Mexico Mexico - Jennifer Seitz, 36, Cruise ship passenger near Cancun, Dec 2008

MrsG728

Reaction score
Cruise ship passenger reported missing near Cancun

MIAMI – The U.S. Coast Guard and Mexican authorities are searching for a missing cruise ship passenger who may have gone overboard near Cancun, Mexico.
Authorities say 36-year-old Jennifer Seitz's husband reported her missing from the Norwegian Pearl just before 5 a.m. EST Friday. Her hometown was not available.
A Coast Guard search and rescue crew aboard a Falcon jet joined a helicopter and three crews from Mexico to scan the Gulf of Mexico.
Norwegian Cruise Line says the ship left Sunday from Miami for a seven-day western Caribbean cruise.

more at link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081226/ap_on_re_us/missing_cruise_passenger

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/12/26/missing.cruise.passenger/index.html?section=cnn_latest

• Story Highlights
  • Passenger Jennifer Feitz, 33, reported missing on Norwegian Pearl ship
  • U.S. Coast Guard in search about 15 miles east of Cancun, Mexico
  • Cruise line says, "Initial reports indicate the guest may have gone overboard"
  • Mexican government also is helping in the search

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Searchers looking for a woman believed to have fallen from a cruise ship off the Yucatan coast of Mexico have seen no sign of her, a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said Friday afternoon.

I just read this at Fox News. This is so upsetting as we know how many have gone missing from cruise ships. Either it is a domestic issue, suicide or more of the same doubt on cruise ship personnel. I personally believe there are instances with cruise ship personnel,either they are are not checked out properly before hiring or the company is back stepping to avoid lawsuits or diminished attendence. It happens too frequently to disavow this perspective.

Not again! I hope they find her - but it's probably been too long now.

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Searchers looking for a woman believed to have fallen from a cruise ship off the Yucatan coast of Mexico have seen no sign of her, a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said Friday afternoon.
Lt. Matt Moorlag, based in Miami, said crews would work into the night to find 33-year-old Jennifer Feitz, whose husband reported her missing aboard the Norwegian Pearl about 3:40 a.m. Friday.
Ship personnel called the Coast Guard for help when they couldn't locate Feitz.
Moorlag said he had not spoken with the woman's husband.
The search was centered about 15 miles east of Cancun, Mexico, in the Caribbean Sea, said Petty Officer 3rd Class Nick Ameen, a Coast Guard spokesman.

more at link
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/12/26/missing.cruise.passenger/index.html?section=cnn_latest

I posted this in the missing forum... not sure where it belonged :( So sad that this keeps happening.

Well, in the George Smith case the couple were in the lounge, were apparently having a disagreement and both were drinking heavily. The wife was found passed out in a hallway nowhere near their room. She was taken to the stateroom by others. When she awakened and he was missing she then went to the shipboard spa to keep a pre-scheduled appointment. The husband never showed up for the appointment.

I went on several different cruises in my younger days. iI saw lots and lots of heavy drinking and inappropriate behaviors by married couples. I will never, ever forget one cruise where there was a group of about 5 medical doctors from Texas staying in a block of rooms near ours. On the second night out, very late, there was a horrendous amount of screaming and yelling out in the hallway. I opened our stateroom door and there was one of the wives laying out in the hallway, half dressed and all beaten up. Doctor hubby had beaten her and thrown her out of their stateroom and locked the door.

My then husband and I brought her into our room, cleaned her up and I loaned her some of my clothes. Eventually another of their friends took her into their room for the night.

This poor woman admitted to me that this was not the first time he had attacked her in this manner. Alcohol fueled his rages.

I went straight to the captain early the next morning - this was a Norwegian cruise - and told him what had happened. He said he would speak to the husband and would inform him in no uncertain terms that if there was any repeat of this behavior he (husband) would be thrown into the brig for the remainder of the cruise.

I remember at the time that I was impressed that there even was a "brig" aboard a cruise ship. Perhaps there wasn't really a brig -- I don't know. But I know I was giving "doc" the fish eye for the remainder of the cruise! Wife had a nice big shiner the next day and he acted like nothing at all had happened!

Anyways, strange things go on aboard these cruise ships. PLUS if you want to get away with murder - to me it seems a cruise ship would be the very place to do it!

Well, in the George Smith case the couple were in the lounge, were apparently having a disagreement and both were drinking heavily. The wife was found passed out in a hallway nowhere near their room. She was taken to the stateroom by others. When she awakened and he was missing she then went to the shipboard spa to keep a pre-scheduled appointment. The husband never showed up for the appointment.

I went on several different cruises in my younger days. iI saw lots and lots of heavy drinking and inappropriate behaviors by married couples. I will never, ever forget one cruise where there was a group of about 5 medical doctors from Texas staying in a block of rooms near ours. On the second night out, very late, there was a horrendous amount of screaming and yelling out in the hallway. I opened our stateroom door and there was one of the wives laying out in the hallway, half dressed and all beaten up. Doctor hubby had beaten her and thrown her out of their stateroom and locked the door.

My then husband and I brought her into our room, cleaned her up and I loaned her some of my clothes. Eventually another of their friends took her into their room for the night.

This poor woman admitted to me that this was not the first time he had attacked her in this manner. Alcohol fueled his rages.

I went straight to the captain early the next morning - this was a Norwegian cruise - and told him what had happened. He said he would speak to the husband and would inform him in no uncertain terms that if there was any repeat of this behavior he (husband) would be thrown into the brig for the remainder of the cruise.

I remember at the time that I was impressed that there even was a "brig" aboard a cruise ship. Perhaps there wasn't really a brig -- I don't know. But I know I was giving "doc" the fish eye for the remainder of the cruise! Wife had a nice big shiner the next day and he acted like nothing at all had happened!

Anyways, strange things go on aboard these cruise ships. PLUS if you want to get away with murder - to me it seems a cruise ship would be the very place to do it!

I hear things like this and it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It just makes me so angry that a man thinks he has some right to harm his wife, someone he is supposed to love and protect. Grrrrr. I'm glad you were there. Poor thing.

I'm sure there is some sort of paper trail here that will lead back to the husband.

Here we go again....He'll be the most amazed person in the world after they talk to people who knew the couple and discover his mistress and the over size insurance policy ect.ect.ect. and want to ask him a few more questions.....

A woman from Australia went on a Cruise and a number of men raped her and she died from a drug
That they gave her
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2008/s2362322.htm

snipped more at link

Three South Australian men have been charged in relation to the death of a woman aboard a P & O cruise ship in 2002. The inquest found Diane Brimble died after being given a drug known as fantasy.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/mostpo...ssing-cruise-ship/KE_F4CMfT0y3SpHbGoRILg.cspx

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- The US Coast Guard say now the woman who reportedly fell overboard early Friday morning is named Jennifer Seitz and not Feitz. They are not able to say yet where she lived but the search the continues. Three Mexican Navy boats and a helicopter were searching the waters off the Caribbean resort of Cancun on Saturday.

more @ link

It looks like there is a link between this missing woman and an article written back in July. It's about staying fit while on a cruise...

http://www.dockwalk.com/Essentials/HotTopics.aspx?id=10660

Battling the Bulge On Board

By Jennifer Seitz

Let’s face it, staying in shape is difficult enough wherever you work and play. Staying fit as a crew professional offers its own share of challenges, but no obstacle is too great in the pursuit of a healthy body.

Combine the crew challenge of a hectic work schedule with an excellent on board chef who’s eager to share culinary treats with you, and you are well on your way toward expanding your waistline.

More @ link

It seems very strange to me, that her husband was aboard the ship with her, yet it took several days to get her correct name and hometown.

Susan

Apparently the cruise line has an infra-red image of this woman going off the boat at about 8PM- husband reported her missing at 4AM. No details on the nature of the image, and apparently no one monitors these images while they are being generated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back