508 users online (73 members and 435 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Unhappy 3 kids, 4 adults killed by Philadelphia house fire

PHILADELPHIA A duplex fire apparently caused by fuel spilling from an overfilled kerosene heater killed seven people in a basement that had only one exit, a survivor and firefighters said.

That injured survivor described standing in a shower with the water running in a desperate bid to escape the initial flames, then running for his life.

Three of the victims of the Friday night blaze were children, including a 1-year-old who was cradled in the arms of another victim, authorities said.

Six of them were huddled together, and the seventh was found near the exit.

Four people survived the fire at a three-story, brick duplex in a working-class neighborhood close to Philadelphia International Airport, fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081227/ap_on_re_us/deadly_house_fire;_ylt=AhdCVGuQGR6j5boE0FvvItSs0NU E

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Isn't a basement apartment illegal as they need to have 2 exits in case of fire? Shame on the landlord!

I read this first thing this morning on Fox News. This is so tragic. The winter always brings house fires caused by heaters.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to them.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!