782 users online (116 members and 666 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Should We be Able to Discuss Incest & Misappropriation of Funds on the Main Forum?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 60.66%
  • No

24 39.34%

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Should Incest Allegations & Misappropriation of Funds be Allowed on the Main Forum?

These two subjects have been discussed and investigated at lengths on the WS forum, yet the threads are either put in the Parking Lot or removed completely. Why can't we discuss them on the main forum? I know the mods say that the Parking Lot is so much better for discussing these topics, because there is less mod intervention, but imo, not a lot of posters venture to the Parking Lot. I think in light of the recent interviews by LA's lawyer, these two subjects should be allowed in the main forum. Agree or disagree?

Imagine if you were accused of attempting to touch a sister who is a pathological liar and who has plunged her entire family into the national spotlight and into an unending hell? Imagine if there was absolutely no evidence that incest took place, but the rumor mill just kept going? I vote to keep the incest thread where it is.

I think that anything to do with this case should be open for discussion! LP is the one who alluded to the 'baby daddy' DNA thing.

As for the misappropriation of donated funds, I think it should be allowed also. It has been stated in a FOX article that Lee used some of the funds in his own 'investigations'.

Sometimes the topic is not nice or pretty but is still mentioned in relation to a case!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

This is my thought on the incest subject everyone wants to think that IF it took place that it had to have been done under some sort of force..And if a child is young that is normally the case but it is not always the case..For that reason and since it has been brought up on national tv. I think we should be able to discuss it I dont know if it took place or not but I think we should be able to discuss what it might mean to this case if anything..I also don't think it should be discussed in an accusatory way I feel the same way about the funds that have been collected.
    Last edited by Kimmer; 12-28-2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

The incest thing is just too vile of gossip to be on the main forum. The misappropriation of funds is a subject that leaves me split on the view... one has to be careful when pointing fingers at money issues.

Overall, though... we have to look to Tricia on how she wants these subjects handled... and respect what direction she points things in...

Quote Originally Posted by natsound View Post
    Imagine if you were accused of incest by a sister who is a pathological liar and who has plunged her entire family into the national spotlight and into an unending hell? Imagine if there was absolutely no evidence that incest took place, but the rumor mill just kept going? I vote to keep the incest thread where it is.
    There are so many threads on here that are based on what Casey or Cindy have said. I don't understand why the incest speculation is any different. Plus, imo, LE included the statements regarding Lee being sexually inappropriate with Casey from Tony and Jesse in the last doc dump for a reason. Again, jmo.

Now, the misappropriation of funds. Well, that was investigated or "sleuthed" extensively by several WSers, and now Lee's lawyer has actually addressed this to some extent. I have been and continue to think think that something is going on.

We should be allowed to discuss these things. We are able to discuss so many other things on here. We aren't posting copyrighted information or anything like that. I just don't get it. JMO. MOO. Don't ban me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    The incest thing is just too vile of gossip to be on the main forum. The misappropriation of funds is a subject that leaves me split on the view... one has to be careful when pointing fingers at money issues.

Overall, though... we have to look to Tricia on how she wants these subjects handled... and respect what direction she points things in...
    Why do you consider the incest "thing" too vile, but yet we are talking about a mother who murdered who own toddler?

These two discussion items keep coming up, time and time again, so I think there is something to them.

Imagine if you were accused of attempting to touch a sister who is a pathological liar and who has plunged her entire family into the national spotlight and into an unending hell? Imagine if there was absolutely no evidence that incest took place, but the rumor mill just kept going? I vote to keep the incest thread where it is.

Well, it is a fact that Casey told Tony that Lee had tried to touch her inappropriately. She had also stated (to Jesse??) that her Dad, George, had abused her in the past, but that could have been either verbal or physical.

The question for me is, what do we ignore or not talk about if it is mentioned in interviews or in an article?

A lot more time has been spent on the incest issue than would be expected, imo. Most popular thread some days along with who is the baby-daddy thread.

No incest. Over the top.

Arrow

My gut feeling is that there are valid reasons for the speculation of incest in this family and that it's not just unjustified character bashing. I think LP was party to far more of the evidence and actions of this family than we will ever know. Plus, that's not the kind of thing that's usually made up. I know from personal experience. Yes, Casey Anthony is a proven liar, but the victims of sexual abuse are the last ones to be believed. She could still have been abused, and she may not lie 100% of the time... JMO. Just because a topic isn't pretty doesn't mean discussion shouldn't be allowed on it. That's censorship to the extreme.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

What is the difference in this forum and the Ramsey forum? Anything is admissable there; I've been on that forum regularly for nine years. Why is this one "different"?

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    My gut feeling is that there are valid reasons for the speculation of incest in this family and that it's not just unjustified character bashing. I think LP was party to far more of the evidence and actions of this family than we will ever know. Plus, that's not the kind of thing that's usually made up. I know from personal experience. Yes, Casey Anthony is a proven liar, but the victims of sexual abuse are the last ones to be believed. She could still have been abused, and she may not lie 100% of the time... JMO. Just because a topic isn't pretty doesn't mean discussion shouldn't be allowed on it. That's censorship to the extreme.
    I have to agree with you, LinasK. (ooohhhh, I do not want to be banned!)

kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    I feel we should wait in posting on incest charges until the subject is brought into play before or during trial. It seems to soon for discussion unless more staement arise alluding to incest of some sort. As far as the possible mishandeling of funds, I say go for it on these boards. The old saying, "Follow the money"

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    I'm neutral on the incest issue.
    The misappropriation of the $$$ is one of MY favorite subjects!
    Just ask JBean
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Recovering-Lurker View Post
    Why do you consider the incest "thing" too vile, but yet we are talking about a mother who murdered who own toddler?

These two discussion items keep coming up, time and time again, so I think there is something to them.
    The incest talk is nothing more than vile gossip... is how I see it... sorry.

(ETA: at this point and time... mind you, if charges are brought up, or LE officially makes it a part of the case, then I find no issue in discussing it.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast