Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Meter Reader

Quote Originally Posted by suspicious1 View Post
    Did anyone hear this?
    When the meter reader called into 911 he says - "the skull of -(then he stops and says) "we found a human skull....."
    Was he about to say "the skull of Caylee Anthony...." How did he know that?

Did anyone hear this?
    When the meter reader called into 911 he says - "the skull of -(then he stops and says) "we found a human skull....."
    This is a s----t----r----e----t----c----h.
    What if he was going to say, the skull of a person, the skull of a child, the skull of a human? We don't know what he was going to say. I don't think he would have called if it was the skull of a dog or other animal.

What if the meter reader actually saw someone originally dump the bag there?

The scenario could go something like this:
    • He saw someone who take a bag into the woods
    • He later heard that Caylee was missing
    • He racked his brains and remembered that he saw someone take a bag into the woods around her home
    • He went out to investigate where he thought he saw someone go into the woods, saw the bag, and called the cops

Quote Originally Posted by brownflower View Post

• He racked his brains and remembered that he saw someone take a bag into the woods around her home
    • He went out to investigate where he thought he saw someone go into the woods, saw the bag, and called the cops
    I never thought about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jujube View Post
    This is a s----t----r----e----t----c----h.
    What if he was going to say, the skull of a person, the skull of a child, the skull of a human? We don't know what he was going to say. I don't think he would have called if it was the skull of a dog or other animal.
    The meter reader isn't the one that called 911. It was the dispatch office of the utility company.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSleuth View Post
    The meter reader isn't the one that called 911. It was the dispatch office of the utility company.
    Dispatch called all 4 times?

Also, did anyone listen to the call from the meter reader to his dispatcher? After RC says he has found a skull, etc, the dispatcher asks for an address. RC says something like "No address, Suburban Road, at the woods near the elementary school."

The dispatcher then asks, "What are the cross streets?"

RK names a street, I can't recall the name, then says, "and then there's Hopespring Drive, WHERE I LIVE....." Could he have smelled something in his own back yard? Could HE have been walking HIS dog and saw KC's car stopped there, but didn't think much of it until later?

(First post....be kind. I clicked on one of the newspaper's or TV station's audio snippets, and now can't find it.....)

Quote Originally Posted by landdnurse View Post

Could he have smelled something in his own back yard? Could HE have been walking HIS dog and saw KC's car stopped there, but didn't think much of it until later?

(First post....be kind. I clicked on one of the newspaper's or TV station's audio snippets, and now can't find it.....)
    Interesting...

Given the conflicting bits of information - and that we are undoubtedly not getting the entire story at this point... could it be that the meter reader went into the woods to relieve himself back on Aug 11 - and that was when he initially saw the bag?

He calls, reports it (if he's supposed to be working, he may figure he'll get in trouble if he hangs around waiting for police) - nobody follows up, calls again the 2nd day with no response, calls the 3rd time and meets LE out there, perhaps points out the bag, they start to head toward it, see the snake, LE tells the meter guy he'll check it out, meter reader leaves - cop thinks it's just an empty bag and never bothers to check further. (remember that they were getting thousands of tips - odds of this bag actually being important were a million to one.)

Meanwhile it eats at the meter reader, and when he's back in the area and/or the water level goes down, he goes back to check?

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by brownflower View Post

If so, he would LE would have made a much bigger deal about it at the time, don't you think?

Did anyone hear this?
    Oh come on, y'all. The dispatcher even said in his phone call that it was found in the area of the whole Caylee Anthony thing. The MR probably assumed, and correctly so, that he had found Caylee's remains.

I do not find anything unusal about the meter reader's reactions. First thing, he smelled a bad oder and saw a bag by the road. This bag could have been the same bag or another with the other bag with Caylee's remains farther back. The trash bag he saw could have been nothing or could have been the bag.

He calls three times. The police finally dismiss it as being the remains of a dog causing the oder. But he is still not sure. He still thinks it could have been Caylee. He thinks about it for months.....Caylee is never found. So one day, he is back on his old route, and it is still bothering him so he stops to check it out. My first reaction on seeing a skull that close to Caylee's home is I have finally found her. He had thought all along that she was there.

I can see myself doing the same thing.....when I could not get anyone to listen to me. I would have to see for myself. And yes, I would think it was Caylee right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by debirlfan View Post
    Given the conflicting bits of information - and that we are undoubtedly not getting the entire story at this point... could it be that the meter reader went into the woods to relieve himself back on Aug 11 - and that was when he initially saw the bag?

He calls, reports it (if he's supposed to be working, he may figure he'll get in trouble if he hangs around waiting for police) - nobody follows up, calls again the 2nd day with no response, calls the 3rd time and meets LE out there, perhaps points out the bag, they start to head toward it, see the snake, LE tells the meter guy he'll check it out, meter reader leaves - cop thinks it's just an empty bag and never bothers to check further. (remember that they were getting thousands of tips - odds of this bag actually being important were a million to one.)

Meanwhile it eats at the meter reader, and when he's back in the area and/or the water level goes down, he goes back to check?
    Yep. I posted the same scenario the other night.

Welcome to WS, debirlfan.

Quote Originally Posted by fox1950 View Post
    I do not find anything unusal about the meter reader's reactions. First thing, he smelled a bad oder and saw a bag by the road. This bag could have been the same bag or another with the other bag with Caylee's remains farther back. The trash bag he saw could have been nothing or could have been the bag.

He calls three times. The police finally dismiss it as being the remains of a dog causing the odor. But he is still not sure. He still thinks it could have been Caylee. He thinks about it for months.....Caylee is never found. So one day, he is back on his old route, and it is still bothering him so he stops to check it out. My first reaction on seeing a skull that close to Caylee's home is I have finally found her. He had thought all along that she was there.

I can see myself doing the same thing.....when I could not get anyone to listen to me. I would have to see for myself. And yes, I would think it was Caylee right off the bat.
    fox1950 you are so right on with what my thoughts were exactly! I have to agree that I could also see myself doing the very same thing. Everyone has those times where you just get that nagging sense of something that you cannot dismiss. Of course the defense is now going to use this to acuse LE of "shoddy" police work etc. But imo I truly don't think that will go very far because when you look at the amount of tips and leads that they were receiving, and how many times they'd already checked the area and actually found nothing but animal remains it was unfortunately taken for granted.

The dept. was working around the clock on this case and said to have been under heavy burden between Caylee's case and all of the others they'd been working on. Not to mention all of the circus enviroment! Was it a huge mistake? Yes, but imo they will be able to get past it.

Last night I saw that GSJ had also been in that exact area and had it on video. It was in fact under knee deep water at the time.

Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast