moisturizers and breast cancer

I've always heard talc is linked with ovarian cancer - never use it and never used it on my babies. The anti-perspirant linkage with breast cancer surfaces regularly but I have never stopped using it, myself. Just can't go there, especially now that I'm having hot flashes on a daily basis.

Eve

Digital Dog has linked to a great database. It's certain ingrediants in products that may cause problems, not so much the products themselves. Although I've never seen much to sway me on the anti-perspirant/breast cancer stuff....and I can't do deodorant at all...I HATE the feeling of wetness under my arms.

Digital Dog has linked to a great database. It's certain ingrediants in products that may cause problems, not so much the products themselves. Although I've never seen much to sway me on the anti-perspirant/breast cancer stuff....and I can't do deodorant at all...I HATE the feeling of wetness under my arms.

Yup, me too, I have to use anti-perspirant, not deodorant. And now that I'm peri-menopausal, it is so much worse, I used to hardly perspire at all - now I do, and I hate it!

Eve

Longtime lurker, first post.
I have relied on the site below for info. re: carcinoigens. Check the line across top listing various products for different type lotions/lipstick/powders/etc.
Hope this is what you are looking for.
http://cosmeticsdatabase.com/browse.php?maincat=skincare
If I did not post correctly, try copy/pasting?

Welcome to Websleuths DigitalDog.

Your first post is PERFECT. Thank you very much for taking the jump into posting. Let us know if we can help you with anything.

Take care,
Tricia

http://health.yahoo.com/news/reuters/us_estrogen_moisturizers.html

Certain skin care products linked to breast cancer. I wish they would name the names of the products. That would be helpful,don't you think?

My husband attended that symposium last week in San Antonio, for 3 days. There were like 15,000 people there presenting the newest developments in breast cancer and treatment.

It looks like the ingredients listed are ESTRIOL and ESTRONE, if they are listed on the bottle or tube. Very interesting news.

Also they have a new machine that shows the surgeon whether he/she has gotten all the tumor; a major problem that causes so many recurrences, especially with a lumpectomy.

Estriol and Estrone are natural estrogen products? I read on Yahoo yesterday that taking hormones during menopause is definitely linked to breast cancer. Maybe women should also rethink taking any estrogen-like supplements that help menopause and pms.

Welcome to Websleuths, Digitaldog =)

..i think they will just keep adding to the product list once more longer term studies are done on newer products.

Thank you all for your kind welcome.
I have been reading here since the Danielle VanDam case and am so impressed with everyone's fine detective work and the politeness of your board. You are all so well informed and someone always manages to post the next logical question/answer, sometimes within seconds, that I have been lazy about contributing. I love the different points of view...at times, one of you will influence my own, with your sincere, calm reasoning and logic. Thank you again, for welcoming me.

It's the Aluminum in deodorants and anti-perspirants that is the cause for concern, but I believe that it's more related to central nervous system disorders than cancer, I'll have to double check that one.

Estriol and Estrone are natural estrogen products? I read on Yahoo yesterday that taking hormones during menopause is definitely linked to breast cancer. Maybe women should also rethink taking any estrogen-like supplements that help menopause and pms.

That's right; doctors gave estrogen to women for years because it was dictated by the studies and "research".

Now they say, no; it can cause breast cancer. My mother took estrogen way too long and she got breast cancer at age 68. Luckily she survived; but had to have a mastectomy.

Now the OB-GYns are not prescribing it, except for maybe a year or two to help with menopause.

Of course Birth Control pills have estrogen; but I think the progestogen ? in them kind of cancels it out. They haven't been closely linked.

I am a pharmaceutical compounder and I make Bio-identical Hormones for premenopausal and postmenopausal women, plus men and women that have lost their libidos. Estrogens are not necessarily the only culprit of breast cancer....there are several factors such as,

1. Synthesized (man made) estrogen.
2. Unopposed estrogen....meaning without Progesterone.
3. Environment
4. Diet and lifestyle (plastics we eat out of and drink out of contain hormones linked to cancer)

Bio-identical (meaning the molecular structures are identical to what are bodies make) hormones are available by prescription and when they are properly prescribed in the correct proportions (Estrogen WITH Progesterone and Testosterone) are saving lives, marriages, relationships and their sanity too. Dr John Lee, Dr. Christina Northup, Uzzi Reiss, Dr. John Wilson, Eugene Shippen, and John Morgenthaler, all reputable people with credentials, have written informative books on the subject.

Anyways, for 15 years, I have seen tremendous results and for the last year I have been using progesterone cream because I am Estrogen dominant....lovesit.

I am a pharmaceutical compounder and I make Bio-identical Hormones for premenopausal and postmenopausal women, plus men and women that have lost their libidos. Estrogens are not necessarily the only culprit of breast cancer....there are several factors such as,

1. Synthesized (man made) estrogen.
2. Unopposed estrogen....meaning without Progesterone.
3. Environment
4. Diet and lifestyle (plastics we eat out of and drink out of contain hormones linked to cancer)

Bio-identical (meaning the molecular structures are identical to what are bodies make) hormones are available by prescription and when they are properly prescribed in the correct proportions (Estrogen WITH Progesterone and Testosterone) are saving lives, marriages, relationships and their sanity too. Dr John Lee, Dr. Christina Northup, Uzzi Reiss, Dr. John Wilson, Eugene Shippen, and John Morgenthaler, all reputable people with credentials, have written informative books on the subject.

Anyways, for 15 years, I have seen tremendous results and for the last year I have been using progesterone cream because I am Estrogen dominant....lovesit.

I do think it is very hard to pinpoint any one thing that might cause cancer.
Years ago I was using wild yam cream(I think it might have progersterone in it) and my gyno suggested it wasn't good for me,anybody know if thats true and is thir anything wrong with it?

I think they have found that estrogen aids some breast cancers in growing; you might already have some bad cells that would grow eventually, but the estrogen speeds it up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back