753 users online (110 members and 643 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmmbr_Cara View Post
    I wish Madeleine had disappeared in the United States. People here could search suspicious places like the river near Spain and this chapel. I wonder if there are people in Portugal who still look for Madeleine.
    I also wonder if people in Portugal are physically looking for Madeleine. My SIL lives out there as was to come back to the UK for a couple of weeks during the christmas holidays, sadly that didn't happen as her son had an accident the morning she was due to fly. Hopefully she will be coming over now the end of January or the beginning of February.

Quote Originally Posted by rmmbr_Cara View Post
    I wish Madeleine had disappeared in the United States. People here could search suspicious places like the river near Spain and this chapel. I wonder if there are people in Portugal who still look for Madeleine.
    Ohhhhhh...... ME TOO!!!! I would take every vacation to look for her. I want to go to Portugal so badly.

Not to mention if she had gone missing in the US, I have a pretty good feeling that the McCanns would be KC's neighbors in the pokey. One of the biggest mess ups in Maddie's case was the heat that Portugal LE took because of the McCanns's connections. Portugal LE was not allowed to do their job completely. They were called bumblers and of course they did not have the technology that England had - so English LE was called in and in my opinion that undermined the integrity of the entire investigation. I do believe Portugal LE learned alot about processing crime scenes and using trained dogs right away, etc. But I really feel the English in the end, stemmied this case.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Ohhhhhh...... ME TOO!!!! I would take every vacation to look for her. I want to go to Portugal so badly.

~snip

Salem

ME THREE!!!! I want to go to Portugal, I have some very specific spots I would like to check out.

Let's make a promise....if any of us comes into a ton of money (I bought a ticket for the $105 million Powerball) we will take a group with us and go!!

I have about 7 of you guys and about the same from Proboards and I would probably invite 3 or 4 from 3A's. I would pay for flights and lodging and I would reserve the Tapas for every night we were there.

What a wonderful dream.....

^^^^^

Hope I'm among the 7 Colomon I would so love to go, not to mention meeting you all! Hope you win!

I could go to Portugal but wouldn't feel right being there alone, would need you guys!

What a dream! Dream big! I love it!

Seriously, the visit with the Pope has always nagged at me. They held up a photo of Madeleine for the Pope to bless.

They didn't release Madeleine's exact height and weight, and to this day we don't seem to have an answer. They never released on their own an age-progressed or appearance changed drawing of Maddie. They never gave an exact time line of what happened before she went missing.

But they were able to travel to a town that was closed for a holiday to put up posters of Maddie, and Gerry came to the U.S. only days after Madeleine went missing, to talk to the U.S. Attorney General, presumably about a European Amber alert.

The visit to the Pope was their memorial service for Madeleine.

That's it.

I agree with you Tex! 100%. What could the pope have done to help them at that point? Nothing. So why would you leave the immediate area and the LE of the place where she went missing? I understand you might travel at some point, but not in the first 2 or 3 weeks. How could you stand it!?! AND they both went....... Never happen in my family. If we had to go, one would go and one would stay. What if they found her?

colomom - I bought a lotto ticket too! If I win, we will go to Portugal!

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I agree with you Tex! 100%. What could the pope have done to help them at that point? Nothing. So why would you leave the immediate area and the LE of the place where she went missing? I understand you might travel at some point, but not in the first 2 or 3 weeks. How could you stand it!?! AND they both went....... Never happen in my family. If we had to go, one would go and one would stay. What if they found her?

colomom - I bought a lotto ticket too! If I win, we will go to Portugal!

Salem
    Fingers and toes crossed Salem!!!

Cologirl is sending you lucky vibes because she wants to go to Portugal too!!

I hope you win Colomom. Not dismissing Portugal's police, but someone should be looking for Madeleine who really wants her found.
    If I don't link it, it's only my opinion.

[Gonçalo Amaral helps English lawyer to "frame" (* ) the McCann]

24 horas
    8 Janeiro 2009

Former English lawyer counts on ex-Pj inspector
    Amaral strikes again against the McCann

In translations: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=446

Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    [Gonçalo Amaral helps English lawyer to "frame" (* ) the McCann]

24 horas
    8 Janeiro 2009

Former English lawyer counts on ex-Pj inspector
    Amaral strikes again against the McCann

In translations: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=446

Hi Colomom and Everyone,

I want to get everyone's thoughts on this. Negligence is a start. I am concerned about the coverup of her death and hiding the body from the law. That is if she didn't die from a hard slap to the head which could have snapped her neck and caused a fine spray of spinal fluid and blood to land on the wall behind the couch! Maybe this is the right starting point to find out the truth and lead to the cause of death and the responsibility thereof.

As to the word FRAME, I think it has a different connotation than to 'CATCH WITH A NET' which was what I thought the word tarder {tarter} says in portugues.

When you frame someone you set them up for a fall even if there is no guilt. You do it to put the blame on someone or somewhere else. IMO

To catch in a net is to position it just right so there is no way from which they can escape.

I think short of NAILING 'EM there is a better word. Maybe I'm wrong. xox

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi Colomom and Everyone,

I want to get everyone's thoughts on this. Negligence is a start. I am concerned about the coverup of her death and hiding the body from the law. That is if she didn't die from a hard slap to the head which could have snapped her neck and caused a fine spray of spinal fluid and blood to land on the wall behind the couch! Maybe this is the right starting point to find out the truth and lead to the cause of death and the responsibility thereof.

As to the word FRAME, I think it has a different connotation than to 'CATCH WITH A NET' which was what I thought the word tarder {tarter} says in portugues.

When you frame someone you set them up for a fall even if there is no guilt. You do it to put the blame on someone or somewhere else. IMO

To catch in a net is to position it just right so there is no way from which they can escape.

I think short of NAILING 'EM there is a better word. Maybe I'm wrong.
    xox
    Hugs and kisses Scandi....

I think the word in question means to say "put in a frame, as in a box or an area from which they cannot escape". This says to me they are referring to making sure they have an airtight case before attempting to take on the power that is the McCann. This has been the "problem" for the PJ and the Portuguese Judicial system. I think Tony's book can help add some nails to that "coffin", which is a place from which they cannot escape.

We are obviously of the same mind (as always my ggrrrlllll)

And BTW....slap with fine spray....I am right there with you on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    Hugs and kisses Scandi....

I think the word in question means to say "put in a frame, as in a box or an area from which they cannot escape". This says to me they are referring to making sure they have an airtight case before attempting to take on the power that is the McCann. This has been the "problem" for the PJ and the Portuguese Judicial system. I think Tony's book can help add some nails to that "coffin", which is a place from which they cannot escape.

We are obviously of the same mind (as always my ggrrrlllll)

And BTW....slap with fine spray....I am right there with you on that one!

Thanks Colomom, That makes perfect sense not using the word frame as a verb. Yes, as in a box that has been constructed on a frame that will hold someone in an airtight environment.

That slap, I just have an inkling in my bones about that too. Remember the PJ said she died a violent death? I thought I read that a few times. I don't think there was anything delicate about her death, like her simply being overdosed and falling into a deep sleep.

To trap and secure those who have evaded the law by cutting deals with those in high places and very cleverly became the sainted parents of an abducted child in a foreign country, it will have to be a well strategized plan to accomplish Justice for this little mite of a girl.

I have every hope it will succeed. There are true Champions for Madeleine hard at work here. I can not give them enough KRAMS

The McCanns will meet justice in this world or the next.

I think Madeleine climbed up on the couch and then fell. I think the McCanns fell asleep after a night out, and found her the next morning. They had time to make a plan, but not a perfect plan.

I just got my copy of Tony Bennett's booklet, What really happened to Madeleine McCann?

People! Get this book! It's riveting and Tony lays out beautifully all the things we spend hours and page after page of posts discussing.

There is nothing but hard cold fact in the book: what was found, what was said. If you have any interest at all in knowing what the facts are--and drawing the undeniable conclusions about what happened to Madeleine McCann--you need to get this book.

I'm back to reading it.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ann/article.do

Read anything there that makes your blood boil?? You first....

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast