GUILTY SC - Aretha 'Maria' Fernandez, 31, Union, 3 Sept 2008

tehcloser

Reaction score
UNION, S.C. (AP) -- When Susie Fernandez drives, she tries to glimpse every face in passing cars. In stores, she glances at people in aisles and checkout lines.

She's been doing it ever since her daughter, a nurse and devoted mother of a little boy, vanished in September.

"You try to have faith," said Fernandez, who fears her 31-year-old daughter is dead. "Not knowing what happened is just unbearable. It just consumes your life. You just have this pain in your heart that won't go away."

The sharpest pangs come from two thoughts: Fernandez said she believes she knows who is responsible for her daughter's disappearance, and she doesn't feel anybody outside her family is paying attention.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MISSING_NURSE?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

I saw this on yahoo.com this morning. I had never heard about her daughter before. Hopefully this will get LE on the ball.

Looks like Websleuthers need to start a writing campaign to Nancy Grace and Greta. Maybe even AMW!

I'm game. Let's find out what happened to this young mom and daughter!

JMHO
fran

Prayers to this mother searching for her daughter. May the Lord give her strength during this difficult time. And prayers to all of Maria's family.

If the cops suspect foul play, why do they not have a search warrant for the boyfriend's home? It is so scary thinking he killed your daughter and then has custody of your grandson. This is like the Stibeck case. My heart bleeds for this grandmother.

Yes, emails to Nancy Grace and Greta and AMW are warranted.

Salem

This is an aside - but how has this young woman been missing for 3 months and this is the first we are hearing about it? There must not have been much in the local media..... Maybe we need to email them also?

Salem

Remains Tentatively Identified As Missing Woman's
Dental Records Identify Skeletal Remains, Sheriff Says
http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/18440144/detail.html#-

Sheriff says remains likely missing SC nurse

A South Carolina sheriff said Thursday afternoon he is "99.9 percent sure" human remains found in a wooded area in Union County are a missing nurse.

Sheriff David Taylor and several other law enforcement officials broke the news to the family of 31-year-old Maria Fernandez before heading to talk to reporters.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20090108/APA/901082209

Prayers with the family.

This is an aside - but how has this young woman been missing for 3 months and this is the first we are hearing about it? There must not have been much in the local media..... Maybe we need to email them also?

Salem

I live an hour from Union, and have family that live in Union. I watch the news every night, and this is the first I'm hearing about this missing woman.

Remains ID'd As Missing Nurse
Skeletal Remains Found In Union County Woods

"UNION, S.C. -- Remains found in a wooded area of Union County last week are those of a missing nurse whose death has now been classified as homicide, Sheriff David Taylor said Monday afternoon.

Taylor said that forensic dentistry has determined the remains to be Artetha Maria Fernandez, 31, who had been missing since September."

http://www.wyff4.com/news/18438367/detail.html

My deepest sympathy to Maria's family and friends.

Prayers to Maria's family and friends. She is so pretty!

LE has not contacted the boyfriend since the remains were found and tentatively identified..... but the boyfriend has the child.

It is so scary to me that a child must stay with a person who is suspected of murder. Why can't the child be removed for the child's safety until the investigation is completed? I know we should not punish innocent people, but couldn't something be worked out so that the child was with a person or family everyone agreed on and the child felt safe with, just until the suspected person is either cleared or arrested?

It's the same in the Stibec and Peterson cases. Kids are with the dads and both dads are suspects. Just scary, in my opinion.

I hope they arrest the person who did this soon.

Salem

I couldn't find Maria listed on WS, surprised since she had been missing since September. At least the family has some answers now.

http://www.wyff4.com/cnn-news/18672242/detail.html

UNION, S.C. -- The boyfriend of a Union Count nurse whose remains were found months after she disappeared has been charged in her death.

Jamel Good, 28, is charged with murder in the death of Maria Fernandez. Good was arrested outside his home Monday morning.

Investigators said that Good is not cooperating with them and that they are asking anyone with information about the case to come forward.

Thanks Kat! That really frustrates me, I put in her name and nothing came up on a search. Appreciate the help, mods please feel free to delete, I posted the new info on the other thread.

Bump for Maria chicagofa13 just posted some news on another thread, asking a mod to bring it over.

Thanks Kat!!

Here it is...the boyfriend has been arrested.

http://www.wyff4.com/cnn-news/18672242/detail.html

UNION, S.C. -- The boyfriend of a Union Count nurse whose remains were found months after she disappeared has been charged in her death.

Jamel Good, 28, is charged with murder in the death of Maria Fernandez. Good was arrested outside his home Monday morning.

Investigators said that Good is not cooperating with them and that they are asking anyone with information about the case to come forward.

I live an hour from Union, and have family that live in Union. I watch the news every night, and this is the first I'm hearing about this missing woman.

I live in Columbia about an hour from Union and had not heard about this case until the discovery of her body...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back