737 users online (91 members and 646 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,523

    GA - Atlanta, BlkFem Skeletal 613UFGA, 30-50, in woods, Dec'07

    NamUs and DoeNet links and recon image (added by Mod)



    http://doenetwork.org/cases/613ufga.html
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/779


    ________

    Please give opinion on facial likeness between UID Black Female discovered on December 12, 2007 in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia and Elizabeth Antoinette Barrett MISSING 8/21/07 from Port Authority NYC. Did not find Elizabeth listed on NCMA , NAMPN, DoeNetwork or Charley Project. TIA
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-06-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: title

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    I think they look very similar, especially around the eyes and the nose. What are the circumstances of her disappearance? It says the UID had no hands, feet, or torso, and DNA is pending. I think you should call it in.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,150
    I also see similarities between the sketch and the photo of Elizabeth.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    I have touched on this UID case with Fulton County MedEX but in connection with something else. IIRC, I sent in a tip that a torso had been found about 5 days later on the side of the hwy south of Atlanta with newspapers from Atlanta in the garbage bag. I had to believe that the two belonged together simply because what are the chances. They were working on putting together DNA for both UID's.

    Here is the info on the torso:
    LaGrange GA PD came upon garbage bags of body parts on 12/14/2007 of a torso and legs that were missing hands and a skull. There was an attempt at burning the remains and what interested me was that the newspaper used to start the fire was from Metro Atlanta. In the event that you have not already compared the remains to one another here is a link to the article on the find of the torso:
    http://www.wrbl.com/index.php/news/a...-to-road/4124/

    I received a response from Randy H that he sent it to his investigators. Please note that it did NOT end up being the body of Vernisha Littlejohn as mentioned in the article. I am unable to locate exactly what happened with the remains however...HMMMM.

    The reason I mention this torso is because Elizabeth was very tiny-4'11". I would think that if this were a match in any way, the height of the body would be distinctive....jmo.
    Last edited by believe09; 12-28-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: add a thought
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    Please give opinion on facial likeness between UID Black Female discovered on December 12, 2007 in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia and Elizabeth Antoinette Barrett MISSING 8/21/07 from Port Authority NYC. Did not find Elizabeth listed on NCMA , NAMPN, DoeNetwork or Charley Project. TIA
    I will check in with Fulton County on the UID-would you check in with Ms. Barrett's niece and see if they are going to list Ms. Barrett on the above? NAMUS/UDRS is going to start running against some of the above databases starting in 2009-but if the information is not in there, it cannot be compared to the UID's....
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I have touched on this UID case with Fulton County MedEX but in connection with something else. IIRC, I sent in a tip that a torso had been found about 5 days later on the side of the hwy south of Atlanta with newspapers from Atlanta in the garbage bag. I had to believe that the two belonged together simply because what are the chances. They were working on putting together DNA for both UID's.

    Here is the info on the torso:
    LaGrange GA PD came upon garbage bags of body parts on 12/14/2007 of a torso and legs that were missing hands and a skull. There was an attempt at burning the remains and what interested me was that the newspaper used to start the fire was from Metro Atlanta. In the event that you have not already compared the remains to one another here is a link to the article on the find of the torso:
    http://www.wrbl.com/index.php/news/a...-to-road/4124/

    I received a response from Randy H that he sent it to his investigators. Please note that it did NOT end up being the body of Vernisha Littlejohn as mentioned in the article. I am unable to locate exactly what happened with the remains however...HMMMM.

    The reason I mention this torso is because Elizabeth was very tiny-4'11". I would think that if this were a match in any way, the height of the body would be distinctive....jmo.
    Thanks for that link. I was looking for such info. LeoPhoenix had mentioned body parts being found/checked against Vernisha Ittlejohn when we were discussing Tecora Young. If the body parts found are connected to the composite sketch than it would rule out Elizabeth for Vernisha was a good sized young woman.

    It's a year since body parts were found, do you think that LE would have connected them by now? I will search more on the body parts you mention. Since you are experienced with LE, should you at any point feel there is info worth relaying to them, please do so.

    Also, I'm wondering if the family could get Elizabeth on some Missing Persons sites? She is not on any that I could find.

    Sorry to ask questions. It seems like Elizabeth fell through the cracks and would like to see her listed somewhere.

    Thank you believe09,Boyz-mum and Mr E

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I will check in with Fulton County on the UID-would you check in with Ms. Barrett's niece and see if they are going to list Ms. Barrett on the above? NAMUS/UDRS is going to start running against some of the above databases starting in 2009-but if the information is not in there, it cannot be compared to the UID's....
    Yes, I will email Ms. Barrett's niece re databases. But, Believe09, how do I handle this situation? Should WS be mentioned? I'm concerned they may come here and see this UID.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    Yes, I will email Ms. Barrett's niece re databases. But, Believe09, how do I handle this situation? Should WS be mentioned? I'm concerned they may come here and see this UID.
    I would just mention the databases and leave it at that. If they are web savvy enough to take on a my space page, then they know how to google and they could bring it up that way.

    I would send something like:

    To whom it may concern:
    I am so sorry about the circumstances surrounding your Aunt's disappearance. I work with missing persons and UID's-most are listed out on NCMA (provide link) Doe Network (provide link) and the Charley Project (provide link.). Adding your Aunt's information to those databases will help to spread the word everywhere that she is missing and it will increase the likelihood of her being found.

    Good Luck...
    Capoly
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    Thanks for that link. I was looking for such info. LeoPhoenix had mentioned body parts being found/checked against Vernisha Ittlejohn when we were discussing Tecora Young. If the body parts found are connected to the composite sketch than it would rule out Elizabeth for Vernisha was a good sized young woman.

    It's a year since body parts were found, do you think that LE would have connected them by now? I will search more on the body parts you mention. Since you are experienced with LE, should you at any point feel there is info worth relaying to them, please do so.

    Also, I'm wondering if the family could get Elizabeth on some Missing Persons sites? She is not on any that I could find.

    Sorry to ask questions. It seems like Elizabeth fell through the cracks and would like to see her listed somewhere.

    Thank you believe09,Boyz-mum and Mr E
    I sent the link to Randy in the summer of this year-the connection was not made prior to that time because the torso does not appear to have been entered into any databases that I can see. It is now in the hands of GBI. Further, with the skeletal head and the burned torso, I don't know how hard it might have been to collect DNA...perhaps not so easy?
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I would just mention the databases and leave it at that. If they are web savvy enough to take on a my space page, then they know how to google and they could bring it up that way.

    I would send something like:

    To whom it may concern:
    I am so sorry about the circumstances surrounding your Aunt's disappearance. I work with missing persons and UID's-most are listed out on NCMA (provide link) Doe Network (provide link) and the Charley Project (provide link.). Adding your Aunt's information to those databases will help to spread the word everywhere that she is missing and it will increase the likelihood of her being found.

    Good Luck...
    Capoly
    (my bold)

    You would....and I will LOL C&P


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,523
    Sent info to both email addresses listed on myspace. Will post if I hear back from Ms. Barnett's niece.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    Sent info to both email addresses listed on myspace. Will post if I hear back from Ms. Barnett's niece.


    I contacted Randy and will post what I can....
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post


    I contacted Randy and will post what I can....
    Great! It's a good start now hope family will add Ms. Barrett's face/name to missing sites soon.

    Your the greatest!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    Great! It's a good start now hope family will add Ms. Barrett's face/name to missing sites soon.

    Your the greatest!
    You posted the case!!!!
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    You posted the case!!!!
    LOL posting is easy.... pursuing not so easy.






    Not the best of comparisons but all there is.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MD MD - Baltimore, BlkFem Skeletal 197UFMD, 17-19, in woods, Mar'96
    By Synthia1021 in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-20-2017, 05:52 PM
  2. TN TN - Maury Co., BlkFem Skeletal UP1588, 15-25, in woods, Feb'75
    By Kimster in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-02-2017, 02:01 PM
  3. VA VA - York Co., BlkFem Skeletal UP9380, 25-35, in woods, Nov'72
    By astridxx in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 01:16 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 03:35 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 03:13 AM

Tags for this Thread