Amscot, "Special K"

wanttohelp

http://thewaronwomen.org
Reaction score
Website
www.thewaronwomen.org
deja vu, I was just discussing her on another thread, you've seen her many times if you've seen the earlier kc party pix, not the fusion ones. her name is stephanie k. And I was just mentioning the fact that although they seemed to be good friends ( kc and stephanie ) One interesting note, Stephanie is not on the list of witnesses. I think I finally figured out who the third immunity witness is, special k.

On the "July 3" thread, we were discussing KC's friend Stephanie K (Greek last name, "Special K" on KC's phone), and thought she might be worth a new thread. My notes about her so far are as follows:

Friend of KC, J. Ortiz (deceased purported father #6978), and the rest of KC's "original" group of friends. Colonial High class of 2004, same as KC.

Worked at a Winn-Dixie (don't know which one). Became Assistant General Manager at Amscot sometime between getting her degree in finance at UCF in May 2008 and September 12, 2008, when someone listed her as a reference with that title in an online resume. So we are not sure if she was working there June 27-30 when KC's car was stranded there--and is there more than 1 Amscot location around there? December 14, 2008 she said on someone's Myspace that she was working at Amscot "for now" because she couldn't get a better job due to the economy.

June 20 1 min. phone call from KC to Stephanie at 1:23 pm

June 30 49 sec. phone call from KC to Stephanie at 4:53 pm (could this be, OMG, Stephanie, my car ran out of gas at Amscot and I think it got towed--can you find out where it went?)

June 30 43 sec. phone call from Stephanie to KC at 9:05 pm (maybe giving KC her answer?)

July 4 text from Stephanie to KC at 7:03 AM. KC texts back at 8:14 AM.

July 4 27 sec. phone call from Stephanie to KC at 2:35 pm

July 4 39 sec. phone call from KC to Stephanie at 3:16 pm

JULY 16:

Sometime this day (probably after KC sends out her mass "Caylee is missing--has been for 31 days" text) Stephanie changes her Myspace name to "[Stephanie] Love You Caylee Marie Anthony [heart]."

Also after the mass text on July 16:
12:22 pm posts comment to KC on Myspace: "case...please call me..."
3:19 pm attempts to call KC--no answer (KC is with the police I think)
3:23 pm attempts again to call KC--no answer
3:28 pm texts KC: "Case...Call me when u get this."

All KC's other friends are in "OMG!" "WTF!" mode...but Stephanie just wants KC to call her and does not want to say whatever she has to say in writing?? No expression of surprise/concern/shock/disbelief?

August 3 Stephanie was scheduled for visit with KC 9:00-9:45 pm. Someone said this visit was cancelled, but I didn't check the document on that one and now can't find it.

Current Myspace name is just "Stephyyy" with hearts, etc. but tag says "Caylee Marie is My Angel." http://www.myspace.com/kostakiss

Discuss. :)

I think there's already a thread addressing this friend. I'm glad you brought it up, though, because it jumped out at me for the first time just a few nights ago. Don't know how I missed it the first 100 times I read the cell records. :bang: I was going to go back and research the earlier thread this weekend when I'm off from work.

I think there's already a thread addressing this friend. I'm glad you brought it up, though, because it jumped out at me for the first time just a few nights ago. Don't know how I missed it the first 100 times I read the cell records. :bang: I was going to go back and research the earlier thread this weekend when I'm off from work.

I looked for a thread, but if someone finds an old one, by all means we should get them merged and see what everyone said back then!

On the "July 3" thread, we were discussing KC's friend Stephanie K (Greek last name, "Special K" on KC's phone), and thought she might be worth a new thread. My notes about her so far are as follows:

Friend of KC, J. Ortiz (deceased purported father #6978), and the rest of KC's "original" group of friends. Colonial High class of 2004, same as KC.

Worked at a Winn-Dixie (don't know which one). Became Assistant General Manager at Amscot sometime between getting her degree in finance at UCF in May 2008 and September 12, 2008, when someone listed her as a reference with that title in an online resume. So we are not sure if she was working there June 27-30 when KC's car was stranded there--and is there more than 1 Amscot location around there? December 14, 2008 she said on someone's Myspace that she was working at Amscot "for now" because she couldn't get a better job due to the economy.

June 30 49 sec. phone call from KC to Stephanie at 4:53 pm (could this be, OMG, Stephanie, my car ran out of gas at Amscot and I think it got towed--can you find out where it went?)

June 30 43 sec. phone call from Stephanie to KC at 9:05 pm (maybe giving KC her answer?)

JULY 16:

Sometime this day (probably after KC sends out her mass "Caylee is missing--has been for 31 days" text) Stephanie changes her Myspace name to "[Stephanie] Love You Caylee Marie Anthony [heart]."

All KC's other friends are in "OMG!" "WTF!" mode...but Stephanie just wants KC to call her and does not want to say whatever she has to say in writing?? No expression of surprise/concern/shock/disbelief?

August 3 Stephanie was scheduled for visit with KC 9:00-9:45 pm. Someone said this visit was cancelled, but I didn't check the document on that one and now can't find it.

Current Myspace name is just "Stephyyy" with hearts, etc. but tag says "Caylee Marie is My Angel." http://www.myspace.com/kostakiss

Ugh! Another one of KC's friend who's all into herself. Her tag line now says "Stephy is ready to get started on herself". Reminds me of Annie.

===========================

[/QUOTE]

And with Hearts????

JULY 16:

Thanks for all the info AZlawyer! Make sure to post what else you find out onto the July 3rd thread. :) I tried opening a thread about Kyle K since we were also trying to figure out who he was but it got moved to the Q&A thread and the question got lost in the thread. I will see what else I can find out about Stephanie.

http://parentingteens.about.com/cs/designerdrugs/l/blketamine1.htm

When I first saw that name on her phone # list, "Special K"...this is what I thought of....ketamine. I KNOW everything with these kids wasn't about drugs and everything doesn't have a "hidden meaning", but, this is what came to my mind from the beginning...before I heard about it being Stephanie K., which is honestly just today...sorry, LOL

ETA : I know, it could just mean the cereal....or, that Stephanie IS "special"

===========================And with Hearts????

No kidding. What's up with the hearts?

The ketamine connection is what brought attention to this friend earlier on when everyone was speculating about the tart mom's drug use. That's why I was sure there was a thread devoted to it. I can't find one, either, so maybe it was diluted in another thread.

I had the same thought as AZLawyer when I finally noticed her messages from 7/16. All the other friends sounded shocked and concerned. So why didn't she?

Thanks for all the info AZlawyer! Make sure to post what else you find out onto the July 3rd thread. :) I tried opening a thread about Kyle K since we were also trying to figure out who he was but it got moved to the Q&A thread and the question got lost in the thread. I will see what else I can find out about Stephanie.

Well, I moved this here so it wouldn't mess up the July 3 thread, which I think was originally supposed to be about July 3. ;)

I was looking for something and ran across "Diary of Days", Aug. doc. dump. pt 1, pg. 27. I scrolled down and did a double take when I saw "MY Subscriptions", bottom left corner of page.
Bryson
Freak
Stephanie * (*=heart)
..annie..
Lee/A##hole/Wampa

It did strike me.

*snipped*

Wow! AZ. Great sleuthing!! Thanks for taking the time to put all of that together. :clap:

I like the suggestion of Miss K. as the means for Casey finding out WTH happened to the Pontiac.

I snipped the following from the 6/30 ping thread which coincides w/ the timing of contact w/ Stephanie:

4:30 PM (approx)
  • Amy leaves for work
4:40 to 4:55 PM
  • KC drives to Amscot. May have left a few minutes earlier to fill gas cans if not done already.
4:55 PM
  • Arrives at Amscot, notices car is not there, keeps heading north on Goldenrod (this is lone ping to CID=2)
  • KC must be wondering what has happened to the car, but without missing a beat she pings Matt C. and invites him to Fusian. Possibly heading north past Crane's Landing made her think of him. First time all day she contacted him.
4:55 to 5:15 PM

:thumb:

*snipped*

Wow! AZ. Great sleuthing!! Thanks for taking the time to put all of that together. :clap:

I like the suggestion of Miss K. as the means for Casey finding out WTH happened to the Pontiac.

I snipped the following from the 6/30 ping thread which coincides w/ the timing of contact w/ Stephanie:

:thumb:

So given the timing, it would be a pretty big coincidence if SK was not working at the Amscot by then.

Is she on the witness list?......I find your thread interesting, very.

And then we have the mysterious question that MF brought up about there being no available video tape of Anthony or Casey at that Amscot. This has lots of Ws scratching their heads.

Is she on the witness list?......I find your thread interesting, very.

And then we have the mysterious question that MF brought up about there being no available video tape of Anthony or Casey at that Amscot. This has lots of Ws scratching their heads.

Can't tell you how glad I am to see this sleuthin' going on. :clap:

I would think it would be pretty hard for just any employee to interfere with the security video. Interesting to note that I think most are retained for ~30days. By the time the investigation got underway post-7/15 there was still time left to have a decent shot @ getting the full set of tapes for the 6/26-6/27 period. Also seems it would be easy for LE to figure out if any of the footage was missing...easy to do a 100% inventory of tape w/ date & timestamps and # of cameras...

I'd love to hear LE was all over this and there is more going on behind the scenes w/ Stephanie K.

It has always baffled me why all the cell pings in the vicinity of the Amscot, even prior to her leaving the car there. Knowing someone working there would certainly explain all the pings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back