1276 users online (245 members and 1031 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    169

    Defense says they decline to examine site where remains found?

    This is the first time I have started a thread, so if I have misplaced this, please correct me.

    http://news.bostonherald.com/news/na...icleid=1140368

    I hadn't seen this mentioned in the threads and thought I'd post it. At the end of the article is where the defense supposedly says that they will not examine the area where the remains were found. What do all you make of this?

    Aqua

  2. #2
    Lisa-Rachelle's Avatar
    Lisa-Rachelle is offline instinc is a powerful gift, and should never be ignored.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Jackson, TN
    Posts
    259
    They know there isnt any point.

    The purpose of their endless WHINING about the scene when it was first discovered was because they were hoping they could RUSH the state out of there, only to come to court and bash them for rushing and not carefully and methodically examining the area (at least, thats my opinion).

    They realize the state dotted their I's and crossed their T's in triplicate with this crime scene, so they are moving on to other endeavors.

    Typical *big eye roll from me*
    Monster; noun: any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normal shape, behavior or character, someone who excites horror by wickedness or cruelty. see; Casey Anthony

    *Justice for C.M.A*

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    169
    Yes, I see your point and agree. But they made such a big deal about bringing their own people in to investigate and then to say, "Oh never mind" makes them look even more clueless than before.
    Last edited by AquaEyes; 12-22-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: better wording

  4. #4
    Coley's Avatar
    Coley is offline You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    War Eagle
    Posts
    1,728
    They are just throwing a temper tantrum b/c they got turned away when Mr. Lee and JB showed up at the scene. Boo Hoo.
    Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

    If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


    "I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,158
    PR. The defense is fine with not going there. Though they complained all the while processing of the crime scene was going on that it was taking too long, later they will say that sloppy work was done. The only option they SAID was okay was for the defense group of experts to be present along with LE. Of course, that option was inappropriate.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Coley View Post
    They are just throwing a temper tantrum b/c they got turned away when Mr. Lee and JB showed up at the scene. Boo Hoo.
    I wish they would spend some time practicing so it wasn't so obvious

  7. #7
    A thought just occurred to me. The crime scene was released at the same time Caylee's ID was confirmed. It almost seems as if the defense only wanted access to the crime scene while it was not confirmed it was Caylee.

    Coincidence? Or would they have a reason to do that?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,701
    BeanE, the remains were confirmed on Friday, and the site released on Saturday. LE immediately served and executed a warrant at the Anthony home on Saturday after they released the scene.

    But your thoughts as to why they would want access BEFORE the scene was cleared and not afterward is an interesting one. A couple of thoughts come to my mind. One is that the scene would have been "horribly compromised" by LE. The second is that it sets the stage for when the defense team examines the report to say "If you'd have allowed our experts in, we could have given you a more informed opinion. As it is, with your crime scene techs walking here and there, how are we to know what evidence was destroyed?" Remember, Henry Lee was taking a ton of photos of crime scene techs entering and exiting the site. It turns out to be a win/win for the defense. Not let in, the techs destroyed evidence ala the techs in the OJ trial. Let in, the defense could say that even the State defers to the experts they provided.

    Blech. Grandstanding and excellent gamesmanship. Too bad it's a game they are playing after the homicide of a little girl.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    I wish they would spend some time practicing so it wasn't so obvious
    ITA!
    My Mom told me (and showed me) that "Parent is a verb, not a noun" ~ thanks Mom

  10. #10
    Coley's Avatar
    Coley is offline You are damned if you do and damned if you don't
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    War Eagle
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    A thought just occurred to me. The crime scene was released at the same time Caylee's ID was confirmed. It almost seems as if the defense only wanted access to the crime scene while it was not confirmed it was Caylee.

    Coincidence? Or would they have a reason to do that?

    Or so maybe HL could take something from the CS kinda like the fake nail.
    Baez Anthony Law Firm 1.888.URA.FOOL

    If you don't like someone or something they are doing why not lend an opinion before making one?


    "I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong." -Bertrand Russell


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    296
    This is just another temper tantrum from the defense. They didn't get there way, so now they stomp their feet and say they don't want it anymore. Much like a 2 year old does.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    BeanE, the remains were confirmed on Friday, and the site released on Saturday. LE immediately served and executed a warrant at the Anthony home on Saturday after they released the scene.

    But your thoughts as to why they would want access BEFORE the scene was cleared and not afterward is an interesting one. A couple of thoughts come to my mind. One is that the scene would have been "horribly compromised" by LE. The second is that it sets the stage for when the defense team examines the report to say "If you'd have allowed our experts in, we could have given you a more informed opinion. As it is, with your crime scene techs walking here and there, how are we to know what evidence was destroyed?" Remember, Henry Lee was taking a ton of photos of crime scene techs entering and exiting the site. It turns out to be a win/win for the defense. Not let in, the techs destroyed evidence ala the techs in the OJ trial. Let in, the defense could say that even the State defers to the experts they provided.

    Blech. Grandstanding and excellent gamesmanship. Too bad it's a game they are playing after the homicide of a little girl.
    Argh! You're right. I don't know why I was thinking it was the same day.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,302
    IMO it's another game of tit for tat..we want to look at the scene..okay when we're done..oh nevermind. We didn't get our way the first time so now we don't want it at all. IMO it is a HUGE mistake for the defense and will come back and bite them in the butt.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness
    .

  14. #14
    The defense knew they would not be allowed in the crime scene while the investigation was ongoing. It was ridiculous for them to even bring it up. Then when the time came for them to obtain access...they acted like spoiled children, imo. "If we couldn't see it when we wanted to...we don't want to now!" (stomping feet, taking their toys, and huffing off towards NY to Geraldo's studio and Yacht club.)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,629
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    I wish they would spend some time practicing so it wasn't so obvious

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. The Remains Site-Revisited
    By Brini in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 07:56 AM
  2. US - Supreme Court... Defense Has A Right To Cross-Examine Forensic Experts
    By Wudge in forum General Information & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 05:38 PM
  3. Does the Defense Team read this site?
    By badmotorvision in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 11:32 AM
  4. Interesting Info about Site where remains found
    By Truthful Lies in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 12:20 AM
  5. Defense to examine the Sunfire this a.m.
    By Stella5 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 04:05 PM