Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Young Boys Found Severely Beaten at Phoenix, AZ Park

Two Young Boys Found Severely Beaten at Phoenix, AZ Park

My heart go out to the family of the two boys this holiday season. No apparent motive. Attack was extremely violent. Perp was arrested.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/s...nattacked.html

An arrest has been made in an attack on two young boys found severely injured after being beaten at a park on Tuesday afternoon, police said. The cousins, ages 10 and 7, suffered what was described as severe head trauma and remained in extremely critical condition on Wednesday morning, police said.(more and video at the below link)
    Last edited by SuziQ; 12-24-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Remove gobbledygook-typo

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

More photos and video at the below link:

http://www.azfamily.com/yahoo_rss/st...a.20e51a3.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Absolutely horrifying.

This man could have critically harmed these young children with his bare hands, and yet, he still used an aluminum baseball bat.
    I hope they pull out okay and are not severely disfigured or mentally traumatized for the rest of their lives.
    Bring the Missing Home!!!
    Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

God watch over baby Gabriel Johnson
    Tips: gabrieljohnson.tips@gmail.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewMommy09 For This Useful Post:

I want to know who made this bad decision.

(snip)
    Family members told 3TV Gallegos recently got out of a mental institution, despite a court order that should have kept him there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Police release new details in beating

December 24th, 2008
    Police release new details about the boys' condition after being severely beaten Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.azfamily.com/video/3tvext...d=316120&shu=1

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Suspect has history of mental health problems

December 24th, 2008
    According to family of the suspect, he has a history of mental health problems.

http://www.azfamily.com/video/3tvext...d=316171&shu=1

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Horrible! I looked at the video and this was what we call a tot lot. It wasn't like the kids were in a huge public park, just playing a couple of doors down on at a little neighborhood play park.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CASuzk For This Useful Post:

One of the two boys attacked Tuesday afternoon in a public park is not expected to survive, friends of the family said Wednesday.
    Tests are still being done on both boys, and both are still listed in critical condition, friends of the family said. (More at link)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

"About six months ago, Gallegos allegedly called police to report he killed his two sons in the attic of his home. Officers arrived to find that no such crime had occurred."

Sounds like he was delusional. My prayers for the victims and their families, especially around Christmas..

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeoW333 For This Useful Post:

This is terrible! I wonder if the boys being the same age as his own children "triggered" something? My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Megs For This Useful Post:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...0,458163.story

Police: Boys found severely beaten at Phoenix park not expected to survive, suspect arrested.

God be with these little boys.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

God bless the families of these boys. I am praying with all my heart that they pull through this. Why would someone do this? They were just little kids.
    Happy New Years

24. The Following User Says Thank You to teonspaleprincess For This Useful Post:

We need to start building more asylums in this country and placing people like this man in them to live their lives if medication doesn't help or if they continually refuse to take it. It's scary to think that there are probably lots of lunatics like this man out running around in public.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I want to know who made this bad decision.

(snip)
    Family members told 3TV Gallegos recently got out of a mental institution, despite a court order that should have kept him there.
    I can't imagine why they would ever let this happen. It's obviously a MAJOR mistake. Whoever did this is going to feel horrible for the rest of their lives.
    Buttons updated 07/22/2014-2014

Thinking of Sue

Thanks Steadfast for the spinning Buffalo Bills Emu

Made by HD ----->

Warning: Some buttons may be offensive!
    BAD WORDS AND OFFENSIVE MATERIAL
    AND STUFF LIKE THAT THERE!!

Any News?

Anything new? I couldn't find anything today. I've been thinking about these little guys all night. My thoughts and prayers are with them and their family.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobler View Post
    Anything new? I couldn't find anything today. I've been thinking about these little guys all night. My thoughts and prayers are with them and their family.
    I went to bed thinking about them, I woke up thinking about them. Sadly it appears neither child will survive:

(snip)
    Two boys were not expected to survive injuries they suffered when attacked at a west Phoenix park with what appeared to be a baseball bat.

Thank You SuziQ- again my prayers are with them. It's very difficult to even comprehend what their parents are going through, but today of all days I am praying for a miracle.

Prayers going up for both of these boys families.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    We need to start building more asylums in this country and placing people like this man in them to live their lives if medication doesn't help or if they continually refuse to take it. It's scary to think that there are probably lots of lunatics like this man out running around in public.
    asylums?? uh, do you personally know anyone with schitzophrenia? 99 percent of them aren't violent and don't do things like this. This is highly unusual. Most violent crimes are committed by your average sociopath or antisocial personality - who are not mentally ill and walking around freely all the time, and can't be committed. you can't just commit people based on what you think they might eventually do.
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

Um, sorry future criminologist, but I think txsvicki has a valid point. I also think that it's spelled schizophrenia, and would like to know where you can up with that 99 percent statistic. Off the top of my head, and on television...just the other day...was the case of the schizo man who pushed that beautiful woman onto the subway platform. Also, the case of that schizo woman, who shot up an elementary school. So, it isn't so highly unusual. I guess since it's the holidays, I get a little sensitive,and defensive, and thought your post was a little condescending to txsV.
    Peace.

Police say one of two boys who were brutally attacked at a west Phoenix park on Tuesday has died.
    Jesse Ramirez, 7, succumbed to his injuries Friday morning, according to a statement issued by Sgt. Tommy Thompson, a Phoenix police spokesman. (more at link)

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...attack-ON.html

35. The Following User Says Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Ive just read this thread and want to say I am so terribly saddened to hear of Jesse's death. Deepest sympathy to his family. I am sending prayers and love to the other boy.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bewick Lady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bewick Lady View Post
    Ive just read this thread and want to say I am so terribly saddened to hear of Jesse's death. Deepest sympathy to his family. I am sending prayers and love to the other boy.
    Same here. It's just so sad. I can't imagine the pain both families are going through.

I am also very sad about this, but I feel more ANGER than sadness. I am furious about this. How DARE this guy do this to innocent little children? I don't care if he has mental issues or not, and I know that is not very politically correct of me. It is also not very politically correct of me to say that I think he deserves the exact same punishment that he inflicted upon these two defenseless babies. He KNEW what he did was wrong - that's why the police said he was so nervous and acting like he had something to hide.

I cannot imagine how their parents feel right now. I do know that if I was one of their parents, I would be seeing fit that there was an eye for an eye. Again, another comment that is not P.C.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to eleven For This Useful Post:

I read an article saying the 7-year old has died. His 10-year old cousin is still in bad shape.

My prayers for this family and I suspect that the man who beat them will be institutionalized for life now.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast