Poll- Was the bag the Meter Reader saw in August the same bag he found in December?

Is the bag MR found in August the same bag he found in December?

• Absolutely the same bag

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Maybe the same bag

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • Absolutely NOT the same bag

Votes: 84 29.7%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 77 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate

Former Member
Reaction score
I am of the impression that what he found in August was in a different location and was a different color than the bag in December.

It sounds like some people are convinced it was the same bag both times.

I know we don't know everything but I'd like to see what everyone thinks.

If you're speaking of the "grey bag" when it was originally a "black bag", there is a simple explanation for that. A black garbage bag that sits in the sunlight over time takes on a greyish look to the part exposed to the sun from bleaching and weather erosion. IMO, it's the same bag.

If you're speaking of the "grey bag" when it was originally a "black bag", there is a simple explanation for that. A black garbage bag that sits in the sunlight over time takes on a greyish look to the part exposed to the sun from bleaching and weather erosion. IMO, it's the same bag.

As I recall, it was stated to be a grey or white bag in August and it was said (and shown in the pictures) to be a black bag.

How would you explain that it went from white or grey to black beetween August and December? I can reasonably assume the opposite, it would lighten from exposure. But I cannot understand how anybody can believe it would darken from white to black.

I am of the impression that what he found in August was in a different location and was a different color than the bag in December.

It sounds like some people are convinced it was the same bag both times.

I know we don't know everything but I'd like to see what everyone thinks.

I am of the opinion that it was a different bag, but the MR, interested in the case, had a hunch and went back to look again.

BTW, I am curious about his assigned meter-reading route. Was he not working the Anthony neighborhood from Aug-Dec and then reassigned? So upon returning, he decided to look again?

I am of the opinion that it was a different bag, but the MR, interested in the case, had a hunch and went back to look again.

BTW, I am curious about his assigned meter-reading route. Was he not working the Anthony neighborhood from Aug-Dec and then reassigned? So upon returning, he decided to look again?

That's what I've heard- he was in that area in the summer and reassigned until he returned in December.

For those who think it is the same bag, can you explain why? There was so much trash back there. No duct tape was mentioned on the August bag. A white board was mentioned with the august bag.

I believe the bag with Caylee's remains was placed in those woods by her mother in June and remained in the same spot. The bag reported in August was a different bag in my opinion.

I'm not gonna vote yet.... on NG last night weren't they saying the meter reader confirmed it was the same bag he saw back in August? If so, then nothing makes sense. Why would it be there Aug. 11 and 12, not be there when he went looking with the deputy on the 13th, then re-appear months later? I don't think the storms/flooding would account for that.

I voted it was not the same bag, I heard it was grey, the one Caylees remains were found in is black, I also believe the bag with Caylees remains has been there since Casey put it there in June

I am still reserving judgement until we know more from a reliable source. For that matter, I'm not even sure that the MM will know to an absolute certainty, though that may sound strange.

Unless he very closely examined the garbage bag back in August, and found something unusual about it, there's no way he can say with certainty that it is the "same" garbage bag. Garbage bags are just too generic.

I don't think it matters if "the bag" is the same or not. I voted "maybe". The point is that at the time MR fist called, he spotted a suspicious garbage bag AND a foul odor. Same bag/different bag doesn't matter....at that time...Aug 11....the "right bag" was more than likely in those woods. He may have associated the odor with a garbage bag that may or may not have been the "right bag", either way the man was correct in his thinking that the odor came from a garbage bag, in those woods, with remains inside. End of story.

I don't think it matters if "the bag" is the same or not. I voted "maybe". The point is that at the time MR fist called, he spotted a suspicious garbage bag AND a foul odor. Same bag/different bag doesn't matter....at that time...Aug 11....the "right bag" was more than likely in those woods. He may have associated the odor with a garbage bag that may or may not have been the "right bag", either way the man was correct in his thinking that the odor came from a garbage bag, in those woods, with remains inside. End of story.
where did you see he reported a foul odor?
i don't think it could be same bag. there is no way that a body in a bag would go undetected if it were in fact that bag. i just don't see it. i don't see what a white board would have anything to do with caylee either. jmo

She was rebagged and moved by Lee. The reason for the high 5. "l
Look close to home, same place as last time? " These are similar quotes of the coded conversation.

Heard it on NG when the news first broke on the fact that MR had previously attempted to report the possibility of "something" 3 times in August. I'll see if I can find a way to link it (I'm not very good at that part, but I'll try-LOL)
*off to dig for link*

If it was a lighter coloured bag he saw in August, it could've darkened because it was underwater and just from exposure. That being said, I don't know if it's the same bag!

Heard it on NG when the news first broke on the fact that MR had previously attempted to report the possibility of "something" 3 times in August. I'll see if I can find a way to link it (I'm not very good at that part, but I'll try-LOL)
*off to dig for link*

NG shows and transcripts are here I have a feeling that the "foul order' comment was added commentary more so then fact.

I voted absolutely a different bag.

I don't even think it was in the same area.

I do not believe what he saw at that time was Caylee's remains. That lot is about an acre, dense foliage and vegetation, under water most of the time. Right before Faye there was Hurrican Ike. TM/TES tried to search there but he almost lost one of his four wheelers in the swamp. I do recall when TM went to the scene, the day they found Caylee's remains, he took note of the brown leaves underneath that bag which told him that bag was there a very long time.

METER READER 911 CALLS RELEASED

Three 911 calls released by the Orange County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday show that Roy Kronk, the meter reader who found Caylee’s remains, was very suspicious of the swampy area not far from the Anthony home months before the official discovery was made.

Kronk first called 911 about something in the area on August 11, 2008.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KRONK 911 CALLS: Aug. 11 | Aug. 12 | Aug. 13 | Dec. 11
MESSAGE BOARD: Caylee Anthony's Remains Found
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I noticed something that looked white and there was... I don't know what it is. I'm not telling you it's Caylee or anything of that nature," Kronk told a dispatcher.

Before hanging up that first day he explained why he thought someone should check it out.

"Once again, I have no idea what it was, so and I don't want to waste any more of the county's money, but I'm just telling you I saw something," Kronk said.

Deputies did go to the scene, but didn't find anything. The next day, Kronk called again to describe the area.

"There is a fallen tree that looks like someone tried to cut on it at one point," said Kronk.

Before hanging up with the dispatcher the second time, Kronk was asked to call Crimeline. Kronk said he didn't want to because he's a county employee.

"You can still do it regardless if you're a county employee. You can remain anonymous," the dispatcher said

"Not if they find a freaking body," he replied.

On the third day, August 13, 2008, Kronk called again and waited for deputies to arrive. Together, they didn't find anything.

Caylee wasn't found until December 11, 2008, when a final call was made to 911 by Kronk's boss after Kronk discovered a skull.
http://www.wftv.com/centralfloridaho...56/detail.html

NG shows and transcripts are here I have a feeling that the "foul order' comment was added commentary more so then fact.

Very true. I don't take anything that Nancy Grace says as fact- in most cases it's drama, exploitation and speculation.

Now her guests- experts, attorneys and insiders seem to be credible- but most of the time rude Nancy doesn't let anyone complete their thoughts.

I do watch NG- but I don't really listen to what she says- but I do listen to the experts, professionals and persons related to the case (other than LP- I think he's a blowhard) when they appear on her show.

I voted absolutely a different bag.

I don't even think it was in the same area.

I do not believe what he saw at that time was Caylee's remains. That lot is about an acre, dense foliage and vegetation, under water most of the time. Right before Faye there was Hurrican Ike. TM/TES tried to search there but he almost lost one of his four wheelers in the swamp. I do recall when TM went to the scene, the day they found Caylee's remains, he took note of the brown leaves underneath that bag which told him that bag was there a very long time.

I think that the fact that the MR (with LE) couldn't find the bag again on the 13th shows how dense the foliage was in that area. If he had marked the exact spot in some way, it might have been possible to find it again. I don't know if it is the same bag or not and unless the MR had marked the bag itself in someway, I don't think he or anyone else can say for certain that it is the same bag. I voted maybe because I don't think there is any way to know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member