Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 966
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammiejam View Post
    I see a skull here but differently.

    The tape - yes agreed,

    Eye - no, i see that as a nasal cavaty.

    I see the eye socket as the larger, dark hole above the tiny round holes. Only one eye socket is visable. The other is angled away into the vegetation. Above what I see as the eye socket is the rounded, smooth top part of the skull with a stick across it. Just to the left of the nasal cavity I can see a smooth cheek-bone shaped thing.

    Of course it could all be a trick of the eye but I can see it.
    Sammiejam, that's how I see it too. The other imagery shows a face vs. a skull to me. Since we know the body was completely skeletonized there would be no cheek, nose, or chin area left.


  2. #272
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    i recently finished a course where we read various parts of the DSM IV (2000). here's what it says about antisocial PD:


    (taken from www.psyweb.com)

    Antisocial Personality Disorder

    Definition
    Antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of regard for the moral or legal standards in the local culture. There is a marked inability to get along with others or abide by societal rules. Individuals with this disorder are sometimes called psychopaths or sociopaths.


    Diagnostic Criteria ( DSM-IV™ ) made easy.


    1. Since the age of fifteen there has been a disregard for and violation of the right's of others, those right's considered normal by the local culture, as indicated by at least three of the following:
    A. Repeated acts that could lead to arrest.
    B. Conning for pleasure or profit, repeated lying, or the use of aliases.
    C. Failure to plan ahead or being impulsive.
    D. Repeated assaults on others.
    E. Reckless when it comes to their or others safety.
    F. Poor work behavior or failure to honor financial obligations.
    G. Rationalizing the pain they inflict on others.
    2. At least eighteen years in age.
    3. Evidence of a Conduct Disorder, with its onset before the age of fifteen.
    4. Symptoms not due to another mental disorder.
    Thank you for the help,
    we used to have a very strong criteria which started in youth. It would encompass harming or killing animals, truancy, fire-setting, etc. That was the main reason that was stopping me from including her. I thought she was a good student and she seemed to have many friends.You have been a big help.


  3. #273
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    It looks like that storybook is the same book kc claimed Caylee was talking about on the july 15th fake phone call. That bag looked full, I wonder if there was a lot of stuff in it.


  4. #274
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,907
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    Well actually I think you will find that a ws'er said is that a book..is that Caylees book, Before that was released on the Orlando sentinel - on the above link I included
    Actually the Orlando Sentinel Posted their Story at 9:13 pm

    If you go to last nights thread to Post #108 it's at 9:34pm

    The reason the Person is asking "is that a book" is because of the Orlando Sentinel Story - They even have a Link to the Story in with their Post

    The point is that the reason everyone started talking about the Yellow Book was because of the Orlando sentinel Story

    I know this because i was on the Thread & I had already read the OS story when it was first brought up on the Thread last night.

    Like i said....Not trying to argue or anything but they reported it before anyone mentioned it - There was also a Thread about the Yellow Book shortly after the OS story - but now it's gone


  5. #275
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    Actually the Orlando Sentinel Posted their Story at 9:13 pm

    If you go to last nights thread to Post #108 it's at 9:34pm

    The reason the Person is asking "if that a book" is because of the Orlando Sentinel Story - They even have a Link to the Story in with their Post

    The point is that the reason everyone started talking about the Yellow Book was because of the Orlando sentinel Story

    I know this because i was on the Thread & I had already read the OS story when it was first brought up on the Thread last night.

    Like i said....Not trying to argue or anything but they reported it before anyone mentioned it - There was also a Thread about the Yellow Book shortly after the OS story - but now it's gone
    Sorry,
    I Forgot to post the Link to the original Orlando S. Story

    Here it is Dec 18th - 9:13 PM

    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-c...,4733443.story


  6. #276
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    Actually the Orlando Sentinel Posted their Story at 9:13 pm

    If you go to last nights thread to Post #108 it's at 9:34pm

    The reason the Person is asking "is that a book" is because of the Orlando Sentinel Story - They even have a Link to the Story in with their Post

    The point is that the reason everyone started talking about the Yellow Book was because of the Orlando sentinel Story

    I know this because i was on the Thread & I had already read the OS story when it was first brought up on the Thread last night.

    Like i said....Not trying to argue or anything but they reported it before anyone mentioned it - There was also a Thread about the Yellow Book shortly after the OS story - but now it's gone
    Ok Hun I see your point, and I agree but I was just saying that a lot of stuff being said here was already discussed yesterday kwim ?

    And in the big reality of the world it doesnt really matter who said what first, I think its just upset, agitation, frustration, shock and sadness (well on my part anyway)


  7. #277
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    "Deep in the Heart"
    Posts
    2,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    It looks like that storybook is the same book kc claimed Caylee was talking about on the july 15th fake phone call. That bag looked full, I wonder if there was a lot of stuff in it.

    Odd.....I would of never thought KC cared enough to include *any* momento's........could be the book/pic etc. also reeked w/evidence, so she trashed them too.

    If the bag contains ' a lot" of stuff, wonder why CA never missed it......or did she ??


  8. #278
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,907
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    Ok Hun I see your point, and I agree but I was just saying that a lot of stuff being said here was already discussed yesterday kwim ?

    And in the big reality of the world it doesnt really matter who said what first, I think its just upset, agitation, frustration, shock and sadness (well on my part anyway)
    Your right ...it really doesn't matter.

    The only reason I mentioned it was because I had just finished reading the Orlando S. report about the yellow book & then I went to the Crime Scene thread & I was reading all the Post trying to catch up & also trying to see if I could find the "Skull" & then the poster posted the OS link & I had just read it.

    There was also a Thread with a direct link to the OS story

    Maybe one of the Moderators merged it with another because I can't find it now

    Anyway,,,,,,No big deal. I enjoyed reading both the threads & I'm convinced that that is a photo just above the Yellow Book. I'm dying to know who's in it.

    Casey did delete some photos of Caylee from her computer so maybe she threw away the actual photographs as well.


  9. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
    We were right about the book.................this was on Fox news............

    "This undated photo shows missing girl Caylee Anthony reading a storybook police say they found in the woods near her family's home."
    This is now on Fox's website in an article, that the book with Caylee's remains is the one Caylee was photographed with:

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,469785,00.html

    Ahead of the announcement, Florida police released evidence photos from the scene where the remains were found. One showed a book discovered in the woods that the child had been photographed reading before she vanished.

    -snip-

    The book is among numerous pieces of evidence Orange County Sheriff's deputies say they found in the wooded area where Caylee's remains turned up.


  10. #280
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by ceyler View Post
    put your hand over the owl looking thing, then you should be able to see what everyone is talking about
    After covering the owl thing and zooming x400, I see only what *could be a face. An optical illusion.

    The following is my opinion only:

    Using the book that is in the same photo as a scale reference, the "skull" image is miniscule, comparitively. I'm thinking the size of a tangerine at best. Not even close to the size of a normal, nearly 3 year old child's skull.

    And fwiw, I believe LE has handled this crime scene with the utmost diligence and care...both to preserve the evidence for trial as well as for the diginity of Caylee's remains. I don't believe for a minute they would release photos that contain this murdered child's bones, accidently or otherwise.


  11. #281
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,588
    Quote Originally Posted by skullaria View Post
    I always see faces in trees. I must have that syndrome.

    Anyway, I am late into this conversation, and just had a question. They found some size 5 clothes, a backpack and some kids clothes a while back - where was that in relation to where the child was found? Anyone know?
    It's about 7 miles away from where the remains were found. The clothing, backpack, etc. were found in Jay Blanchard Park, which is about 7 miles north of Suburban Drive.


  12. #282
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    The scene in the car and scene in the woods, close to home, leads one to believe we are dealing with a disorganized crime scene. Typically, this means there was not much forethought and planning with this crime. Their crimes and victims remains are close to home. This type of scene is not typical with the true sociopath. Before I take a hit with this statement, I want to say that she displays those tendencies but she doesn't fit the entire profile.

    The true sociopaths will undoubtedly have planned and hid the body in a more secure place or far away from the scene of the crime.

    I come from the old school,and I guess by reading most of the analyses, the criteria must be different nowadays for the diagnosis. I have not done any reading on the subject or looked at the new DSM. There may be the possibility that they have broadened their criteria.

    We looked at psychopaths differently from sociopaths.
    I agree with you, Whisperer.
    Based on Tom Brown's Tracker books, techniques which I have been practicing for around 10 years which helps you learn how to "read" scenes, I would say the condition of this book shows that it was rapidly discarded, not carefully hidden.



  13. #283
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,691
    If you take the book on the ground and turn it 90 degrees to the right, it matches the way Caylee is holding the book in the vid. It's the page on Caylee's right. There are some debris blocking parts of the characters. But IMO, it is Caylee's book.


  14. #284
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    Sorry,
    I Forgot to post the Link to the original Orlando S. Story

    Here it is Dec 18th - 9:13 PM

    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-c...,4733443.story
    Thank you for the link.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!


  15. #285
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
    I agree with you, Whisperer.
    Based on Tom Brown's Tracker books, techniques which I have been practicing for around 10 years which helps you learn how to "read" scenes, I would say the condition of this book shows that it was rapidly discarded, not carefully hidden.

    I think the book was not left where it was found. I think the water caused it to fall apart and float around. That's why we are seeing an inside page instead of the cover.

    I love talking sociopath's. They fascinate the heck out of me. My opinion of them are...there are smart ones and dumb ones. The dumb ones lack control of their actions and act stupidly. They end up in jail. The smart ones become heads of corporations and leaders of countries.

    ETA: Dexter is a smart sociopath. Casey not so much.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 12-20-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: rephrase and add


Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Crime scene photos CASUAL VERSION
    By TURBOTHINK in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 635
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 10:47 AM
  2. is there a thread with inks to crime scene photos?
    By ialy in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 03:37 AM
  3. The Crime Scene
    By beesy in forum Darlie Routier
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 11:34 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 06:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •