889 users online (183 members and 706 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Is the bag MR found in August the same bag he found in December?

Voters
283. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely the same bag

55 19.43%
  • Maybe the same bag

67 23.67%
  • Absolutely NOT the same bag

84 29.68%
  • I have no idea

77 27.21%

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Poll- Was the bag the Meter Reader saw in August the same bag he found in December?

I am of the impression that what he found in August was in a different location and was a different color than the bag in December.

It sounds like some people are convinced it was the same bag both times.

I know we don't know everything but I'd like to see what everyone thinks.

If you're speaking of the "grey bag" when it was originally a "black bag", there is a simple explanation for that. A black garbage bag that sits in the sunlight over time takes on a greyish look to the part exposed to the sun from bleaching and weather erosion. IMO, it's the same bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    If you're speaking of the "grey bag" when it was originally a "black bag", there is a simple explanation for that. A black garbage bag that sits in the sunlight over time takes on a greyish look to the part exposed to the sun from bleaching and weather erosion. IMO, it's the same bag.
    As I recall, it was stated to be a grey or white bag in August and it was said (and shown in the pictures) to be a black bag.

How would you explain that it went from white or grey to black beetween August and December? I can reasonably assume the opposite, it would lighten from exposure. But I cannot understand how anybody can believe it would darken from white to black.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    I am of the impression that what he found in August was in a different location and was a different color than the bag in December.

It sounds like some people are convinced it was the same bag both times.

I know we don't know everything but I'd like to see what everyone thinks.
    I am of the opinion that it was a different bag, but the MR, interested in the case, had a hunch and went back to look again.

BTW, I am curious about his assigned meter-reading route. Was he not working the Anthony neighborhood from Aug-Dec and then reassigned? So upon returning, he decided to look again?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattymarie View Post
    I am of the opinion that it was a different bag, but the MR, interested in the case, had a hunch and went back to look again.

BTW, I am curious about his assigned meter-reading route. Was he not working the Anthony neighborhood from Aug-Dec and then reassigned? So upon returning, he decided to look again?
    That's what I've heard- he was in that area in the summer and reassigned until he returned in December.

For those who think it is the same bag, can you explain why? There was so much trash back there. No duct tape was mentioned on the August bag. A white board was mentioned with the august bag.

I believe the bag with Caylee's remains was placed in those woods by her mother in June and remained in the same spot. The bag reported in August was a different bag in my opinion.

I'm not gonna vote yet.... on NG last night weren't they saying the meter reader confirmed it was the same bag he saw back in August? If so, then nothing makes sense. Why would it be there Aug. 11 and 12, not be there when he went looking with the deputy on the 13th, then re-appear months later? I don't think the storms/flooding would account for that.

I voted it was not the same bag, I heard it was grey, the one Caylees remains were found in is black, I also believe the bag with Caylees remains has been there since Casey put it there in June
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

I am still reserving judgement until we know more from a reliable source. For that matter, I'm not even sure that the MM will know to an absolute certainty, though that may sound strange.

star444 is offline When an angel crosses YOUR path... Will you notice?
    Unless he very closely examined the garbage bag back in August, and found something unusual about it, there's no way he can say with certainty that it is the "same" garbage bag. Garbage bags are just too generic.

I don't think it matters if "the bag" is the same or not. I voted "maybe". The point is that at the time MR fist called, he spotted a suspicious garbage bag AND a foul odor. Same bag/different bag doesn't matter....at that time...Aug 11....the "right bag" was more than likely in those woods. He may have associated the odor with a garbage bag that may or may not have been the "right bag", either way the man was correct in his thinking that the odor came from a garbage bag, in those woods, with remains inside. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock's Tickin View Post
    I don't think it matters if "the bag" is the same or not. I voted "maybe". The point is that at the time MR fist called, he spotted a suspicious garbage bag AND a foul odor. Same bag/different bag doesn't matter....at that time...Aug 11....the "right bag" was more than likely in those woods. He may have associated the odor with a garbage bag that may or may not have been the "right bag", either way the man was correct in his thinking that the odor came from a garbage bag, in those woods, with remains inside. End of story.
    where did you see he reported a foul odor?
    i don't think it could be same bag. there is no way that a body in a bag would go undetected if it were in fact that bag. i just don't see it. i don't see what a white board would have anything to do with caylee either. jmo

She was rebagged and moved by Lee. The reason for the high 5. "l
    Look close to home, same place as last time? " These are similar quotes of the coded conversation.
    Be sure to watch for my book I'd die for you.
    Some accounts from real DMV victims
    Hopefully will be published
    First ten to IM me will get a free copy sent to them.
    Des Sands

Quote Originally Posted by Clock's Tickin View Post
    The point is that at the time MR fist called, he spotted a suspicious garbage bag AND a foul odor.
    Foul odor? Link please where you heard foul odor.

Heard it on NG when the news first broke on the fact that MR had previously attempted to report the possibility of "something" 3 times in August. I'll see if I can find a way to link it (I'm not very good at that part, but I'll try-LOL)
    *off to dig for link*

If it was a lighter coloured bag he saw in August, it could've darkened because it was underwater and just from exposure. That being said, I don't know if it's the same bag!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast