Family to Hold Public Memorial Service for Caylee

snvoigt

Reaction score
ORLANDO, Fla. — The attorney for the family of a murdered Orlando toddler says a public memorial service will be held for the little girl.

Orlando lawyer Brad Conway said Tuesday that George and Cindy Anthony, the girl's grandparents, will hold both a private service and a public memorial for Caylee Marie.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,471664,00.html

If this is repost or has been discussed, please feel free to move, merge, or delete.

shauna

This is fine because the last thread is now in the parking Lot. It was too long and instead of opening a new one, I thought I would let people finish their bickering out there.
So now we have a nice new one and perhaps we can stay on topic :)

i think this is the first display of normal, decent behaviour i've seen ..... just waiting for the other shoe to drop, tbh.

ORLANDO, Fla. — The attorney for the family of a murdered Orlando toddler says a public memorial service will be held for the little girl.

Orlando lawyer Brad Conway said Tuesday that George and Cindy Anthony, the girl's grandparents, will hold both a private service and a public memorial for Caylee Marie.

Very good. I hope this brings everyone some closure.

Oh I like this thread better already LOL.

I think this really is the best solution. I don't blame the family for wanting a private goodbye, but at the same time there are so many members of the public who want to acknowledge Caylee's life and the effect her death has had on all of us.

Hopefully they will get the privacy they want and deserve during the closed ceremony.

It sounds like Mr. Conway has managed to be the voice of reason, and I'm so glad to see that C&G seem to be heeding his good advice. He is doing a job no one else has been able to successfully accomplish.

Supposedly the Anthonys were thinking of asking for donations... they can't really expect the public (given how many feel about them and about Casey) to give money, if they're holding a private service. IMO, having a public memorial gives them a better chance of bringing in donations.
Okay, that has been kaboshed and they are not asking for donations. So let's dump that topic. But if you want to discuss it, please do so in the Parking Lot thread. It does get a bit distracting.

trying to keep the shoe from dropping.

I don't think the Anthonys will really have a public memorial. I think they are saying they will so the private memorial will remain private.

If the community thought there would not be a public memorial they may show up at the private ceremony. I also bet the Anthonys will say the public memorial will be scheduled after the private one. Again, this is to keep the private memorial, private. They don't want the media, community, etc. there. If they say that there isn't going to be a public memorial service, then others will plan one, and the As don't really want that.

Now, I personally do not care what the As plan. It is their right to plan a memorial as they want. So, I'm not complaining about the memorial. I am saying that the As are going to mislead the public about the memorial, as they have tried to do throughout this sad situation.

Respectfully,
BeagleMom

I don't want them to have a public memorial. I think it will just turn into a media circus. I think each of us can find a way to memorialize Caylee that works for us.

Funerals are open to whomever the family wants to include. one of our members died last month and I really wanted to attend the service. But they wanted a private family affair and of course I was not included in that. Funerals are for the living, not the dead and everyone wants to memorialize their own way.

Good grief people. We are talking about the service for a Baby girl that met her maker far too soon.

I think it's good that they recognize just how many lives have been affected by Caylee. She was such a bright angel.

Good grief people. We are talking about the service for a Baby girl that met her maker far too soon.

I have been to services for children and young adults and it is something I do not care to do again.

The last paragraph of the article just made me gasp, the wording was ill chosen with regard to Casey not being permited to "view" Caylee?

Maybe she should.

Funerals are open to whomever the family wants to include. one of our members died last month and I really wanted to attend the service. But they wanted a private family affair and of course I was not included in that. Funerals are for the living, not the dead and everyone wants to memorialize their own way.

I agree. Funerals are for the living. I personally believe beautiful Caylee has found peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back