Caylee makes TIME magazine's top 10 list...

pregodego2

Inactive
Reaction score
If you happen to recieve TIME mag or see it somewhere, checkout lower lefthand corner of the cover page. They had a bunch of lists for the top-10's of 2008.

TOP 10 CRIME STORIES:
1. prison for OJ
2. Jennifer Hudson's loss
3. A Ranch Raid
4. The Dungeon of Amstetten
5. Missing Child: Caylee Anthony
6. A Bus Beheading
7. The Killing of Anchorwoman
8. France's $7 billion Bank Bust
9. The con man - rockafeller
10. Murder and Financial Crisis

It's bittersweet to see her on there. I wish this hadn't happened, I'm glad it got so much exposure, I'm deeply frustrated that tagging along Caylee's name is always Casey's and she doesn't deserve ANY recognition or "fame". But sweet caylee does. Like I said..bittersweet moment seeing this list in my mail today.

If you happen to recieve TIME mag or see it somewhere, checkout lower lefthand corner of the cover page. They had a bunch of lists for the top-10's of 2008.

TOP 10 CRIME STORIES:
1. prison for OJ
2. Jennifer Hudson's loss
3. A Ranch Raid
4. The Dungeon of Amstetten
5. Missing Child: Caylee Anthony
6. A Bus Beheading
7. The Killing of Anchorwoman
8. France's $7 billion Bank Bust
9. The con man - rockafeller
10. Murder and Financial Crisis

It's bittersweet to see her on there. I wish this hadn't happened, I'm glad it got so much exposure, I'm deeply frustrated that tagging along Caylee's name is always Casey's and she doesn't deserve ANY recognition or "fame". But sweet caylee does. Like I said..bittersweet moment seeing this list in my mail today.

Not to take anything away from sweet little Caylee, but I find it sad that other missing and murdered children do not receive the same nationwide outpouring of love and support that she has received. It's a sad fact that children are killed at an alarming rate in our country, often by the people who are supposed to care for them the most. The media has put Caylee in the spotlight. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but don't the other children's lives hold the same value? Is the murder of a child born to drug addicted parents less worthing of public outcry? Is the life of a child born into poverty not deserving of a few media articles? All those other murdered children, forgotten without anyone knowing what song they could sing, what book was their favorite, how much they loved to swim in a pool or beat on a drum set. Shouldn't they all be just as special? Shouldn't our hearts bleed equally for each and every one of them? Caylee's name will always be remembered. Those other children? Their names were never known.

Not to take anything away from sweet little Caylee, but I find it sad that other missing and murdered children do not receive the same nationwide outpouring of love and support that she has received. It's a sad fact that children are killed at an alarming rate in our country, often by the people who are supposed to care for them the most. The media has put Caylee in the spotlight. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but don't the other children's lives hold the same value? Is the murder of a child born to drug addicted parents less worthing of public outcry? Is the life of a child born into poverty not deserving of a few media articles? All those other murdered children, forgotten without anyone knowing what song they could sing, what book was their favorite, how much they loved to swim in a pool or beat on a drum set. Shouldn't they all be just as special? Shouldn't our hearts bleed equally for each and every one of them? Caylee's name will always be remembered. Those other children? Their names were never known.

Chilly,

I know how you feel, but Caylee gave us a life and face of a missing child. Most times people hear of a child missing but never get to see the child in videos and hear them singing and see all the beautiful things these children did and loved. People will remember her and they will think of this the next time they hear of a child missing, they may take better notice of things going on around them. This horrible story will make people realize we need to pay attention. No one questioned KC story, or looked into it, even CA knew something was wrong, but didn't get involved until it was too late. I am not blaming her, I am just saying, when we feel something is wrong or not right, we need to act. We can apologize later, if we are wrong.

I like to point out all the time that Casey would like to believe all this attention was for her BUT it wasn't. The attention was a result of the country falling in love with a little girl, I find it ironic that we all fell in love with this child and her own mother didn't. This case has made me sadder then any case I've followed, I still cry when I see the video of her. I feel sympathy for the Anthonys but I wish they would do something positive like speak to other parents who are pretending things are ok with their adult children, the Anthonys KNEW WITHOUT A DOUBT that their daughter was a nut job and did NOTHING ABOUT IT! VERY SAD!

I know what captured my attention was the fact that a 2yr old baby had been missing for 30 days before her mother called the police and that upset me that she was not helped and protected by her mother. I think KC will go down in history as the worst mother ever.....the Anthony's will write a book make a million live in a big house drive a nice car but IMO they will never be happy.

I love that Caylee made the list and not the A's or Casey. Finally she is getting the spot light. Well hopefully i haven't read it yet. I hate the media saying up next new developements in the Casey A case. This case should be called the Caylee A case! even when theyare talking about the murder case. respect something this child seems to have never recieved.

I think we are seeing an outpouring of society saying, "We aren't going to stand for anymore abuse against children." Caylee for whatever reasons only the universe would know has become the poster child for all children of abuse. Caylee has been societys wake-up call to pay more attention to this maglignant problem.

I think we are seeing an outpouring of society saying, "We aren't going to stand for anymore abuse against children." Caylee for whatever reasons only the universe would know has become the poster child for all children of abuse. Caylee has been societys wake-up call to pay more attention to this maglignant problem.

Been thinking this myself. Too many memorials and laws named after dead children. Time someone... maybe us .... did something to get in front of the problem more often and not ALWAYS behind it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back