FL - Riley Buchness, 6 months, Miami, December 2008 - *Hoax revealed*

TGIRecovered

Reaction score
http://cbs4.com/local/riley.buchness.child.2.894801.html

Riley, who is about a foot tall, white, with a single tooth, was last seen wearing a white onesie with blue jeans. His hair is in a mohawk style, he has one tooth, and a fake tattoo on his left arm of an anchor.

The child may be in the company of 20 to 30 year old "Camille" with an unknown last name and speaks with a heavy French accent. She is a white, 5 feet 5 inches tall, 130 pounds, very long brown hair, brown eyes, and a gap between her teeth.

This six month old baby was reported missing Dec.23rd.
I decided to go ahead and post it in discussion since the details sounded so screwy to me.

* only one foot tall...seriously, 12 inches?

* a mohawk on a baby barely old enough to sit up? (Did they just comb it up, or did they actually shave that baby's head?)

* a fake tattoo...not Little Bear or The Wiggles, but an anchor?

And then there's the kidnapper, Zan...I mean, Camille- no-last-name, with a heavy french accent. Could they have been a bit more creative?

I hope the baby is okay, but it doesn't sound good. Just think, this baby was born about the time Caylee went missing!

Susan

http://cbs4.com/local/riley.buchness.child.2.894801.html

This six month old baby was reported missing Dec.23rd.
I decided to go ahead and post it in discussion since the details sounded so screwy to me.

* only one foot tall...seriously, 12 inches?

* a mohawk on a baby barely old enough to sit up? (Did they just comb it up, or did they actually shave that baby's head?)

* a fake tattoo...not Little Bear or The Wiggles, but an anchor?

And then there's the kidnapper, Zan...I mean, Camille- no-last-name, with a heavy french accent. Could they have been a bit more creative?

I hope the baby is okay, but it doesn't sound good. Just think, this baby was born about the time Caylee went missing!

Susan

The description sounds screwy to me also, foot tall? Perhaps reporter was in a hurry.

The mohawk does not suprise me, I have seen a few.

The tatoos are pretty common, I just gave some to my 3 year old nephew, his parents were not pleased. I really did not think. My boys loved tatoos and the only ones I ever found looked like ones adults wear, roses, thorns etc.

If the kidnapper is real, I am hoping it is someone parrents hung out with, chances are the baby will be recovered safely.(IMO)

Would like to know more about the actual situation, hope this child is found safe and soon.

I just read about this and rushed over to make sure someone had posted about it during this holiday season. The "Camille" aspect of the story made my hinky meter go off. I hope this does not turn out the same way as Caylee.

How do you let someone watch your infant without getting a background check? At least a last name for cripes sake! God be with little Riley.

ETA: Did you notice the article states missing since Nov. 23 and the photo caption says Dec. 23.
http://www.miamiherald.com/459/story/826469.html This article says the baby is 11 pounds at six months old. I'm guessing that maybe the poor baby has some sort of medical condition. Unless the parents really have no idea how much their baby really weighed.

I had the same bells go off as everyone else, it seems. Florida, last seen with a nanny only known by one name, and no one has ever been to her house??? This sounds way too familiar for my liking. Even with all evidence to the contrary in the Caylee case, this story made me wonder...what if there is a serial baby snacher? Same age, same hair...what if Zenaida could never be found because she made herself up, not KC?

The mother said in the interview, below: ''I don't even know if he's dead or alive"
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/826570.html

That statement made me take a pause... it feels off. Also something else that feels off: they don't know the babysitters last name, yet the mother told the babysitter the baby could stay with her Tuesday night because she (the mother) was running out of the house (at 5pm).

makes me want to run an ad saying "If you don't want your child bring them to me." No questions asked.

i hope this isnt another parent doing a copycat of casey ? or mabey like another poster said mabey there is really some kind of child predator wow

Yeah alot of this does sound kind of hinky My first thoughts were

1. Does sound very familiar with the CA case.

2. If there really is a nanny and she did have the baby, maybe they did get into an accident, one of the articles I read said that per police the nanny isnt answering her text messages or phone calls. The way it was worded it sounds like the police tried to call her and text her too.

I just can't get over the fact that they do not know her last name.

The story was fabricated.

http://cbs4.com/local/riley.buchness.child.2.895140.html

Megan McCormick has been charged with filing a false police report for claiming this child was her son and disappeared December 23rd. Police say she lied about the whole story and she does not have a son who is missing.

The search for a baby, reportedly missing since December 23rd has been called off after Miami police say the whole story was fabricated by a woman who claimed to be the missing child's mother.

That woman, Megan McCormick, has now been charged with filing a false police report. According to Miami police detective Freddy Ponce, Megan McCormick made up the story about her missing 6-month old son to cover up the fact that she had a miscarriage six months ago and didn't want her boyfriend, John Buchness, to know the truth. Detective Ponce explained to CBS4's Marybel Rodriguez that when Buchness came to town for the holidays to visit McCormick and his son, she made up the story about the baby disappearing with a nanny.

Trouble is, police say, there was no baby and there was no nanny. McCormick found the picture of a child on the internet and made up the story. She claimed the baby was last seen with a nanny named Camille on December 23rd but McCormick didn't have a last name for the nanny or an address.

Thanks,
Soulscape

As frustrated as I am that this woman would go to these links to keep her boyfriend or dupe him, I'm glad there is no missing baby.

Can you imagine if the real parents of that little guy saw his picture in the media listed as missing?

Bizarre! I just do not understand. Do these people not realize that, at some point down the road, someone is going to call them on these elaborate lies?

Pathetic people making up stories for attention, as they see it has worked for Casey Anthony is what it is!

Wow, she's an even worse liar than Casey! Although I do feel for this woman and can cut her some slack due to the extreme grief of losing her child. At least she isn't a murderer.

I'm so glad that this is a hoax. Am also glad that there isn't a 12-inch tall little boy out there.

If this fake mommy ever gets pg, she had better get some education fast about babies, she is totally unprepared, and can't even describe a baby, much less know how to care for one.

Well, I am also glad there is no missing child. I feel so awful for the father thinking he was going to see his son for the first time and finding out he's missing then finding out he was never even born. He must be beside himself with grief. The "mother" should pay for the searches and hard work of all those who spent time looking for her imaginary baby. The woman must have been pretty desperate (and mentally ill) to go the lengths she did. Prayers for all.

The whole story sounded made up from the first word. She could have been a little more inventive if she wanted to be believed. I suppose LE have to take every story as truth until they find out differently but I'll bet they would like to choke her for taking up their time when there are real tragedys happening out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back