Did Lee, the Anthonys' or a friend have a police scanner?

DesSands

Author I'd die for you & White Satin
Reaction score
Thinking these people have had a jump on everything, especially now that we have so much more crazy information.
This whole thing is way out of control. Alot of fodder for the defense even though LE had KC dead to rights. I still say they can raise enough doubt to sway one confused little juror. If not all the A's are indeed going down with her as there's no other explanation.
I started the thread, Place where body found, Too Strange and since I've stuck with that analogy.
Can anyone else think of reasons they would be so on top of things and why all this confusion? :confused:

Thinking these people have had a jump on everything, especially now that we have so much more crazy information.
This whole thing is way out of control. Alot of fodder for the defense even though LE had KC dead to rights. I still say they can raise enough doubt to sway one confused little juror. If not all the A's are indeed going down with her as there's no other explanation.
I started the thread, Place where body found, Too Strange and since I've stuck with that analogy.
Can anyone else think of reasons they would be so on top of things and why all this confusion? :confused:

good question. a scanner would have been handy. they seem like people who would have those, well lee at least. and you can pick up phone covos with those too.

I would not be surprised if LA had a scanner. He seemed to enjoy is investigative role.

That is just a traffic type channel..there are loads of other more interesting one's on a scanner. :)
My daughter dated a County Sherrif for awhile and insisted she have a scanner so she knew he was o.k. They have a direct private channel that no one can hear but LE but all the others are very interesting.

Even if they had one, for the really important things you'd need to know the codes and each department has their own codes. We always had scanners going in the newsroom when I was a reporter. They might use actually words and phrases for the not so important things but they always used code if it was something they thought might draw rubberneckers.

We had the codes but it's not something handed out when you buy a scanner. The various police and sheriff's departments gave us theirs.

You can actually pick up the police scanner online. When this case first began and we were wondering if Casey was going to be re-arrested, some nice person gave us all a link to police scanners in that area.

Whoa Excellant question- maybe SOMEONE heard Roys calls back in August through the scanner- and checked it out themselves- hmmmmmmmm

Let's not forget that KC was apparently dating half the younger force--the reason one young officer resigned and another one got fired in late Aug.

good question. a scanner would have been handy. they seem like people who would have those, well lee at least. and you can pick up phone covos with those too.

You use to be able to pick up phone conversations with scanners back in the day..Since the day that the 800 mhz phones came on the market you can no longer catch phone calls...even landlines that are using handheld cordless phones with that high of a frequency can no longer be detected on scanners...And most of your large police stations have went to 900 mhz and unless you have a very expensive scanner you can no longer hear what the officers are being dispatched to, or what their response to the call is.

I am shocked that you can hear that on the internet...no reason for the crimals to buy a scanner they can just listen on a computer they have probably stolen..rediculous.....

One other thing to consider is the laws in the state of Florida in regards to owning a police scanner as well. There are certain states that do not allow for a civilian outside of the scope of law enforcement or media to own a scanner. They don't want the bad guys being one step ahead of them and having the ability to conduct crime diversions so they can commit the actual crime itself. I don't know what the law is in Florida and alot of LE across the U.S. has gone to Motorola type of scanners that operate on higher frequencies as well.

Let's not forget that KC was apparently dating half the younger force--the reason one young officer resigned and another one got fired in late Aug.

maybe that is why she claims or behaves as if she does not trust LE? maybe the defense will claim that some spurned LE lover was trying to frame her.
ew.

i think if the As had a scanner that would have made it easier for KC to run and she would be long gone by now. like, in the beginning.

it is possible that LA has one or had one, and maybe that is why everything he does seems shady and weird, its because he has this inside info that he can't really say he has.

and yeah, FL is pretty lax about scanners etc. this is THE PLACE for weirdos of all flavors (law/police scanner monitor junkies, gun fanatics, knife weirdos, etc.) its easy to get pretty much any weird thing you want here with little or no effort.
and no i am not talking about contraband.:crazy:

This could be the case. An ex of mine worked for a towing company that LE called to tow the carnage of horrible accidents. He used a scanner to listen for potential situations in which he may be called to.

Once, he threatened suicide to manipulate me, and then hung up the phone and wouldn't answer when I called back. So i called 911. He heard the dispatch for the police to check him (by name) for potential suicide (by knife) at his address. Of course, all the people he worked with were also listening.

He called me back, frantic, telling me to call them back and tell them I was mistaken! I didn't...and he never pulled that crap on me again.

But he sure knew ahead of time that he needed to open the door and appear calm, etc.

The man across the street from me has a police scanner- hears all the calls, etc- I am in Florida and they are allowed.

I'm confused. What things did the A's always have a jump on?

I have never heard of a single state that has laws against owning a police scanner. They broadcast over open frequencies, there is no way they can regulate that. Even if they did have a police scanner, what difference would it make? The detectives aren't discussing this case on open frequencies.

As to the body found in a "strange place", I don't find anything strange about it. In fact, this is the kind of area where I suggested she would be found - an area deserted during a certain time of day, close to her house and not far off the road. You know how I knew this? Because this is the way people (unless they're psychopaths, which would mean a whole different emotional dynamic) tend to get rid of bodies. No one wants to be caught with a dead body in the car so they dispose of it as rapidly as they can.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back