1106 users online (243 members and 863 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Joanna

I do know the FBI is still working the case. Yes it is very sad that so many young woman are missing. If anyone runs across a website that does not have Joanna's flyer posted, please let me know.

Thanks
    Sheila

no leads

Update on www.bringjohome.info still no leads. Polygraphs of family, co workers, boyfriend done. Phone and computer records show no evidence. Joanne's bank account remains untouched.

Family requests

Joanna's family has asked area farmers and others to check their land, old wells, buildings, abandoned cars, etc for any signs of a body. The family says that they want to find Joanna and bring her home. I'm updating because I live in the area and I am checking daily for updates.

txsvicki,

How extensive a search was done for Joanna? I haven't seen a lot of information about searches.

search

The authorities did the initial search and a few weeks after the disappearance , the public responded and I believe a search was done in a 10 mile radius around her home area. We haven't been given just a whole lot of information about the investigation, but the Sheriff's department has stated that there are no leads. Joanna's dad is a private investigator, and the family is reported to be attending a conference for investigators to try and find more help or advice about what more they can do.

Joanna's 18 Wheel Angel campaign started today and continues until month end.

18 Wheel Angels is a program offered by Project Jason in which truck driver or other business travelers are recruited to place posters of missing persons as they go along their routes. Of course, anyone can place these posters, and you are encouraged to.

You can download Joanna's poster at:

http://www.projectjason.org/18wheel.html

Please pray for a successful campaign and for Joanna and her family.

Thank you.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
    President and Founder,
    Project Jason
    http://www.projectjason.org

another missing girl here

The Sheriff's dept. is saying that the two cases don't seem to be related, but there is another missing woman here in town, age 26. She was last seen Tuesday, made it to her house but has not been seen since. The car and car keys were there at her house and she has not picked up her paycheck. She also worked at a place that serves many people in the public. Hopefully these cases will resolve in a happy ending and that there truly is no connection. There's already several, too many, unsolved murders of women in this town and I don't want to see Joanna or this other girl added to it.

still no news

After the weekend combined search for Joanna and Jennifer, there is still no news. About 200 volunteers showed up for the search and it was reported that a more extensive area was searched than the original search for Joanna.

haircolor

An update on the website www.bringjohome.info mentions an important fact about Joanna's haircolor. Her missing posters show red hair, but it is not her natural haircolor. Joanna's natural haircolor is brown, and if she is unable to color, could be showing roots. More photos are linked under the photo section, and viewers are encouraged to view them to get an idea of how Joanna might look with a different haircolor.

For Joanna

Joanna Kathryn Rogers

A nationwide missing persons bulletin was issued by the Lubbock County, Texas, Sheriff's Department on the evening of May 6th, 2004, two days after Joanna Rogers went missing from her home just outside the Lubbock city limits. Joanna, a junior at Lubbock High School, came home from her job at a sandwich shop about 12:20 a.m. on May 4th, and had a short conversation with her mother before apparently going to bed. At 7 a.m., there was no trace of Joanna Rogers. The teenager's belongings -- debit card, car keys, shoes, clothes and cell phone -- were still in her room. Her parents reported her missing immediately. Her mother said Joanna was looking forward to participating in a dance recital that night. She has no history of running away from home.

There was no sign of forced entry and the family's two dogs did not alert the household to an intruder. County authorities have analyzed the youngster's computer hard drive as well her mother's. They've interviewed co-workers, a boyfriend and others who might have seen Joanna before she disappeared. The Sheriff's Department has no substantial leads at this time, but believes foul play is involved.

Joanna's seventeenth birthday was Friday, June 25th, 2004. A reward of $15,000 is offered for information leading to the whereabouts of this child

http://members.cox.net/bringjohome/J...ers_Info1.html

You have such a kind heart, Timex.

Thank you for caring for Jo and her family, who love and miss her so much.

For anyone who reads this, please stop and say a prayer for Jo right now. Prayer is important, and so powerful. Thank you, and God bless.

With HOPE, Lanie

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7714
    *can someone merge, pls, and thanks!!*

UPDATE Tuesday, August 23rd - The Lubbock Sheriff's Office is airing public service announcements on local radio stations asking for help in finding Joanna. They have not provided the family with anything new, although the investigation is still underway. Tips continue to be investigated as they come in. The FBI and the Texas Rangers are actively working on the case.

Quote Originally Posted by WasBlind
    You have such a kind heart, Timex.

Thank you for caring for Jo and her family, who love and miss her so much.

For anyone who reads this, please stop and say a prayer for Jo right now. Prayer is important, and so powerful. Thank you, and God bless.

With HOPE, Lanie

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7714
    *can someone merge, pls, and thanks!!*

This case has had my attention since the start. Its so close to where I live, yet we see so little coverage. Every once in a while I will still her father in a service announcement, but sadly, they are few and far between.

Good news for the Rogers as Joanna's face will be on some ad cards. Joanna's mother writes:

"A mass advertising mailing post card commonly known as Mail-It has a local ad on one side and a missing person on the address side of the card. Those of you in Texas, LA, NM, OK and ARK may have received one of these last week with Joanna's picture on it. If you did just feel free to talk to people you know about it, and bring it to their attention. Friends in the Houston area have also told us that an advertising circular has come in the mail with her picture on it too. I didn't know about this one, but I will take all the help we can get. This one looks similar to a newspaper ad insert, but comes in the mail. In our neck of the woods it is called Texas Treasures, and in July they generously donated space the Lubbock area and Larado area flyers to promote Joanna's case.

There has still been no good leads on Joanna's or Jennifer's disappearance. For those of you who may not have heard, another young woman Jennifer Wilkerson age 26 disappeared from Lubbock on July 13. Circumstances are similar in that she didn't take car, house keys, most personal belongings, etc. and she lived in rural south Lubbock county. Both worked in businesses with high public traffic."

If you are a recipient of these cards, do pass them along to others and pray for Joanna's safe return to those who love her.

Kelly

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast