1290 users online (209 members and 1081 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Authorities Name Primary Suspect in Joanna Rogers Case

Posted: 12/22/05

Authorities have named a suspect in the disappearance of Joanna Rogers. An Amber Alert was issued for the sixteen-year-old on May 6th, 2004. Investigators are now calling Rosendo Rodriguez a primary suspect in the case. He's the same man charged with capital murder in the death of another Lubbock woman.

NewsChannel 11 first uncovered the connection between Joanna Rogers and Rosendo Rodriguez weeks ago, but we held the information at the request of the Lubbock County Sheriff's department so we would not hinder their investigation. Thursday, county authorities are talking on camera for the first time naming Rodriguez as the primary suspect in Joanna's disappearance.

Continued at link:

http://kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=4280022

Rodriguez A Suspect In Disappearance of Lubbock Teen

On Thursday, investigators spoke with KLBK-13 about a link between Rosendo Rodriguez III, 25, and the disappearance of Joanna Rogers, 16.

Rodriguez was indicted in September for the murder of Summer Baldwin, 29.

Investigators believe Rodriguez and Rogers were acquainted through the internet. Both of their names were found on each other`s computers. Authorities say that was the beginning; now they say they have enough evidence to name Rodriguez as an official suspect in Rogers` disappearance.

It has been 19 months since Rogers was last seen alive. Since her disappearance, the Lubbock County Sheriff`s Department have questioned a number of suspects. But they`ve never released one`s identity to the public ... until now.

"With the circumstances surrounding Mr. Rodriguez, at this point in time, we believe he is a good suspect for Rogers` disappearance," says Lubbock Chief Deputy Paul Scarborough.

Scarborough says they found Rodriguez`s name on Rogers` computer shortly after she disappeared. Investigators came face to face with Rodriguez in mid-September when he was arrested for the murder of Summer Baldwin, whose body was found strangled and beaten in a suitcase at a Lubbock landfill.

Just days after Rodriguez was taken into custody, another clue surfaced reegarding Rogers` disappearance.

"We have a link with Rosendo Rodriguez with the forensics that was done on his computer with the Joanna Rogers case," says Scarborough.

Scarborough says Joanna`s name showed up on Rodriguez`s hard drive.

Joanna`s mother, Cathy Rogers, says she never heard her daughter mention him.
    http://www.klbk13.tv/news/default.as...ownews&id=1231
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I just e-mailed the station to thank them for acquiesing to the request from law enforcement to "hold" the story until LE could investigate. I would like to encourage others to do the same. News companies and reporters need to know that some of us believe justice outweighs the "public's right to know." Let's give them some positive reinforcement!

Rosendo Rodriguez III, a former Texas Tech student, was indicted in October on capital murder and aggravated sexual assault charges in the deaths of Summer Baldwin, 29, and her unborn child. Baldwin's body was found stuffed into a suitcase dumped in a landfill.

Investigators linked Rodriguez to the case through a bar code on the suitcase.

Lubbock County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Paul Scarborough said Rodriguez is also now a suspect in the disappearance of Joanna Rogers, 16, who vanished from her home in May 2004.

Authorities initially discounted any link between the cases, but Scarborough said investigators found Rogers' name on Rodriguez' e-mail list while searching his computer in the Baldwin murder investigation. His name was also on the teen's e-mail list, authorities said.

"We are doing some further investigation in that area," he said, adding that authorities were pursuing other possible connections between Rodriguez and the missing teen.

In the Baldwin murder case, a judge is expected to rule on a motion to dismiss Rodriguez' defense attorney.

Lubbock County Assistant District Attorney Tray Payne argued at a Thursday hearing that lawyer Albert Rodriguez could not defend the murder suspect because he had handled two knives being used as evidence.

But the defense attorney testified that the knives were never in his possession.
    http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.a...82741&nav=Bsmh
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I just saw this on the Nancy Grace show tonite. Nancy was livid when Joe Bill Rogers told her that the first he knew of this suspect was when the defense attorney for Rosendo called him and asked why the LE were trying to link his client to Joanna. The police captain said that there is other information linking Rosendo to Joanna.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki
    I just saw this on the Nancy Grace show tonite. Nancy was livid when Joe Bill Rogers told her that the first he knew of this suspect was when the defense attorney for Rosendo called him and asked why the LE were trying to link his client to Joanna. The police captain said that there is other information linking Rosendo to Joanna.
    Was it Albert Rodriguez that contacted him?
    What was the deal about Albert handling the knives? He claims they were never in his possession, yet they say he will not be representing the defendent because he handled them.
    Sounds like a suspicious attorney to me.

I'm not positive but I think it was the attorney Rodriguez who was mentioned as calling Mr. Rogers because Nancy mentioned that he was not related to the murder suspect. I am now wondering if this suspect could be involved in the murder of a young prostitute just the month before Joanna went missing. There was another prostitute murdered the year before also and she was strangled and beaten. Not that Joanna Rogers would be in any way connected to these women, but I have wondered for several years if a predator or serial killer might be around Lubbock since the disappearance and several murders of young women.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki
    I'm not positive but I think it was the attorney Rodriguez who was mentioned as calling Mr. Rogers because Nancy mentioned that he was not related to the murder suspect. I am now wondering if this suspect could be involved in the murder of a young prostitute just the month before Joanna went missing. There was another prostitute murdered the year before also and she was strangled and beaten. Not that Joanna Rogers would be in any way connected to these women, but I have wondered for several years if a predator or serial killer might be around Lubbock since the disappearance and several murders of young women.
    Could be. They have tied him to two already, and it sounds as though he had very little connection to either of them. So it wouldn't be to far fettched to think there may be more out there.

Don't forget about Jennifer Wilkerson, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Could be. They have tied him to two already, and it sounds as though he had very little connection to either of them. So it wouldn't be to far fettched to think there may be more out there.
    I wonder if the fbi ever looked into the possibility that the baldwin girls email might have been on his computer also. since he stuffed this woman into a suitcase and disposed of her in a landfill, he may have done the same with this young ladys body. these perps tend to follow the same habit of disposing of their victims. sounds to me like this fellow was certainly on the path of a serial killer and used the internet as the lure to get to them. has le ever used cadaber dogs at the landfill in the rogers case? how else could they have each others email address? sounds like that a chat room is a possible connection

I live in Lubbock and have tried to keep up with the disappearance of the two girls and I don't believe that I have ever read that any cadaver search was done at the landfill. That's doesn't mean that there wasn't one done though.

I would think that LE in that county and the surrounding countys would all be taking a look at their missing women over the last few years and seeing if they don't somehow connect to this awful man. It sounds like he did murder Joanna. I wish he would just tell LE how many women he has murdered...who they are...and what he did with them. He is going to prison for the rest of his life or will get the death penalty so he should just tell LE everything. Of course he won't though. Probably part of the thrill for these monsters in not getting caught or never telling....unless they feel the need to brag like Dennis Radar.

This article mentions Jennifer and Joanna Rogerss, just thought I would post it. Dont know how it will turn out, and dont know what I am wishing for. Wishing both are still alive, but knowing would at least be something.

http://www.kamc28.tv/news/default.a...hownews&id=1199

Quote Originally Posted by lostfaith
    This article mentions Jennifer and Joanna Rogerss, just thought I would post it. Dont know how it will turn out, and dont know what I am wishing for. Wishing both are still alive, but knowing would at least be something.

http://www.kamc28.tv/news/default.a...hownews&id=1199
    LF, the link you posted didn't work, but I think this may have been the article you were posting?There seems to be a problem with direct linking to articles at that site. If you run into a problem, go to the home page and look for the headline. http://www.kamc28.tv/

Human Remains Found In Yellowhouse Canyon

Officials say two men were driving through the area just after 4 p.m. Thursday when one of them received a call on his cell phone. The other man got out of the car to give him some privacy. While walking through the area, the man came upon a human skull.

The Lubbock County Medical Examiner removed the remains and is now waiting for an anthropologist to examine the decomposed skull.
    http://www.kamc28.tv/news/default.as...ownews&id=1199

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast