed immunity, and I won't put them in a room until I get it."

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...televisio.html

I may in the minority here but why not grant them immunity if it helps prosecute KC. They didn't kill Caylee and I don't think they significantly delayed the case against KC.
Once KC is behind bars for good, I don't the DA is going to file charges against two grieving grandparents.

I may in the minority here but why not grant them immunity if it helps prosecute KC. They didn't kill Caylee and I don't think they significantly delayed the case against KC.
Once KC is behind bars for good, I don't the DA is going to file charges against two grieving grandparents.

Grief and denial is not a free ticket for bad behavior and breaking the law.

Full immunity = Book & Motion picture deal/s

NO profiting from Caylee's death. Nobody stood FOR her through all of this and now NONE of them should profit FROM her demise.:furious:

I haven't read the entire thread but while scrolling through the last page to post my thoughts I read yours. It's exactly what I was thinking. The A's have never once thought of seeking immunity or coming clean with their statements to LE even though it must have been obvious to them that many felt they were lying and obstructing justice. Why now? Because something that was taken during the search or that they know was found with Caylee's remains will point directly to them. I think they know they are caught redhanded and there is no other way out except to be granted immunity. They never budged before when they had to have known that LE knew there were conflicting statements per the interviews. IMO, they didn't think obstruction could be proven before but now they do. I voted not to give them immunity and to charge them. That will at least stop the book and movie deals if they are convicted.

:clap:
Perfectly stated. Something was taken and they know they are in trouble because of it. They are not telling the truth for Caylee they are just doing it to save their own hides. :furious:

I think the A's deserve some kind of prosecution at this point (provided LE has the goods on them of course), because their own flesh and blood is dead, most likely at the hand of their daughter. They OWE Caylee. I am friends with a Mom who lost her daughter and we all believe the BF did it or knows who did it. And his parents are most likely aware of what he did, but have protected him for years. How do you live like that? It must eat a person alive. In this case LE has a chance to make a statement and say people who protect murderers will be prosecuted, family or not. I think it could send a message. JMHO of course.

If they did nothing wrong they wouldn't need immunity
Bad behavior should be seen for what it is, people can grieve without breaking the law!
People can love their children without breaking the law!

I would have a different opinion had they come forward with the truth months ago.
Caylee deserved honesty from her family.

If they did nothing wrong they wouldn't need immunity
Bad behavior should be seen for what it is, people can grieve without breaking the law!
People can love their children without breaking the law!

I would have a different opinion had they come forward with the truth months ago.
Caylee deserved honesty from her family.

:clap::clap::clap:

Right on!

I believe in the state of Florida's ability to nail KC to the death table if they want to. So....let the A's choke on their lies. Let them be prosecuted and jailed. BTW, is Lee mentioned in this anywhere?

Oh they definitly impeded the investigation! They had LE tied up for six months. LE had to respond to thousands of leads. They had to respond to calls at the Ant house 20 times. CA never listened to what LE said to do. CA destroyed evidence.She also deceived them with a wrong hairbrush. Never once did they encourage their adult-child to tell the truth. They called in a national search team and then berated the team for searching. They have wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars and will continue to do so, I might add.

They have spent six months parading and partaking from charities to search for an alive Caylee, when they knew she was deceased. They have hid receipts; they have refused to give search team items to use for a search. I am sure they have taken more than just pants and a knife from the car. They did not lead LE to the car when they first arrived at the house...despite the strong odor...they hid it from the officers..did not give it up till they had to.

They led the LE down the wrong path from the get-go by tellilng them kc was on a vacation with her child to "bond" with her. She was taking a mini-leave from work. They knew she didn't work. At the very beginning the LE needed the truth to know where to start to investigate and they would not give up any information on what they thought their DD really did. IN fact they only expressed and reinforced the "nanny did it" fiasco.

There were so many posts I didn't read all of them so forgive me if this has been said before. I find the use of the word conflicting very interesting in the A's attorney's statement. We all know CA and GA gave conflicting statements to LE making CA look especially bad. JMO but now they have had 6 months and countless letters to and from KC via JB to have their stories non conflicting anymore. Again, sorry if this has been mentioned before.

How about limited immunity. As long as they have done nothing to physically interfere with the investigation since they realized Caylee was missing.

Obviously they knew something bad had been in the car, but they had no way of knowing it was Caylee prior to KC admitting Caylee was missing around 10pm.

To an extent their desire to protect their daughter and to believe Caylee was alive was completely justifiable right up until the FBI results became available mid August. Then instead of siding with the sheriff they choose denial.

Any mis-truths they told the public or the media don't count, it's what they have said to LE or under oath that they will be held accountable for. As long as they haven't had anything to do with Caylee's demise or her where abouts for the last 6 mos or anything that was tied to her demise or her where abouts, I tend to be merciful to them because honestly what can LE do that will have any greater effect on them what KC did when she killed their grandbaby.

Of course if they in any shape or form have given KC any physical help at any time all bets are off.

I believe that LE has more than ample evidence to send Casey away for a long time, even hand down the Death Penalty. I really can't fathom that anything that the Anthony's have to say would be worth immunity at this point. Certainly they weren't worried about it before the body was found, which sends up a red flag.

I can empathize with them in that their granddaughter is dead and daughter is in jail. However, that doesn't excuse them from hindering an investigation with their willful acts of commission or omission. I understand that it's easy to sit in judgement when it's not your own family, but I honestly can't think of any circumstance where I would be willing to lie for a murderer, even if it was my own flesh and blood.

Cindy is likely to be the most worried between her and GA, simply because if she fails to report any sort of child abuse, or if she has failed to report certain actions in this murder investigation (which can now be proven with forensic evidence), she can be stripped of her RN licensure. At the very least, the Board of Nursing for FL is probably watching this situation closely. I'm quite certain she knows this, which is why this is self-preservation time for her as well. Immunity would, I'm guessing, get her off the hook as well as keep the door open for any book or movie deals in the future. I truly hope the state doesn't consider this a serious option.

I believe in the state of Florida's ability to nail KC to the death table if they want to. So....let the A's choke on their lies. Let them be prosecuted and jailed. BTW, is Lee mentioned in this anywhere?

motherducky I know that LE had to serve LA with a subpoena (again) in order to get his fingerprints, which IMO seals it for me in terms of him being involved, but I'm curious if he has an attorney. I wouldn't think that CA & GA's attorney could represent him as well...?

There were so many posts I didn't read all of them so forgive me if this has been said before. I find the word conflicting very interesting. We all know CA and GA gave conflicting statements to LE making CA look especially bad. JMO but now they have had 6 months and countless letters to and from KC via JB to have their stories not conflicting anymore. Again, sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I don't know if it has been mentioned previously buckeyefan but imo you make a very good point.

NO profiting from Caylee's death. Nobody stood FOR her through all of this and now NONE of them should profit FROM her demise.:furious:

:clap:
Perfectly stated. Something was taken and they know they are in trouble because of it. They are not telling the truth for Caylee they are just doing it to save their own hides. :furious:

Oh yeah protect the gravy train ... this family IMO is all about the
money That is what matters They need the book / movie deals !

There were so many posts I didn't read all of them so forgive me if this has been said before. I find the use of the word conflicting very interesting in the A's attorney's statement. We all know CA and GA gave conflicting statements to LE making CA look especially bad. JMO but now they have had 6 months and countless letters to and from KC via JB to have their stories non conflicting anymore. Again, sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I am so innocent that never even crossed my mind :( I bet you are right.

Does anyone think Cindy & George might want immunity because they're afraid Casey will try to pin the murder on them if they assist LE?

As much as I grieve for these grandparents, unless they have some truly good immunity worthy information like a video-tape or a confession, I agree with those who feel this is about being able to continue to profit.

Does anyone think Cindy & George might want immunity because they're afraid Casey will try to pin the murder on them if they assist LE?

Nancy, I have thought about that a lot. However, if they did nothing wrong, then telling the truth against Casey's lies would have been a lot more helpful in getting at the truth. I mean, it isn't as though Casey established an avenue of trust with LE. George and Cindy were aware of the BS Casey gave LE. That's what their initial SWORN interviews were all about...pulling apart Casey's story to try to get to the truth. What did we see, however? In two weeks, when Cindy met with the FBI, she'd constructed a 3-inch binder with notes about how Casey's story makes sense and here are the people you should be looking at and this is where you should be looking and here are the stories that Casey told about Zanny.

I never once heard Cindy say "I dislike the lies my daughter has told. She's spun this out of proportion and I just can't make any sense of it." No. Cindy took up where Casey left off and demanded that LE do their investigation HER way. Chilly will say that it did not impede LE from doing their job, and to a point, I agree.

Conflicting statements is small potatoes when thinking of immunity. If between statements, someone's story changes, it's most often because more information is available than before and so certain things will have changed. So what are the demonstrable conflicts? What the Anthony's said in the press, as someone astutely said, is not "under oath."

On the stand, Cindy made this statement "There is no evidence." Well, she's not LE and she hasn't been trained in LE to discern what evidence there might be. But add to that the washing of pants, the removing items from the vehicle, fabreezing the odor in the vehicle to get rid of it, and suddenly her conflicting statement isn't that "there is no evidence" but that "I have gotten rid of evidence." I have a problem with that.

George in both his OCSO and FBI interviews went into painful depth about the decomp smell in his daughter's car. He discussed the horrid stench on the way TO the car in the tow yard, discussed the putrification he smelled when he opened the driver's door. He describes the incredible and horrific trip to the back of the car by saying "Please don't let this be my Caylee." He describes how he had to get into that stench and drive that car home. He describes putting the car in the garage and opening the doors and trunk to air it out. And then he goes to work. HUH?

He testified in the Grand Jury. We don't know what he said in there. But as soon as he was done, the story George told to LE changed. Suddenly, there was no odor. Or it was bleach and pizza. Or it was dead animals. Or or or....Having made the statements to LE that he did, and then making conflicting statements elsewhere means he lied somewhere. Is it the job of LE to discern where George was telling the truth or do they hold him accountable for not being consistent?

In any case, Casey Anthony was initially arrested for child neglect as well as criminal obstruction for LYING to LE. We see clearly that the elder Anthony's have lied to LE. Should they not also be held accountable as their daughter was? If they were afraid that Casey would pin this on them, they certainly did everything in their power to empower her to do so.

What are they afraid of being charged with? Lying to police? Obstruction of justice?
Either way they broke the law!
It is not a crime to to stand up for your child- but when you do it wrongfully in the public eye- you have to be very careful because everything you say and do is watched with eagle eyes. They should have thought of this PRIOR to the body being found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.