1271 users online (202 members and 1069 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    In different parts of this beautiful country we live in, we eat different foods. What foods does Benjamam prefer to eat?
    Rice or Potatoes
    tomato gravy or white gravy or brown gravy
    Steak or seafood
    grits or hash browns or biscuits with or without gravy
    The reason I am asking this, my husband is from Ms. and I, from La.
    My preferred foods: steak and brown gravy on rice
    My hubby preferred food: steak and potato with butter
    southern people love grits, up north alot of places don't have it and probably don't know what it is.
    My husband would prefer to eat tomato gravy with his biscuits
    I would prefer bacon with the biscuit, and white sausage gravy.
    My hubby is not big on seafood. Well I'm a cajun, I am sure you know what I like.
    How would he spell the word crawfish? crayfish?
    Prefer salmon, trout or catfish, bass, tilapia, tuna?
    Likes lobster? or shrimp?
    I grew up on rabbit, seafood, beef and pork.
    My husband, deer, turkey, beef and pork.
    Some people I know from up north, eat lots of deer and elk.
    What are your food eating habits. Does Ben like homemade soups and if so, what would he like in these soups?
    Gumbo, no tomatoes in mine, but friends I know from Ca. like tomatoes in there gumbo.
    He may not even know what Gumbo is, but if he does what would he like in it?
    Something to think about. Maybe Ben can give us some feed back, may help to weed down even further, the states.

1)Do you have any recollection of the vendors you may have worked with in the restaurant industry? If so, do you remember which products and from what vendor or vendors?

2)Do you recall the names of any private label products?

Thank you

While you guys are working on these questions, here is something to take into consideration-

LE is having a tough time determining what is actual memory for Mr. Kyle and what is learned. For example, our conversation regarding flatware-I know a whole lot of information regarding manufacturing flatware because I worked for a manufacturer. Mr. Kyle knows a lot, but is it because this was his background or is it because he has been researching so much, he remembers it??? He is extremely smart and his mind is a "steel trap" for information. He may know quite a bit about September 11, but not because he remembers it for himself...likely because he has read so much about it. And he does not know either-it is called source amnesia.

This is where it gets tricky determining what is a real memory...am I making sense?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    While you guys are working on these questions, here is something to take into consideration-

LE is having a tough time determining what is actual memory for Mr. Kyle and what is learned. For example, our conversation regarding flatware-I know a whole lot of information regarding manufacturing flatware because I worked for a manufacturer. Mr. Kyle knows a lot, but is it because this was his background or is it because he has been researching so much, he remembers it??? He is extremely smart and his mind is a "steel trap" for information. He may know quite a bit about September 11, but not because he remembers it for himself...likely because he has read so much about it. And he does not know either-it is called source amnesia.

This is where it gets tricky determining what is a real memory...am I making sense?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    believe09: You are making perfect sense to me.
    With all I have read about amnesia, that is the easiest thing to happen, that 'false' memories are there, with all the best of intentions.

Keep it simple is always my first theory. And in this case, the things he 'remembered' very early on might be more valid.
    And WS has uncovered some verification of memories, restaurants in Denver, that kind of thing.

Even the things he may have said to doctors or nurses very soon after Aug. 31, 2004. I hope he has his medical records by now. Perhaps that will help.

I noticed that he has always said he had fire ant bites when discovered, but the 911 responders, said he looked like he had sores all over his body. And certainly, fire ant bites can be inflamed and swollen, hence the name.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------
    believe09: You are making perfect sense to me.
    With all I have read about amnesia, that is the easiest thing to happen, that 'false' memories are there, with all the best of intentions.

Keep it simple is always my first theory. And in this case, the things he 'remembered' very early on might be more valid.
    And WS has uncovered some verification of memories, restaurants in Denver, that kind of thing.

Even the things he may have said to doctors or nurses very soon after Aug. 31, 2004. I hope he has his medical records by now. Perhaps that will help.

I noticed that he has always said he had fire ant bites when discovered, but the 911 responders, said he looked like he had sores all over his body. And certainly, fire ant bites can be inflamed and swollen, hence the name.
    My bold/italic. I just had the fact that they were fire ant bites verified, so this at least we know for sure LOL!!! I was wondering if they were sand fleas and was pondering whether or not the combination of sand fleas and a sunburn would indicate he started out at the beach somewhere...but they were in fact fire ant bites. The proximity of the dumpster helped the medical personnel make that determination.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Just as in the food theory, maybe NB can give us a idea of what Ben likes to eat. Food specifics can go a long way imo. NB might remember things like this that could be helpful.
    Rice or Potatoes(irish or red), Trout or Catfish, did he know what grits were or cream of wheat would have been prefered?

I'm going to be honest here, I'm not really sure how the food questions are relevant. It's my opinion, we have two sources of memories for Mr. Kyle. Childhood somewhere in Indiana, and memories of Colfax/restaurant knowledge in Denver. It's my opinion we should start from here and work our way out.

Between Mr. Kyles memories of the Denver area as well as Indiana I think we should just trust that and attempt to rule that out first unless something else comes along with verifiable proof to contradict or lead us elsewhere.

jmvho

Cubby

Yes, perfect sense.
    It's why I said that he needs to really try to make this the year he figures out who he is. The longer he's where he is, the more chance his speech will also change.

My bold/italic. I just had the fact that they were fire ant bites verified, so this at least we know for sure LOL!!! I was wondering if they were sand fleas and was pondering whether or not the combination of sand fleas and a sunburn would indicate he started out at the beach somewhere...but they were in fact fire ant bites. The proximity of the dumpster helped the medical personnel make that determination.
    If the doctors were decent they might know they were ant bites.. My hubby went to 2 doctors, neither knew what he had until it was biopsied. They thought he had poison sumach.

Quote Originally Posted by carolwood View Post
    Just as in the food theory, maybe NB can give us a idea of what Ben likes to eat. Food specifics can go a long way imo. NB might remember things like this that could be helpful.
    Rice or Potatoes(irish or red), Trout or Catfish, did he know what grits were or cream of wheat would have been prefered?
    I agree very much with the food. I think that gives a good idea of where he's from..

Me being from NJ wouldn't eat the stuff he's eating in Georgia if he's still there.

Even things like remembering products as I was saying in the one post may help to see what he remembers. Things like shampoo, they may not have made a specific shampoo in the 90's as the 80's. There are sites devoted to things from certain years.

Say he likes country music, here in NJ country music isn't as listened to as regular rock.

There is a song called Brandy by Looking glass he can hear it here. It was really popular in NJ because they come from Rutgers college in New Brunswick NJ (1969). I was mentioning the song at a rose forum I go to, people have never heard the song & they are the age from when it was popular. There's a rose called Brandy, every time I saw the rose I thought of the song lol

Next Ben, do you remember any of these? A few are specific to NYC and if you went to CBGB's
    Blondie - Detroit 442 (1977)
    Blondie - In The Flesh (1976)
    Blondie - Eat To The Beat
    Blondie - Heart Of Glass

AC/DC - Back in Black

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Love Rock N Roll

Guns n Roses Welcome to the Jungle

About music:
    I am about the same age as BK, and I remember all the songs by Blondie, AC/DC, Joan Jett, Guns n Roses, listed above.
    But, I really like rock n roll.

Does BK remember;
    Theme from Summer Place
    Palisades Park
    Louie Louie
    Cherish
    House of the Rising Sun
    Blowin' in the Wind
    Satisfaction
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I'm going to be honest here, I'm not really sure how the food questions are relevant. It's my opinion, we have two sources of memories for Mr. Kyle. Childhood somewhere in Indiana, and memories of Colfax/restaurant knowledge in Denver. It's my opinion we should start from here and work our way out.

Between Mr. Kyles memories of the Denver area as well as Indiana I think we should just trust that and attempt to rule that out first unless something else comes along with verifiable proof to contradict or lead us elsewhere.

jmvho

Cubby
    I understand, just particular's about the food that I think NB could answer for us. Especially the grits. Roselr can tell you, unless it happened recently, you can't buy grits in NJ, and I know in OH, IN for sure. I am sure Ben, if he is in the south somewhere, may have tasted grits by now, and the question would be, did he know what they were. Grits is a sort of southern half thing. Northern half prefer hash browns, cream of wheat for breakfast. Kind of the same with potatoes, southern prefer red, north prefer irish. Just a few things I picked up traveling the country with the hubby. jmo

I'm hearing ya Carolwood, but I am from Chicago and my recollection of grits, goes back to highway vacation driving and stopping for eats at Howard Johnsons and Days Inn enroute from Chi town to Disney.. when I was a tiny tot before I knew of bell bottoms and have funny pictures of myself in halter tops and my first memory of sandals...

IMO, an old baseball players name would mean more than food. Only so many remember ball players, games, positions... games.... Kind of in a Brooklyn Dodgers kind of way...

I think they are all good suggestion/questions.
    The more he can tell us that feels right to him the easier it might be to figure out where he's from.

<>Off topic</>I've been doing a lot of reading here; he's been compared to just about everyone fitting his description in the US. It's my opinion that he may not have been reported missing or he's been assumed dead. The Canada possibility is also something to bring back up.

If it was normal for him to travel for his job his relatives might think he just lost touch; or he could be like me with all of my family in Europe with parents that came here.

I also want to add that everyone has done a wonderful job.
    2009 is the year he'll figure it out.<>END Off topic</>

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I'm hearing ya Carolwood, but I am from Chicago and my recollection of grits, goes back to highway vacation driving and stopping for eats at Howard Johnsons and Days Inn enroute from Chi town to Disney.. when I was a tiny tot before I knew of bell bottoms and have funny pictures of myself in halter tops and my first memory of sandals...

IMO, an old baseball players name would mean more than food. Only so many remember ball players, games, positions... games.... Kind of in a Brooklyn Dodgers kind of way...
    I think the food angle has merit, BK mentioned a grilled cheese from the state fair (as part of a memory IIRC?) Not that it in itself eliminates a lot of possibilities BUT on the other hand, what if a certain food memory links him to a person? For example, we had an elderly aunt who flew to visit us once every few years. When she visited, she made Dobesh Torte (sp?) and streudel (sp?). When I lived in the south, everyone called soda "Coke". I would tease them because not everything was "Coke", and they would tease me because I said "pop". It's probably a long road to take with this particular memory, but as I said, if somehow a food/drink can relate his memory to a person or event, it could narrow something down.

I guess I'm just thinking at this point, anything could trigger a memory. IMO and I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    I think the food angle has merit, BK mentioned a grilled cheese from the state fair (as part of a memory IIRC?) Not that it in itself eliminates a lot of possibilities BUT on the other hand, what if a certain food memory links him to a person? For example, we had an elderly aunt who flew to visit us once every few years. When she visited, she made Dobesh Torte (sp?) and streudel (sp?). When I lived in the south, everyone called soda "Coke". I would tease them because not everything was "Coke", and they would tease me because I said "pop". It's probably a long road to take with this particular memory, but as I said, if somehow a food/drink can relate his memory to a person or event, it could narrow something down.

I guess I'm just thinking at this point, anything could trigger a memory. IMO and I could be wrong.
    My point exactly, in the south, Everything is Coke, including Pepsi, Rootbeer, etc. I can never remember saying "I am going to the store to get pop" or "soda".
    Up north Pepsi is everywhere.

Ben, another question - In the national enquirer article you are seen wearing a flannel shirt, is that your choice of clothes to hang around in?

How about the hat (baseball hat) you had on? Is that something you like to wear too?

Quote Originally Posted by carolwood View Post
    My point exactly, in the south, Everything is Coke, including Pepsi, Rootbeer, etc. I can never remember saying "I am going to the store to get pop" or "soda".
    Up north Pepsi is everywhere.
    It's soda in NJ - or we refer to it specific to brand.
    If I have coke on hand I ask if someone wants coke - or pepsi if I have that.

If I'm offering Iced tea - it's that not sweet tea.
    If I have a brand I'll say Snapple or Lipton, Nestea

The other thing would be footwear. We do not call them tennis or basketball shoes but sneakers.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast