Question? About Flds Women and Child support

PolyGraph

Reaction score
I would like to know just how all those women get welfare when (in the states laws I know about) you would have to go after the father for child support (to pass the child support requirement) before you could even get welfare??? So how are they not naming the fathers and getting welfare is the biggest question, I used to be on welfare when my oldest son was born and had to get off quickly because they were going to go after the dad for support and I did not want that. And if the states know about the father wouldnt he have to pay so much child support for all the kids that the mother wouldnt be eligible in the first place, something sounds really illegal in this all, Think about it, an flds mom of at least 3 kids, who is stating she is unmarried would have to get at least so much money for 3 children right? so how would she be on welfare then if the cutoff in most states is if you make over 150-200 a week, and if not they put you in a work first program which you would then make at least minimum wage and then you still would :furious:not be eligible...so something is being lied about somewhere, does anyone know how they are getting away with that??? I had a hard time just getting medicaid for my mildly autistic child, and I have two jobs...so please someone tell me how they are doing it????
:furious:

i dont think they ever asked for government help. up until this mess happened, they were self sufficient.

(dont know positively)

i dont think they ever asked for government help. up until this mess happened, they were self sufficient.

(dont know positively)

No they were not. I don't remember exactly how they got around the naming the father for child support, but the children did get medicaid and state child care dollars also.

In addition, since they were their own town, they got federal and state funding for their schools, roads and the like.

All in all, they have gotten hundreds of millions of dollars from the government.

Bleeding the Beast
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/05/how-polygamy-affects-your-wallet.html

If they're working, the women COULD also be getting more back when they file their tax returns than they had withheld, in effect not only not paying taxes but getting a redistribution from other taxpayers.

No they were not. I don't remember exactly how they got around the naming the father for child support, but the children did get medicaid and state child care dollars also.

In addition, since they were their own town, they got federal and state funding for their schools, roads and the like.

All in all, they have gotten hundreds of millions of dollars from the government.

Bleeding the Beast
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/2006/05/how-polygamy-affects-your-wallet.html

Hi Woof,

The above is indeed what we were all told. But most of that was proven to be wrong.

In reading the link you posted above, Mark Shurtleff, (not a part of the Texas situation but rather Utah's attorney general ) said that the welfare rate was 65%. Even if those figures were correct that is certainly not all of the women on welfare.

Being a politician Shurtleff has his own agenda in all of this. We have to look furthur afield if we want to find out the real truth. The link above is very slanted in one direction.

Here is a link equally slanted in the opposite direction.....

Now that most of the children have been nonsuited, it might be assumed that the
families have returned to the security of their homes and community. But what are
they to return to? Their temple has been desecrated. Irreplaceable documents and
artifacts of earlier Church prophets have been confiscated, when they contained
nothing even implying criminal conduct. Their homes have been broken into, and
even unlocked doors have been kicked in. They lost an entire growing season for
their gardens and orchards, a very critical situation for a people who, contrary to
the common misperception, had not a single person on Welfare. Their priceless
baby pictures, wedding pictures, genealogy books, diaries, and other personal
records have been seized with no prospect of their ever being returned.
A formerly self-sustaining community has been reduced to poverty. They now
must pay $544,100.77 in property taxes, but their resources have been wasted and
their source of livelihood cut off. Texas brags that it has spent over 12.4 million
dollars to date on the YFZ raid, including more than a million dollars for bussing
the children from their homes to shelters and foster-care facilities, and yet not one
penny has ever been given to parents to reimburse them for the millions of dollars
they have expended to pay the staggering legal expenses, to visit children scattered
all across the state of Texas, or to rent houses and live in cities away from the
Ranch.
Constitutional rights were trampled upon as though they didn’t apply to the FLDS.

http://www.flds.ws/

See how it goes? Its all in who you listen to.

Here is a middle of the line reporter who has been following cases of polygamy since long before the Texas debacle and knows of which she speaks. She clears up the "bleeding the beast" myths very well.

http://blogs.sltrib.com/plurallife/

I have found that in a search for truth on this case - you have to really dig in and read at a lot of sites. Everyone has thier angle. Know what I mean?

Bleeding the Beast

Thanks for the article!!! I love the comments section, looks like Im not the only one with this question!!! Its really crazy that one poster had said in the comments box that a doctor that used to treat their children told of all these abnormalties (from imbreeding) thats another reason they are also draining tax payers wallets, so not only are they abusing kids, taking money from the government but they are causing abnormalties in children, this whole thing really disgusts me! Those poor dear children brought up in that enviornment have no clue the immoral acts being done to them. Its such a shame I really pray for them...God please help them get out...

Also Glow I posted some questions for you at the end of one of your posts, please respond. Im confused about some things...thanks so much!

Also Glow I posted some questions for you at the end of one of your posts, please respond. Im confused about some things...thanks so much!

I wasnt sure what you meant at first - but I think you meant you posted to me over in the "Rest of the Story" thread. Is that right? If so, I answered you there. Thanks Poly.

Even if they are / were on welfare - they certainly have the right to be don't you think ?
After all the abuse they were put through ?
What should happen ? allow them to starve ?

It is indeed a most horrifying situation and one that disgusts me..MEN who think they are special and use these sects as a cover for what is in fact CHILD and WOMEN ABUSE.

There is no other word for a man who starts a sect, belongs to a sect and has sex with a minor, or makes a woman be pregnant over and over again and forces her to have sex at his whim

It is called Child abuse and it is called Rape

And ALL these sects should be sought out and shut down and LWOP put upon the head of the sect and jail time for the other losers that follow him (not the victims but the men)

Then lets see how many sects keep popping up

Even if they are / were on welfare - they certainly have the right to be don't you think ?

It is indeed a most horrifying situation and one that disgusts me..MEN who think they are special and use these sects as a cover for what is in fact CHILD and WOMEN ABUSE.

There is no other word for a man who starts a sect, belongs to a sect and has sex with a minor, or makes a woman be pregnant over and over again and forces her to have sex at his whim

And ALL these sects should be sought out and shut down and LWOP put upon the head of the sect and jail time for the other losers that follow him (not the victims but the men)

I couldnt agree with you more on the horrifyng situation part, however, I do not think they should be living off the government and our tax money, this is why THE MEN should be taking care of all thewomen they impregnate right? hey they want to knock them up, and have sex with all these women, not allow them to use birth control so THEY can pay for their lives they create. Im sorry but I do not agree with their welfare society. If they are so worried about their children starving they could name the fathers and then welfare would go after them for child support, Im not sure how they get away with this legally, unless they are signing statements that say they do NOT know who the father is, I say DNA test all of them and find out!!! I wish I was rich Id do that for them lol, just to make the men pay like they should.

I wasnt sure what you meant at first - but I think you meant you posted to me over in the "Rest of the Story" thread. Is that right? If so, I answered you there. Thanks Poly.
Ok Ill check thanks :)

Glow,
I agree, that there is a lot in how you slant things. I have read Ms. Adams blog before (although it has been a while) and it is the middle of the road.

I respect your opinion and appreciate your respect of mine. Can we agree to disagree?

Woof

One abused child is too many.

One abused child is too many.

Your relevance to what I wrote is ? sorry but I don't follow what you mean

Poly yes you are right of course but I would say they don't know
Or maybe they have some sort of a death thread over their children if they name the fathers ?

Your relevance to what I wrote is ? sorry but I don't follow what you mean

Poly yes you are right of course but I would say they don't know
Or maybe they have some sort of a death thread over their children if they name the fathers ?

I was kind of answering Glow using your thread. I think there was abuse in the compound - like you said - and even if not all of the cases were RTB, one is to many IMO.

Glow,
I agree, that there is a lot in how you slant things. I have read Ms. Adams blog before (although it has been a while) and it is the middle of the road.

I respect your opinion and appreciate your respect of mine. Can we agree to disagree?
Woof

We sure can!

That in no way however changes the facts of the case. Whatever is true and factual remains just that - in spited of our personal viewpoints.

hey guys, you know what I just thought of.... dont they have to provide social services with BIRTH CERTIFICATES or SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS to provide id and get services??? At least that is what my friend who works for them said...this is turning out to be obviously something they are doing which is very illegal.... how can they have birth certificates if many of them dont even go to the hospital to give birth??? something is soooo fishy about this...

Poly, none of the texas FLDS were on welfare.

Maybe you were thinking of another place or group?

Poly, none of the texas FLDS were on welfare.

Maybe you were thinking of another place or group?
They weren't? I heard it on CNN that there were reportedly over 60 percent or something like that on welfare from all the sects. I would have to believe that because how are they eating? where would they get their money from??? I doubt that they are living on subsistance farming like in the olden days. I dont know but where did you here that info that they were not on welfare? I heard it from several different talk shows and news broadcasts. I would love to know how the men support all their wives and children if they are not recieving government help, can you imagine how much it would cost to feed all of them and raise them??? I dont know I just find it hard to believe they are supporting their own. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back