1211 users online (206 members and 1005 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ID - Sage Aragon, 11, frozen to death, Blaine County, 25 Dec 2008

This just broke my heart. Think about the father driving back to his own home and not even letting the mother know the children were being left to walk 10 miles in icy, snowy conditions:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6186220.html

OMG- This freaking monster didnt deserve to have kids. WHY not leave the kids with him until he got the truck un-stuck and then take them to their mom's house?

Thanks for the article Tex- I havent read too many more details. It sounds like a cutody/resentment towards the mother. I fathom monsters who use thier children as pawns!!!

BTW- Im glad the boy survived. It must have broke his heart to leave his sister behind, but Im glad he kept moving and staying warm. Poor babies. RIP.

WHY ?????????????????????????/

Why didnt he leave them IN The truck while he fixed it

The only thing I can guess is that he cared no more for these children on Christmas than he did at any other point in his life.

What kind of man leaves his children alone to walk in snowy conditions, ten miles?

This is just so heartbreaking. The fact that it hasn't received much publicity is almost as heartbreaking.

He left a fifth grader and a sixth grader to walk ten miles in weather that stopped his vehicle.

He deserves a lot more than he's probably going to get on this earth.

How horrific. That poor boy seeing his sister die and not being able to do anything about it. What a horrible, tragic situation. That poor girl. That poor family.

What a terrible person? Is that even reasonable? Ever? Dumping your kids to walk 10 miles? In snow or not, it seems totally out of normal thinking.

I am speechless, I am just speechless! WTH was he thinking?

This article state's Aragon's cousin was with them and he tells a slightly different story.

IMO, anyone who let's / leaves children to walk in that kind of weather deserves the death penalty...

http://www.kmvt.com/news/local/36854829.html

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    How horrific. That poor boy seeing his sister die and not being able to do anything about it. What a horrible, tragic situation. That poor girl. That poor family.

What a terrible person? Is that even reasonable? Ever? Dumping your kids to walk 10 miles? In snow or not, it seems totally out of normal thinking.
    That's what I was thinking, mae. Whether or not it was cold, although obviously that made it much worse, who could let their kids walk that far?

. . . After Ingram noted that second-degree murder carries a maximum penalty of life in prison, Aragon said "Oh my God" as he banged his head on the table one final time. . . . While she [the children's mother] said she doesn't understand the decision Aragon is accused of making in letting the children walk to her house, Jenks added, "I don't need to sit and yell. I know he's going through hell right now." http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,473785,00.html
    Yes, he seems to be quite upset that he may be facing life in prison.

This view looks east along West Magic Road, one mile from Highway 75, approximately where a sedan with two children and two adults became stuck on a snow drift and the children were allowed to continue on foot.
    http://www.sunvalleyonline.com/news/...D_Article=6175
    (More pictures of the route and a detailed story at link)
    "Sage was found wearing tan snow boots, a black top and a down jacket but only pajama bottoms for her bottom half."

I am so sad for this child.
    The father deserves nothing less than the full penalty allowable by law.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Yes, he seems to be quite upset that he may be facing life in prison.

This view looks east along West Magic Road, one mile from Highway 75, approximately where a sedan with two children and two adults became stuck on a snow drift and the children were allowed to continue on foot.
    http://www.sunvalleyonline.com/news/...D_Article=6175
    (More pictures of the route and a detailed story at link)
    "Sage was found wearing tan snow boots, a black top and a down jacket but only pajama bottoms for her bottom half."
    Both of these "men" deserve everything they receive. Both of them are responsible here!! Who in their right mind allow two children to walk, improperly dressed, in a freaking blizzard, 10 miles to their mother's home???? AND (!!!!!), never go looking for them after these "men" get car out of snow????? NEVER even thought to check up on them once back to Jerome!!!! POS. Life term in prison is too good for them.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryLife View Post
    Both of these "men" deserve everything they receive. Both of them are responsible here!! Who in their right mind allow two children to walk, improperly dressed, in a freaking blizzard, 10 miles to their mother's home???? AND (!!!!!), never go looking for them after these "men" get car out of snow????? NEVER even thought to check up on them once back to Jerome!!!! POS. Life term in prison is too good for them.
    I agree! The cousin should be charged, too. I wonder if these men were under the influence of something.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    I agree! The cousin should be charged, too. I wonder if these men were under the influence of something.
    I will not be surprised when charges will be brought up against the cousin as well. At the very least, reckless endangerment. Maybe LE will get lucky and this guy will say too much even if it's to the media. I cannot wrap my mind around allowing your children to walk in a blizzard! My first instinctive thought is that the father was pissed. Pissed concerning driving his children to their mother, pissed getting car stuck, and finally just said 'screw it". I bet he has had some real anger issues concerning his family....
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryLife View Post
    My first instinctive thought is that the father was pissed. Pissed concerning driving his children to their mother, pissed getting car stuck, and finally just said 'screw it". I bet he has had some real anger issues concerning his family....
    The scary thing is that, if I understand correctly, he is the parent who has custody! I bet he's really pissed he's being charged, especially with all that banging his head on the table, like "Why do these things happen to me?"

The timeline is particularly damning:

http://www.mtexpress.com/vu_breaking_story.php?bid=6467

They fixed the truck in a short time but did not go back to look for the children...just left them there.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/w...E-rescued.html

Dad does look broken up in court photo...wonder if substance abuse was a factor in the fatally poor judgement.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast