1049 users online (214 members and 835 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tickets to Grateful Dead concert found on Jason

The Pennsylvania man could not recall anyone he sold any of the tickets to, not just JD.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsgal View Post
    JD bought his tickets from a Pennsylvania man who sold 20 tickets for the concert, and cannot recall selling any tickets to JD.

Quote Originally Posted by fmw63 View Post
    The show was two days, the 24th and 25th. Both tickets were dated the 25th? Maybe he had a date?
    They were both STUBS as well, which means they were both used for admittance. Someone out there went with this guy, and possibly knows him well enough to ID him. I only say possibly because a lot of deadheads it seems will befriend each other like a family without getting too familiar.

**edited because of duplicate information

examples of the ticket stubs from June 25th can be found in a fans collection:
    http://www.geocities.com/planetwas/tix4.html

Discuss Tickets to GD Concert found on Victim

Quote Originally Posted by Vask View Post
    They were both STUBS as well, which means they were both used for admittance. Someone out there went with this guy, and possibly knows him well enough to ID him. I only say possibly because a lot of deadheads it seems will befriend each other like a family without getting too familiar.
    Fingerprints/DNA on the stubs? Sale date traceable to a ticket agent? hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by fmw63 View Post
    Fingerprints/DNA on the stubs? Sale date traceable to a ticket agent? hmmm?
    The tickets were purchased from a scalper. The scalper could not recall who he had sold the tickets to.

As far as fingerprints, Doe Network lists his prints as being available. So they presumably already have his prints, most likely they were taken from his body postmortem.

What about fingerprints on the tickets from other people? Like one or both of the Caroline's? That's why I asked previously if LE still have the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by marysawol View Post
    What about fingerprints on the tickets from other people? Like one or both of the Caroline's? That's why I asked previously if LE still have the tickets.
    I wonder if they ever checked the note for prints, since presumably one or both girls handled it before it was passed on to "Jason".

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    I wonder if they ever checked the note for prints, since presumably one or both girls handled it before it was passed on to "Jason".

Thank you, that too

Quote Originally Posted by coltsgal View Post
    JD bought his tickets from a Pennsylvania man who sold 20 tickets for the concert, and cannot recall selling any tickets to JD.
    I wonder WHERE the scalper sold all his tickets, AT the concert Or in PA or ???

Quote Originally Posted by phenolred View Post
    I wonder WHERE the scalper sold all his tickets, AT the concert Or in PA or ???
    I believe that I read that the Pennsylvnia man brought the tickets with him to the concert. If this is true, we can assume he sold them outside the concert arena.

What if the Carolines gave Jason the ticket stubs with the note? Maybe Jason was never at the concert. Or maybe he couldn't get a ticket so he hung around outside the concert. There are so many maybes here. He has 2 ticket stubs but the car's driver really didn't know him and was not at the concert. So where did Jason's concert partner go? Or were they really Jason's ticket stubs?

Salem

The Grateful Dead played two nights at RFK. My impression was that the tickets were one each for both shows. He had a t-shirt from that tour, so it seems almost certain that Jason attended the shows.

To resolve the issue of where the scalper sold his 20 tickets, the Doe Network reports that the seller brought 20 tickets to the concert to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    What if the Carolines gave Jason the ticket stubs with the note? Maybe Jason was never at the concert. Or maybe he couldn't get a ticket so he hung around outside the concert. There are so many maybes here. He has 2 ticket stubs but the car's driver really didn't know him and was not at the concert. So where did Jason's concert partner go? Or were they really Jason's ticket stubs?

Salem
    I've never bought the idea that Jason would be carrying stubs for tickets that he didn't use. That just seems so odd to me that someone would want ticket stubs after the fact for a concert he didn't attend. Jason wasn't even carrying ID and yet he had stubs he was taking home as a keepsake for a concert he didn't attend...

Fukiyama - I agree that it would be unusual to have ticket stubs to a concert or event you never attended. I do think we need to think outside the box here, though. It could be that the tickets were for 2 different shows - that would make sense. Otherwise, why have 2? Both used? And the other party is never to be found again? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either. It seems if Jason had a date and he kept both ticket stubs (which wouldn't have been that unusual) the other party would have come forward by now in an attempt to reach Jason. Maybe they did look for him soon after the accident and well before so much info was posted on the web. It's hard, because we don't know where he came from.....

Salem

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast