758 users online (111 members and 647 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Did Lee, the Anthonys' or a friend have a police scanner?

Thinking these people have had a jump on everything, especially now that we have so much more crazy information.
    This whole thing is way out of control. Alot of fodder for the defense even though LE had KC dead to rights. I still say they can raise enough doubt to sway one confused little juror. If not all the A's are indeed going down with her as there's no other explanation.
    I started the thread, Place where body found, Too Strange and since I've stuck with that analogy.
    Can anyone else think of reasons they would be so on top of things and why all this confusion?
    Be sure to watch for my book I'd die for you.
    Some accounts from real DMV victims
    Hopefully will be published
    First ten to IM me will get a free copy sent to them.
    Des Sands

Quote Originally Posted by DesSands View Post
    Thinking these people have had a jump on everything, especially now that we have so much more crazy information.
    This whole thing is way out of control. Alot of fodder for the defense even though LE had KC dead to rights. I still say they can raise enough doubt to sway one confused little juror. If not all the A's are indeed going down with her as there's no other explanation.
    I started the thread, Place where body found, Too Strange and since I've stuck with that analogy.
    Can anyone else think of reasons they would be so on top of things and why all this confusion?
    good question. a scanner would have been handy. they seem like people who would have those, well lee at least. and you can pick up phone covos with those too.

I would not be surprised if LA had a scanner. He seemed to enjoy is investigative role.

Heck you can listen on the computer these days. Here is an example, and it is Orlando:

http://heliosj.iddings.us/main/scanner

That is just a traffic type channel..there are loads of other more interesting one's on a scanner.
    My daughter dated a County Sherrif for awhile and insisted she have a scanner so she knew he was o.k. They have a direct private channel that no one can hear but LE but all the others are very interesting.

Maybe since GA was ex-LE he had one?

Quote Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
    Maybe since GA was ex-LE he had one?
    Very possible. Hey, maybe LE confiscated it during one of their searches. LOL

Even if they had one, for the really important things you'd need to know the codes and each department has their own codes. We always had scanners going in the newsroom when I was a reporter. They might use actually words and phrases for the not so important things but they always used code if it was something they thought might draw rubberneckers.

We had the codes but it's not something handed out when you buy a scanner. The various police and sheriff's departments gave us theirs.

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    You can actually pick up the police scanner online. When this case first began and we were wondering if Casey was going to be re-arrested, some nice person gave us all a link to police scanners in that area.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

Whoa Excellant question- maybe SOMEONE heard Roys calls back in August through the scanner- and checked it out themselves- hmmmmmmmm
    ~Wake Me Up When This Nightmare is Over~

or did LA have a LE buddy telling him what was next???

Let's not forget that KC was apparently dating half the younger force--the reason one young officer resigned and another one got fired in late Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by MUGENDAI View Post
    good question. a scanner would have been handy. they seem like people who would have those, well lee at least. and you can pick up phone covos with those too.
    You use to be able to pick up phone conversations with scanners back in the day..Since the day that the 800 mhz phones came on the market you can no longer catch phone calls...even landlines that are using handheld cordless phones with that high of a frequency can no longer be detected on scanners...And most of your large police stations have went to 900 mhz and unless you have a very expensive scanner you can no longer hear what the officers are being dispatched to, or what their response to the call is.
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire4ever View Post
    Heck you can listen on the computer these days. Here is an example, and it is Orlando:

http://heliosj.iddings.us/main/scanner
    I am shocked that you can hear that on the internet...no reason for the crimals to buy a scanner they can just listen on a computer they have probably stolen..rediculous.....
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    I am shocked that you can hear that on the internet...no reason for the crimals to buy a scanner they can just listen on a computer they have probably stolen..rediculous.....
    One other thing to consider is the laws in the state of Florida in regards to owning a police scanner as well. There are certain states that do not allow for a civilian outside of the scope of law enforcement or media to own a scanner. They don't want the bad guys being one step ahead of them and having the ability to conduct crime diversions so they can commit the actual crime itself. I don't know what the law is in Florida and alot of LE across the U.S. has gone to Motorola type of scanners that operate on higher frequencies as well.
    I was told to cheer up, it COULD be worse...........sure enough I cheered up? And it got worse!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast