IF Casey Gets Life in Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIND'HER

Reaction score
If KC in sentenced with Life in Prison that means she will never see her home again on Hopespings Road in Florida, or would she be able for parole in like 30 years. Like Susan Smith is.
According to the South Carolina Department of Corrections, Smith will be eligible for parole on November 4, 2024, after serving a minimum of thirty years. She is currently incarcerated at South Carolina's Leath Correctional Institution, near Greenwood.
So she will be 53 when she gets out.
Yes, Murders do get out !!

If KC serves 30 years she would be out in 2039 at the age of 52.

Eligible for parole doesn't mean you get out. Dianne Downs had the same type of sentencing and her parole was turned down last week.

Notoriety can really work against criminals at parole time if their case is very high profile in that it becomes very politicaly sensitive.
Just personaly if Casey gets life I hope she never breaths free air again.
Like the Manson Killers or Elmer Wayne Henley(who all ought to remain in prison IMHO) they will probably never get out even though far more dangerous criminals are released every day.
But their names arent household words.

In different areas of the US, this case has very little if any profile. (EX: West Coast, too narcissistic press, studying mass restaurant heists lay down customers and bicycle lanes).

If released, she could get lost in the general shuffle of people--out on manslaughter lesser charges. When released, her twitchiness from years of incarceration plus prison diet and garbage extras will make her a prematurely aged, bloated, whatever age she is. Also, her personality in dealing with others will have changed....to the more obvious quid pro quo. Vegas or Tahoe, watch out.....

LWOP, the same but easier in a way, that she's dealing with other felons.... and trash. But hopefully in FL, life means life... duration. In a way, KC is used to that.

As another poster pointed out: how ironic that KC killed Caylee for her own freedom, now to find out that Caylee will keep her from it forever. Ha ha.

I am a liberal in anything but crime. Go, spirit of Caylee: tell the cost of that freedom purchased so dearly at cost of your unopened, yet-to-be-lived life; tell it to LE and to everyone: let it be revealed.

Sorry. Dang it.

In different areas of the US, this case has very little if any profile. (EX: West Coast, too narcissistic press, studying mass restaurant heists lay down customers and bicycle lanes).

If released, she could get lost in the general shuffle of people--out on manslaughter lesser charges. When released, her twitchiness from years of incarceration plus prison diet and garbage extras will make her a prematurely aged, bloated, whatever age she is. Also, her personality in dealing with others will have changed....to the more obvious quid pro quo. Vegas or Tahoe, watch out.....

LWOP, the same but easier in a way, that she's dealing with other felons.... and trash. But hopefully in FL, life means life... duration. In a way, KC is used to that.
As another poster pointed out: how ironic that KC killed Caylee for her own freedom, now to find out that Caylee will keep her from it forever. Ha ha.

I am a liberal in anything but crime. Go, spirit of Caylee: tell the cost of that freedom purchased so dearly at cost of your unopened, yet-to-be-lived life; tell it to LE and to everyone: let it be revealed.

Sorry. Dang it.
'Liberal in anything but crime.' Me too exactly.
When it comes to crimes against children Im so far to the Right I make Benito Mussilini look like a sob sister.
Cases like this will do that to you.

Eligible for parole doesn't mean you get out. Dianne Downs had the same type of sentencing and her parole was turned down last week.

And rightly so!!!

In Florida, a life sentence means life without the possibility of parole.

'Liberal in anything but crime.' Me too exactly.
When it comes to crimes against children Im so far to the Right I make Benito Mussilini look like a sob sister.
Cases like this will do that to you.

Same. I was feeling at odds for that but I guess it isnt so unusual.

In Florida, a life sentence means life without the possibility of parole.

Thank you! I've posted this a couple of times already, but with so many postings, I'm sure I got lost in the shuffle!

Back in the 90's, a very special Statewide group of victims in Florida - victims that would not have been if their Offender were not released Early from prison - spent years lobbying to change the laws here in Florida. Trust me - there was NO Truth in Sentencing and we held the title off the #1 Crime State at that time. Prior to that, a Life Sentence was a 25 year minimum mandatory and now Life Means Life! And instead of MAYBE serving 15%-20% of their sentences on lesser charges (Rape, Second Degree Murder, etc....) as was the situation at the time, 85% must now be served!

And yes....I know all of this to be a fact because I was neck deep in that grassroots citizens initiative to make our law-makers right a wrong - and during that time, Sheriff Beary was very helpful in making those changes for all of us in this Great State of Florida - even if you are just visiting!

RR

Sorry. Dang it.

Just an fyi (and with all respect) - Caylee has had a lot of press here in California. This case has also been featured on the local news as well as magazine covers in the local grocery stores. I believe that a person would have to have been hiding under a rock for the past 5 months to not have heard something regarding this case.

Dunno why but I have this stupid feeling that she won't get the DP.

Dunno why but I have this stupid feeling that she won't get the DP.

You are right Madeline. She won't. I'm sure of that. They will be lucky to get a Murder 1 on this. Ratz.

You are right Madeline. She won't. I'm sure of that. They will be lucky to get a Murder 1 on this. Ratz.

SADLY I agree.I am not very optimistic since I've heard they couldn't establish COD :(

I HOPE they know what they're doing.I HOPE they have something that proves premeditation 100%.If they wanna get her for murder 1 they have to convince the jury it was premeditated.WIll be tough,LK Baden ain't stupid.

I'm also very liberal except with criminals and their penalties.

And personally I don't think Casey will make it out of prison alive- and if she does, it will not be in very good shape. Even hardened criminals despise people who kill babies- especially their own children. Someone will get their hands on her and execute justice a-la Jeffrey Dahmer.

Thank you! I've posted this a couple of times already, but with so many postings, I'm sure I got lost in the shuffle!

Back in the 90's, a very special Statewide group of victims in Florida - victims that would not have been if their Offender were not released Early from prison - spent years lobbying to change the laws here in Florida. Trust me - there was NO Truth in Sentencing and we held the title off the #1 Crime State at that time. Prior to that, a Life Sentence was a 25 year minimum mandatory and now Life Means Life! And instead of MAYBE serving 15%-20% of their sentences on lesser charges (Rape, Second Degree Murder, etc....) as was the situation at the time, 85% must now be served!

And yes....I know all of this to be a fact because I was neck deep in that grassroots citizens initiative to make our law-makers right a wrong - and during that time, Sheriff Beary was very helpful in making those changes for all of us in this Great State of Florida - even if you are just visiting!

RR

Thanks, RR, for your hard work on this issue! I live in FL and did not know this. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Also, I had the feeling with the Scott Peterson trial that he would not get the DP and was absolutely shocked when he did. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to get the DP but I just did not believe that he would. I remember being in a daze after they read the sentence because I really thought I had heard wrong.

God bless all those who have given to try to bring justice to Caylee.

Sincerely,
BeagleMom

I hope she gets life without parole if the death penalty is not an option....BUT if she only serves long enough to be in her 50's, her youthful freedom that she craved so much...will be a distant dream. She will never breed again and never again dance on stripper pole.

It's not perfect justice but I can live with that.

With the jails being crowded with so many murderers, I look for the laws to change all over. Prisoners will have to be executed on death row or life will only mean 20-30 years depending on age..........to many liberals that will not remember these vicious crimes and let these murderers walk free again.........makes me angry! IMO

I'm also very liberal except with criminals and their penalties.

And personally I don't think Casey will make it out of prison alive- and if she does, it will not be in very good shape. Even hardened criminals despise people who kill babies- especially their own children. Someone will get their hands on her and execute justice a-la Jeffrey Dahmer.

very true, IF she is not in protective custody jail cell........like manson.........:behindbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth