Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 170

Thread: Interesting Info about Site where remains found

  1. #1
    Truthful Lies's Avatar
    Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anas Nin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,531

    Interesting Info about Site where remains found

    Hello all,

    As luck would have it, I was on a plane yesterday and sat next to a lovely woman who lives down the street from the Anthony's (we were flying into Orlando).

    Here is some info she gave me that REALLY helped explain perhaps why they did not find Caylee's remains after the meter-man called and called.

    She said that the neighborhood/area behind the site is ill-kept and that people VERY often dump things there...trash...shoes...you name it.

    I couldn't understand how an officer would go investigate and then dismiss...but apparently there's always a lot of debris/trash there.

    Thought it was an interesting tidbit to share.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    Hello all,

    As luck would have it, I was on a plane yesterday and sat next to a lovely woman who lives down the street from the Anthony's (we were flying into Orlando).

    Here is some info she gave me that REALLY helped explain perhaps why they did not find Caylee's remains after the meter-man called and called.

    She said that the neighborhood/area behind the site is ill-kept and that people VERY often dump things there...trash...shoes...you name it.

    I couldn't understand how an officer would go investigate and then dismiss...but apparently there's always a lot of debris/trash there.

    Thought it was an interesting tidbit to share.

    just looking at the site you could see evidence of garbage and stuff...
    jmo

  3. #3
    Truthful Lies's Avatar
    Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anas Nin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,531
    Yeah, but I had no idea it was a common "dump" site for residents of less-desirable communities. Sorry if this has already been mentioned =P
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,021
    That site looks like every unkempt or undeveloped corner in the area. If I didn't stay after my lawn, it would look dense like that in a matter of a short time.

    I don't think many people really realize the dense growth that occurs in this area of the country. When people say "woods" they often think of a nice wooded lot, with well traveled trails through them. It's not like that in Orlando. The underbrush is thick and heavy with palmetto and vines, usually low lying areas that retain water and are marshy most of the time. Many neighborhoods have small lots near them, very similar to the one where they found poor Caylee.

    Thank goodness he trusted his instincts and wouldn't let it go.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    24,302
    Now we know that dear baby CAYLEE WAS dumped like trash with trash............nice, real sweet of slayer mom kc.............

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    Yeah, but I had no idea it was a common "dump" site for residents of less-desirable communities. Sorry if this has already been mentioned =P
    i don't doubt what you say (explains a few things too) but wasn't it supposed to be a favoured place for teenagers to congregate?
    things may have gone downhill but 'back in the day', you wouldn't have found me hanging around a dump trying to look cool.

    were it's days as a popular hang-out long gone or was this exaggerated?
    maybe a different place?
    i can't see the beloved family dog being buried in a place where people off-load their trash either. (i won't go into what i believe ms anthony capable of!)
    are they maybe two different places?
    people are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

  7. #7
    Truthful Lies's Avatar
    Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anas Nin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,531
    No, definitely not different places. Perhaps different areas within the same site..

    The girl that told me this was perhaps very early twenties...had seen Casey/Caylee before in the neighborhood and used to walk her dog that way, as well. She said that teens did not "gather" there.. (at least not that she had ever seen, or heard of...and she has younger teen siblings, as well)

    I know it's not authoritative info, but I sure questioned her extensively...
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    772
    JMO- but if it is true that this was a KNOWN dump site in close proximity to the home, all the more reason it should have been declared a prime area of concern and subject to extensive search early on.

    It only baffles me more as to how Caylee could have been missed when she was just off the road, so close to home.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to icherish For This Useful Post:


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL area
    Posts
    2,433
    Quote Originally Posted by eddeva View Post
    i don't doubt what you say (explains a few things too) but wasn't it supposed to be a favoured place for teenagers to congregate?
    things may have gone downhill but 'back in the day', you wouldn't have found me hanging around a dump trying to look cool.

    were it's days as a popular hang-out long gone or was this exaggerated?
    maybe a different place?
    i can't see the beloved family dog being buried in a place where people off-load their trash either. (i won't go into what i believe ms anthony capable of!)
    are they maybe two different places?
    Everything I have read about the favored place to hang out was always referred to as 'behind the school' - this makes more sense as the area behind the school was probably considered safer by the teens, fewer people would drive by the area. Just from looking at the area from the first media video and photos, you could see there were no 'trails' into the area, as you would find if people went into the same place all the time. A few crime scene photos taken from further in and looking towards the blue canopy showed tireds lying around, etc. I think the areas Kio talked about were further down towards or behind the school. I bet even LE was stunned at how close to the house KC disposed of poor little Caylee.
    Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.
    Euripides

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    No, definitely not different places. Perhaps different areas within the same site..

    The girl that told me this was perhaps very early twenties...had seen Casey/Caylee before in the neighborhood and used to walk her dog that way, as well. She said that teens did not "gather" there.. (at least not that she had ever seen, or heard of...and she has younger teen siblings, as well)

    I know it's not authoritative info, but I sure questioned her extensively...

    if they're not different places, maybe different areas and this girl had never heard of teens around the place (she's young enough to have gone herself) then the stories of it being a gathering place have to be false. pet cemetary doesn't make sense anymore either. it just doesn't look big enough to support both. i dunno .... if i knew casey lived round the corner from a public dumping ground it's literally the first place i would've looked.
    just ignore me--the more answers i get the more questions i have.
    people are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,318
    Remember the 18 year old that lived across the street from the site, he allowed the reporter to film from his backyard.
    What did he say about the place being a hang-out? I thought he confirmed. but, maybe I'm wrong.

  13. #12
    kageykaren's Avatar
    kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the <3 is...
    Posts
    2,193
    This tells my heart that the children walking to school are passing by an area known to be where garbage is dumped, and now the body of a toddler found. Can you imagine how these children must be trying to make sense of this in there wee minds? Now more than ever there should be a brighter path to walk to school. Maybe in honor of Caylee, a yellow brick road stating,"Your out of the woods, your out of the dark," with newly planted trees, flowers ect. Wrong thred for this idea, but knowing this just wasn't a teenage part place but also a dump site keeps me sickened.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Macushla View Post
    Everything I have read about the favored place to hang out was always referred to as 'behind the school' - this makes more sense as the area behind the school was probably considered safer by the teens, fewer people would drive by the area. Just from looking at the area from the first media video and photos, you could see there were no 'trails' into the area, as you would find if people went into the same place all the time.
    snipped.
    thank you macushla, this makes far more sense.
    so she didn't actually put caylee somewhere she hoped she'd be found quickly at all then.
    people are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    Hello all,

    As luck would have it, I was on a plane yesterday and sat next to a lovely woman who lives down the street from the Anthony's (we were flying into Orlando).

    Here is some info she gave me that REALLY helped explain perhaps why they did not find Caylee's remains after the meter-man called and called.

    She said that the neighborhood/area behind the site is ill-kept and that people VERY often dump things there...trash...shoes...you name it.

    I couldn't understand how an officer would go investigate and then dismiss...but apparently there's always a lot of debris/trash there.

    Thought it was an interesting tidbit to share.
    Thanks. I can understand that. When on a search in NC, there was all kinds of trash in the woods from full garbage bags to piles of newspapers. I do mean a LOT of them. That is a very reasonable explanation for why Caylee was not found at first glance.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Phila suburbia
    Posts
    212
    To me it seems it verifies how much of a miracle it was that Caylee was found. It does seem there was a "higher power" at work here.
    Almost like Caylees spirit saying "here I am " ,
    Clues from Kiomarie, the psychics, and especially the meter reader, not once,twice or three times ! But four times.
    Seiously, looking at the area where Caylee could have been was finding a needle in the haystack

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    2,098
    This may have been discussed elsewhere, but it has been reported the Casey used this place as a pet cemetary. I am curious about what type of pets they were and how they died? Do most parents allow their children to bury beloved family pets in some dump? Killing pets is a red flag for killing humans, is it not?

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by icherish View Post
    JMO- but if it is true that this was a KNOWN dump site in close proximity to the home, all the more reason it should have been declared a prime area of concern and subject to extensive search early on.

    It only baffles me more as to how Caylee could have been missed when she was just off the road, so close to home.
    My thoughts exactly! Why wouldn't they have searched the area even harder? Makes no sense to me.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

  19. #18
    Truthful Lies's Avatar
    Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anas Nin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,531
    I'm just grateful to have gotten this info....pure luck I sat next to her on the plane.

    I couldn't believe it when she said she lived down the street (I don't want to reveal her house location..but very, very close and I verified her name/address when I got home).

    I couldn't understand how Caylee's remains were overlooked until this girl explained it to me (and I believe her to be a credible source....I really hammered her with questions...nicely, of course!)

    Anyway, just thought it may shed some light on things....info comes to light in funny ways, huh??

    I don't think LE knew it was a common dumping site...or else they should have combed it with a fine-toothed comb!!!!
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    I'm just grateful to have gotten this info....pure luck I sat next to her on the plane.

    I couldn't believe it when she said she lived down the street (I don't want to reveal her house location..but very, very close and I verified her name/address when I got home).

    I couldn't understand how Caylee's remains were overlooked until this girl explained it to me (and I believe her to be a credible source....I really hammered her with questions...nicely, of course!)

    Anyway, just thought it may shed some light on things....info comes to light in funny ways, huh??


    What else did you discuss about the case? Was she willing to talk about it? Did you ask her what it was like living on the street?

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattymarie View Post
    This may have been discussed elsewhere, but it has been reported the Casey used this place as a pet cemetary. I am curious about what type of pets they were and how they died? Do most parents allow their children to bury beloved family pets in some dump? Killing pets is a red flag for killing humans, is it not?
    apparently, it was a hamster that she buried there
    i don't know if she actually killed the hamster, they don't live very long...2 yrs maybe
    all my friends that have had hamsters died after 1.5yrs-2yrs old

    and yes, killing/torturing pets is a huge red flag
    that's what jeffrey dahmer did when he was young

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,318
    Lee had to know about this place. Should have been his first place to look when Casey told him, "close to home".
    IMO

  23. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    706
    Maybe that is one of the reasons KC tossed her there, other than being too lazy to do otherwise, is that she knew trash was dumped there and figured it would be months if ever before she was found. Most of us speculated on a dumpster as the means of disposal.

  24. #23
    Truthful Lies's Avatar
    Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anas Nin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattymarie View Post
    What else did you discuss about the case? Was she willing to talk about it? Did you ask her what it was like living on the street?
    Yes, I asked her what it was like..she said that it's been a nightmare living there since the news broke in July...she said she has been kept awake many nights by this...news crews, protesters, etc. Of course she is disturbed and upset about Caylee, but I asked her mainly what it was like LIVING through all of this so close by.

    I was discussing Friday night's NG with my Mom (belladonna on WS) on my cell phone while in the terminal...she was sitting near me....and then we ended up sitting next to each other on the plane. She then brought up that she had heard me talking about Caylee and that she lived on the same street - very close.

    Convo proceeded from there...I was so astonished by what she told me, that I sort of forgot about asking anything else after she told me about the site. I didn't ask about the site, specifically...she told me...

    Basically, we just discussed how disgusted we both were with the whole thing...I gave her my information but noticed that she dropped the paper in her seat as we de-planed.

    I think it was by accident, but I didn't want to press her to keep in touch with me. I'm hoping she remembers my name and finds me on facebook or something. I will update asap if I hear from her but I did ask her to jump on WS and post with us.

    Hopefully she does.

    What luck..seriously.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

  25. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Google Earth
    Posts
    35,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Marple View Post
    That site looks like every unkempt or undeveloped corner in the area. If I didn't stay after my lawn, it would look dense like that in a matter of a short time.

    I don't think many people really realize the dense growth that occurs in this area of the country. When people say "woods" they often think of a nice wooded lot, with well traveled trails through them. It's not like that in Orlando. The underbrush is thick and heavy with palmetto and vines, usually low lying areas that retain water and are marshy most of the time. Many neighborhoods have small lots near them, very similar to the one where they found poor Caylee.

    Thank goodness he trusted his instincts and wouldn't let it go.
    Itis like that in this area of Oregon too. The unkept areas are soon overgrown with blackberry bushes, ferns and Lord knows what else. I can imagine hiding a bag very easily around here and having a hard time finding it again. The only thing we don't have that you all have are the CRITTERS! YIKES!
    ************************************************

    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws


    In memory of Ron Pruitt

  26. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    405
    I was wondering how well traveled is the road where Caylee was found? It doesn't appear to have any sidewalks, but I was wondering how much traffic travels this road. I live in Tampa and I don't know the Orlando area where she was found. I do know about the natural preserves and areas that not developed. They are areas that you would not want to venture in. If you a golfer, there are areas that you wouldn't want to go find a lost golf ball...just let it be.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Defense says they decline to examine site where remains found?
    By AquaEyes in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 05:28 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 11:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •