Interesting Info about Site where remains found

Truthful Lies

Reaction score
Hello all,

As luck would have it, I was on a plane yesterday and sat next to a lovely woman who lives down the street from the Anthony's (we were flying into Orlando).

Here is some info she gave me that REALLY helped explain perhaps why they did not find Caylee's remains after the meter-man called and called.

She said that the neighborhood/area behind the site is ill-kept and that people VERY often dump things there...trash...shoes...you name it.

I couldn't understand how an officer would go investigate and then dismiss...but apparently there's always a lot of debris/trash there.

Thought it was an interesting tidbit to share.

Hello all,

As luck would have it, I was on a plane yesterday and sat next to a lovely woman who lives down the street from the Anthony's (we were flying into Orlando).

Here is some info she gave me that REALLY helped explain perhaps why they did not find Caylee's remains after the meter-man called and called.

She said that the neighborhood/area behind the site is ill-kept and that people VERY often dump things there...trash...shoes...you name it.

I couldn't understand how an officer would go investigate and then dismiss...but apparently there's always a lot of debris/trash there.

just looking at the site you could see evidence of garbage and stuff...

Yeah, but I had no idea it was a common "dump" site for residents of less-desirable communities. Sorry if this has already been mentioned =P

That site looks like every unkempt or undeveloped corner in the area. If I didn't stay after my lawn, it would look dense like that in a matter of a short time.

I don't think many people really realize the dense growth that occurs in this area of the country. When people say "woods" they often think of a nice wooded lot, with well traveled trails through them. It's not like that in Orlando. The underbrush is thick and heavy with palmetto and vines, usually low lying areas that retain water and are marshy most of the time. Many neighborhoods have small lots near them, very similar to the one where they found poor Caylee.

Thank goodness he trusted his instincts and wouldn't let it go.

Now we know that dear baby CAYLEE WAS dumped like trash with trash............nice, real sweet of slayer mom kc.............

Yeah, but I had no idea it was a common "dump" site for residents of less-desirable communities. Sorry if this has already been mentioned =P

i don't doubt what you say (explains a few things too) but wasn't it supposed to be a favoured place for teenagers to congregate?
things may have gone downhill but 'back in the day', you wouldn't have found me hanging around a dump trying to look cool.

were it's days as a popular hang-out long gone or was this exaggerated?
maybe a different place?
i can't see the beloved family dog being buried in a place where people off-load their trash either. (i won't go into what i believe ms anthony capable of!)
are they maybe two different places?

No, definitely not different places. Perhaps different areas within the same site..

The girl that told me this was perhaps very early twenties...had seen Casey/Caylee before in the neighborhood and used to walk her dog that way, as well. She said that teens did not "gather" there.. (at least not that she had ever seen, or heard of...and she has younger teen siblings, as well)

I know it's not authoritative info, but I sure questioned her extensively...

JMO- but if it is true that this was a KNOWN dump site in close proximity to the home, all the more reason it should have been declared a prime area of concern and subject to extensive search early on.

It only baffles me more as to how Caylee could have been missed when she was just off the road, so close to home.

i don't doubt what you say (explains a few things too) but wasn't it supposed to be a favoured place for teenagers to congregate?
things may have gone downhill but 'back in the day', you wouldn't have found me hanging around a dump trying to look cool.

were it's days as a popular hang-out long gone or was this exaggerated?
maybe a different place?
i can't see the beloved family dog being buried in a place where people off-load their trash either. (i won't go into what i believe ms anthony capable of!)
are they maybe two different places?

Everything I have read about the favored place to hang out was always referred to as 'behind the school' - this makes more sense as the area behind the school was probably considered safer by the teens, fewer people would drive by the area. Just from looking at the area from the first media video and photos, you could see there were no 'trails' into the area, as you would find if people went into the same place all the time. A few crime scene photos taken from further in and looking towards the blue canopy showed tireds lying around, etc. I think the areas Kio talked about were further down towards or behind the school. I bet even LE was stunned at how close to the house KC disposed of poor little Caylee.

No, definitely not different places. Perhaps different areas within the same site..

The girl that told me this was perhaps very early twenties...had seen Casey/Caylee before in the neighborhood and used to walk her dog that way, as well. She said that teens did not "gather" there.. (at least not that she had ever seen, or heard of...and she has younger teen siblings, as well)

I know it's not authoritative info, but I sure questioned her extensively...

if they're not different places, maybe different areas and this girl had never heard of teens around the place (she's young enough to have gone herself) then the stories of it being a gathering place have to be false. pet cemetary doesn't make sense anymore either. it just doesn't look big enough to support both. i dunno .... if i knew casey lived round the corner from a public dumping ground it's literally the first place i would've looked.
just ignore me--the more answers i get the more questions i have.

Remember the 18 year old that lived across the street from the site, he allowed the reporter to film from his backyard.
What did he say about the place being a hang-out? I thought he confirmed. :confused: but, maybe I'm wrong.

This tells my heart that the children walking to school are passing by an area known to be where garbage is dumped, and now the body of a toddler found. Can you imagine how these children must be trying to make sense of this in there wee minds? Now more than ever there should be a brighter path to walk to school. Maybe in honor of Caylee, a yellow brick road stating,"Your out of the woods, your out of the dark," with newly planted trees, flowers ect. Wrong thred for this idea, but knowing this just wasn't a teenage part place but also a dump site keeps me sickened. :furious:

Everything I have read about the favored place to hang out was always referred to as 'behind the school' - this makes more sense as the area behind the school was probably considered safer by the teens, fewer people would drive by the area. Just from looking at the area from the first media video and photos, you could see there were no 'trails' into the area, as you would find if people went into the same place all the time.

snipped.
thank you macushla, this makes far more sense.
so she didn't actually put caylee somewhere she hoped she'd be found quickly at all then.

Hello all,

Thanks. I can understand that. When on a search in NC, there was all kinds of trash in the woods from full garbage bags to piles of newspapers. I do mean a LOT of them. That is a very reasonable explanation for why Caylee was not found at first glance.

To me it seems it verifies how much of a miracle it was that Caylee was found. It does seem there was a "higher power" at work here.
Almost like Caylees spirit saying "here I am " ,
Clues from Kiomarie, the psychics, and especially the meter reader, not once,twice or three times ! But four times.
Seiously, looking at the area where Caylee could have been was finding a needle in the haystack

This may have been discussed elsewhere, but it has been reported the Casey used this place as a pet cemetary. I am curious about what type of pets they were and how they died? Do most parents allow their children to bury beloved family pets in some dump? Killing pets is a red flag for killing humans, is it not?

JMO- but if it is true that this was a KNOWN dump site in close proximity to the home, all the more reason it should have been declared a prime area of concern and subject to extensive search early on.

It only baffles me more as to how Caylee could have been missed when she was just off the road, so close to home.

My thoughts exactly! Why wouldn't they have searched the area even harder? Makes no sense to me.

I'm just grateful to have gotten this info....pure luck I sat next to her on the plane.

I couldn't believe it when she said she lived down the street (I don't want to reveal her house location..but very, very close and I verified her name/address when I got home).

I couldn't understand how Caylee's remains were overlooked until this girl explained it to me (and I believe her to be a credible source....I really hammered her with questions...nicely, of course!)

Anyway, just thought it may shed some light on things....info comes to light in funny ways, huh??

I don't think LE knew it was a common dumping site...or else they should have combed it with a fine-toothed comb!!!!

I'm just grateful to have gotten this info....pure luck I sat next to her on the plane.

I couldn't believe it when she said she lived down the street (I don't want to reveal her house location..but very, very close and I verified her name/address when I got home).

I couldn't understand how Caylee's remains were overlooked until this girl explained it to me (and I believe her to be a credible source....I really hammered her with questions...nicely, of course!)

Anyway, just thought it may shed some light on things....info comes to light in funny ways, huh??

What else did you discuss about the case? Was she willing to talk about it? Did you ask her what it was like living on the street?

This may have been discussed elsewhere, but it has been reported the Casey used this place as a pet cemetary. I am curious about what type of pets they were and how they died? Do most parents allow their children to bury beloved family pets in some dump? Killing pets is a red flag for killing humans, is it not?

apparently, it was a hamster that she buried there
i don't know if she actually killed the hamster, they don't live very long...2 yrs maybe
all my friends that have had hamsters died after 1.5yrs-2yrs old

and yes, killing/torturing pets is a huge red flag
that's what jeffrey dahmer did when he was young :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member