1202 users online (171 members and 1031 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    clifton park,ny
    Posts
    7,356

    moisturizers and breast cancer

    http://health.yahoo.com/news/reuters...sturizers.html

    Certain skin care products linked to breast cancer. I wish they would name the names of the products. That would be helpful,don't you think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    16
    Longtime lurker, first post.
    I have relied on the site below for info. re: carcinoigens. Check the line across top listing various products for different type lotions/lipstick/powders/etc.
    Hope this is what you are looking for.
    http://cosmeticsdatabase.com/browse....incat=skincare
    If I did not post correctly, try copy/pasting?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Minnesota-land of loons
    Posts
    3,212
    I've always heard talc is linked with ovarian cancer - never use it and never used it on my babies. The anti-perspirant linkage with breast cancer surfaces regularly but I have never stopped using it, myself. Just can't go there, especially now that I'm having hot flashes on a daily basis.


    Eve

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,109
    Digital Dog has linked to a great database. It's certain ingrediants in products that may cause problems, not so much the products themselves. Although I've never seen much to sway me on the anti-perspirant/breast cancer stuff....and I can't do deodorant at all...I HATE the feeling of wetness under my arms.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Minnesota-land of loons
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
    Digital Dog has linked to a great database. It's certain ingrediants in products that may cause problems, not so much the products themselves. Although I've never seen much to sway me on the anti-perspirant/breast cancer stuff....and I can't do deodorant at all...I HATE the feeling of wetness under my arms.
    Yup, me too, I have to use anti-perspirant, not deodorant. And now that I'm peri-menopausal, it is so much worse, I used to hardly perspire at all - now I do, and I hate it!

    Eve

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,082
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDog View Post
    Longtime lurker, first post.
    I have relied on the site below for info. re: carcinoigens. Check the line across top listing various products for different type lotions/lipstick/powders/etc.
    Hope this is what you are looking for.
    http://cosmeticsdatabase.com/browse....incat=skincare
    If I did not post correctly, try copy/pasting?
    Welcome to Websleuths DigitalDog.

    Your first post is PERFECT. Thank you very much for taking the jump into posting. Let us know if we can help you with anything.

    Take care,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,715
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    http://health.yahoo.com/news/reuters...sturizers.html

    Certain skin care products linked to breast cancer. I wish they would name the names of the products. That would be helpful,don't you think?
    My husband attended that symposium last week in San Antonio, for 3 days. There were like 15,000 people there presenting the newest developments in breast cancer and treatment.

    It looks like the ingredients listed are ESTRIOL and ESTRONE, if they are listed on the bottle or tube. Very interesting news.

    Also they have a new machine that shows the surgeon whether he/she has gotten all the tumor; a major problem that causes so many recurrences, especially with a lumpectomy.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,189
    Estriol and Estrone are natural estrogen products? I read on Yahoo yesterday that taking hormones during menopause is definitely linked to breast cancer. Maybe women should also rethink taking any estrogen-like supplements that help menopause and pms.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,761
    Welcome to Websleuths, Digitaldog =)

    ..i think they will just keep adding to the product list once more longer term studies are done on newer products.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    16
    Thank you all for your kind welcome.
    I have been reading here since the Danielle VanDam case and am so impressed with everyone's fine detective work and the politeness of your board. You are all so well informed and someone always manages to post the next logical question/answer, sometimes within seconds, that I have been lazy about contributing. I love the different points of view...at times, one of you will influence my own, with your sincere, calm reasoning and logic. Thank you again, for welcoming me.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    2,909
    It's the Aluminum in deodorants and anti-perspirants that is the cause for concern, but I believe that it's more related to central nervous system disorders than cancer, I'll have to double check that one.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,715
    Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    Estriol and Estrone are natural estrogen products? I read on Yahoo yesterday that taking hormones during menopause is definitely linked to breast cancer. Maybe women should also rethink taking any estrogen-like supplements that help menopause and pms.
    That's right; doctors gave estrogen to women for years because it was dictated by the studies and "research".

    Now they say, no; it can cause breast cancer. My mother took estrogen way too long and she got breast cancer at age 68. Luckily she survived; but had to have a mastectomy.

    Now the OB-GYns are not prescribing it, except for maybe a year or two to help with menopause.

    Of course Birth Control pills have estrogen; but I think the progestogen ? in them kind of cancels it out. They haven't been closely linked.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Welcome, DigitalDog!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains
    Posts
    44
    I am a pharmaceutical compounder and I make Bio-identical Hormones for premenopausal and postmenopausal women, plus men and women that have lost their libidos. Estrogens are not necessarily the only culprit of breast cancer....there are several factors such as,

    1. Synthesized (man made) estrogen.
    2. Unopposed estrogen....meaning without Progesterone.
    3. Environment
    4. Diet and lifestyle (plastics we eat out of and drink out of contain hormones linked to cancer)

    Bio-identical (meaning the molecular structures are identical to what are bodies make) hormones are available by prescription and when they are properly prescribed in the correct proportions (Estrogen WITH Progesterone and Testosterone) are saving lives, marriages, relationships and their sanity too. Dr John Lee, Dr. Christina Northup, Uzzi Reiss, Dr. John Wilson, Eugene Shippen, and John Morgenthaler, all reputable people with credentials, have written informative books on the subject.

    Anyways, for 15 years, I have seen tremendous results and for the last year I have been using progesterone cream because I am Estrogen dominant....lovesit.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    clifton park,ny
    Posts
    7,356
    Quote Originally Posted by lululove1996 View Post
    I am a pharmaceutical compounder and I make Bio-identical Hormones for premenopausal and postmenopausal women, plus men and women that have lost their libidos. Estrogens are not necessarily the only culprit of breast cancer....there are several factors such as,

    1. Synthesized (man made) estrogen.
    2. Unopposed estrogen....meaning without Progesterone.
    3. Environment
    4. Diet and lifestyle (plastics we eat out of and drink out of contain hormones linked to cancer)

    Bio-identical (meaning the molecular structures are identical to what are bodies make) hormones are available by prescription and when they are properly prescribed in the correct proportions (Estrogen WITH Progesterone and Testosterone) are saving lives, marriages, relationships and their sanity too. Dr John Lee, Dr. Christina Northup, Uzzi Reiss, Dr. John Wilson, Eugene Shippen, and John Morgenthaler, all reputable people with credentials, have written informative books on the subject.

    Anyways, for 15 years, I have seen tremendous results and for the last year I have been using progesterone cream because I am Estrogen dominant....lovesit.

    I do think it is very hard to pinpoint any one thing that might cause cancer.
    Years ago I was using wild yam cream(I think it might have progersterone in it) and my gyno suggested it wasn't good for me,anybody know if thats true and is thir anything wrong with it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NIH Breast Cancer Calculator
    By Taximom in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 10:13 AM
  2. Breast Cancer Legislation
    By Malapoo in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 10:51 PM