1117 users online (240 members and 877 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talk About August 11th,12th, and 13th.

I just read an article here
    http://www.wftv.com/news/18315429/detail.html

Something caught my eye....I know law enforcement is currently looking to the tips being called originally back in August,etc but one thing in particular that was interesting is that in the article it says

"It's unknown what the area looked like on August 11, the first day the meter reader called and reported seeing a gray bag, but a deputy sent to the scene didn't find anything. Sheriff's officials said the man called Crimeline on August 12. A detective checked records and determined the area already had been checked by a cadaver dog. The sheriff's office is also investigating deputies who came out and cleared the scene on the 13th of August. The meter reader accompanied the deputies, but nothing was found.

Officials aren't releasing the names of any of the deputies involved, but they are under administrative investigation.

Nieves said the meter reader went back last week because he had a nagging feeling that it was the place to look."

So if this is the case why did the dogs not pick this up? Was it because of the water being in the area? The article says the meter reader accompanied the deputies but nothing was found? If that's the case why now and not then? And further more... I thought this county meter reader stumbled upon this bag because he needed to relieve himself in the woods. However, this article says he specifically went back because of a nagging feeling he had.

I'm not trying to suggest the meter reader was involved but what about these deputies that "cleared" this area. Last time someone from OSCO was under administrative investigation an officer was let go because he lied about his involvement with KC.

What are you thoughts? I'm sure the defense will argue that the area was cleared back in August.

If the bag was still there, there's no way the deputy really checked it out. He may have looked around a little then decided like the detective the day before, "oh the area was searched", and it probably never was. If this is the case, it's totally disgusting.

Angry

I just hope that these "deputies" have no connection to KC what so ever. I remember when the kid was let go for lying about his relations with KC from OSCO the criminal defense attorneys on NG were talking then about how the Defense would have a hay day with this information because it could take away credibility from OSCO (or something of the sort)

I'm sure the dense will try to argue that the body was decaying elsewhere but had been planted there while KC was in Jail and then KC can continue to maintain her innocence.
    Last edited by Weffy; 12-19-2008 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

i'm not sure the meter reader accompanied them to the actual spot. Oft times, they will ask for a general location and then say "stay back" while they look so as to not contaminate the scene. This may have been what occurred then.

I agree that the whole thing seems a little strange. I heard during the ID presser today that one of those August calls involving the meter reader came through the "Crimeline." I assume that's the same crimline listing a lot of the tips released in a document dump...in September..(oh heck, gimma a sec I'll go get a link to those for ya and ETA).
    Anyone care to help me sift through these docs to try and find the meter readers tips? I've already gone through the first four sets...about 400 pages in all.

ETA.... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=71772&page=3

you're looking for post #60....there are about 1800 pages in all!!!

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

August 11, 12, 13

I thought we should make a thread to gather any info about this time period. Tips, what the Anthony's were doing and state of mind, weather, media, etc.

August 11
    Tip Involving Smell Leads Nowhere In Caylee Anthony Search
    http://www.wftv.com/news/17161366/detail.html
    Casey Anthony's Parents Meet Again With Detectives At Sheriff's Office
    http://www.wftv.com/news/17142154/detail.html

2nd Search In 2 Days Called Off

For the second time in two days, Orange County sheriff's deputies and K-9 units performed a search for Caylee Anthony.
    Orange County sheriff's deputies on Tuesday requested the assistance of Osceola County's K-9 unit and searched a wooded area near the home of Caylee's grandparents.
    The search was called off and nothing was believed to have been found, Local 6 News reported.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17169920/detail.html

Tips to LE.....
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=71772&page=3
    post #60

I've been through the first four sets of docs, no meter reader tips as of yet...but I'm still looking

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

August 14, Letter from Casey Anthony to Sherrif requesting meeting with her dad
    http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photog...iff_Page_3.htm

Leading up to this letter Casey had started refusing visits with her parents. So Caylees bday comes and goes, 11 12 13, 14 no Caylee and Casey wants to see dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    Tips to LE.....
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=71772&page=3
    post #60

I've been through the first four sets of docs, no meter reader tips as of yet...but I'm still looking
    Thanks Shutterfly!

I went through the Tips for that time period yesterday.
    Most of the tips were psychics or dreams. Some said died in the car in a parking garage. Some said when Caylee accidently died she had her dad help get rid of the body close to home. Another tip said Caylee was wrapped in a sheet to help the body burn faster. One that was erie said grandfather helped get rid of body. The body was next to an elementry school. Said George removed the body's clothes. Pink shoes nearby and a bear with a blue bow.

Also this was when Gale and her crew came. I think this might have caused alot of interference for LE. They could not understand why a psychic needs cadavar dogs. They made notes that she was really out to help herself because she kept mentioning her website or something.

i dont know if that anthony r was one of the responders or ? i am too lazy to read everything :-P

The meter reader did not stay at the scene the first call - the 2nd call wasn't a new report but to follow up on 1st call and that call went to crimeLine and the 3rd call was follow up and the officer showed up - There had also been a call from a neighbor near where the remains were found about an odor and it was attributed to a dead animal.
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

I wonder if KC put chemicals on the body..fertilizer or something that made the body not detectable by cadavor dogs? If they searched this area I wonder if that is what happened. I get confused b/c some say it was under water and some say it was not. JMO.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Please don't bash me for this BUT

Something just does not sit well with me about this meter reader. What was the urgency for him calling Aug. 11, 12, AND 13? If he had not looked in the bag, what drew is attention to it? We pass bags all the time and never do we suspect that there is a dead body in the bag. And on top of that, this same meter reader goes back to the scene on Dec 11th, and VOILA there's the body! I just don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post
    I wonder if KC put chemicals on the body..fertilizer or something that made the body not detectable by cadavor dogs? If they searched this area I wonder if that is what happened. I get confused b/c some say it was under water and some say it was not. JMO.
    The Meter reader said he SMELLED it, so why didn't the dogs SMELL IT?????

This whole things is wrong. Once again I don't think the MM did anything wrong, not involved in any way, but I don't think the body was in this place the whole time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast