The Possible Abuse of Caylee REVISIT

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
"The Anthony's didn't love Caylee enough to keep her safe and they didn't love her more than KC. CA must save KC at all costs. IF CA had loved Caylee enough she would NEVER have let KC take her off at nite to spend the nite in various boyfriends beds, laying around on couches at parties where there was booze and drugs and who knows what else and sleeping where? In the trunk of the car??? CA didn't care enough about Caylee to find out what sort of life the poor child was leading. Caylee was a VERY abused child. I wish to God someone had called child protective services long ago."

This post was on another thread, but it says things so well I thought it is worth a thread of its own.

From the time I read that Casey was taking this small child along with her to parties where the child had to sleep on the sofa while mommy partied with her friends I immediately thought "child abuse".

Then when I read about her having the child sleep in the bed with her and boyfriend Rico - I was apalled!

I believe somewhere along the line Cindy stated (either at a hearing or in one of her interviews) that prior to Casey leaving on June 16th that there were very few nights when she and Caylee were not at home. Does anyone really believe this?

These grandparents were financially supporting Casey and allowing her to drag this poor tot around town with her, yet knew she was irresponsible to the extent of stealing regularly from them and that she had expanded to stealing from other family members as well.

I just cannot fathom the scenario that George and Cindy thought Casey was at work and that Caylee was with a babysitter or nanny. I cannot fathom that they did not have any interest in KNOWING who was caring for their grandchild while Casey "worked".

I think they were just grateful for the respite from KC constant talking wanting give me whinning . You cant believe the drain these people are - they literally suck the
life energy out of you . Their constant talking eventually forces you to just shut down your critical thinking part of your brain. You accept their altered reality for peace. Otherwise the ranting blaming hurricane of temper tantrum can go on for days on end. Its no fun living with a wingnut .

"The Anthony's didn't love Caylee enough to keep her safe and they didn't love her more than KC. CA must save KC at all costs. IF CA had loved Caylee enough she would NEVER have let KC take her off at nite to spend the nite in various boyfriends beds, laying around on couches at parties where there was booze and drugs and who knows what else and sleeping where? In the trunk of the car??? CA didn't care enough about Caylee to find out what sort of life the poor child was leading. Caylee was a VERY abused child. I wish to God someone had called child protective services long ago."

This post was on another thread, but it says things so well I thought it is worth a thread of its own.

From the time I read that Casey was taking this small child along with her to parties where the child had to sleep on the sofa while mommy partied with her friends I immediately thought "child abuse".

Then when I read about her having the child sleep in the bed with her and boyfriend Rico - I was apalled!

I believe somewhere along the line Cindy stated (either at a hearing or in one of her interviews) that prior to Casey leaving on June 16th that there were very few nights when she and Caylee were not at home. Does anyone really believe this?

These grandparents were financially supporting Casey and allowing her to drag this poor tot around town with her, yet knew she was irresponsible to the extent of stealing regularly from them and that she had expanded to stealing from other family members as well.

I just cannot fathom the scenario that George and Cindy thought Casey was at work and that Caylee was with a babysitter or nanny. I cannot fathom that they did not have any interest in KNOWING who was caring for their grandchild while Casey "worked".

How about Casey mooching off her parents in addition to all that stated above? I guess I am less understanding because when I became pregnant at 19, I bought a condo, worked, and went to school full-time. It never occured to me to make my parents support me and my child. Casey was just an irresponsible, liar and her actions show she didn't really give a damn about Caylee.

i watched the bond hearings last night for the first time and found the testimony of YM interesting where he said they got a tip from a hairdresser that said she saw caylee with bruises all over her arms and legs and a mark under her eye...YM then found a photo of caylee that had been posted online showing a mark under her eye which in his mind substantiated the hairdresser's claims and that in turn led him to question the A's about the kind of mother casey is, how she would discipline caylee, etc.
i have no doubt caylee experienced some form of physical and emotional abuse at the hands of her mother and it amazes me that cindy, a registered nurse, did not see that. (or if she did, she ignored it or took too long to take any action)

I think they were just grateful for the respite from KC constant talking wanting give me whinning . You cant believe the drain these people are - they literally suck the
life energy out of you . Their constant talking eventually forces you to just shut down your critical thinking part of your brain. You accept their altered reality for peace. Otherwise the ranting blaming hurricane of temper tantrum can go on for days on end. Its no fun living with a wingnut .

i see you've been there too. i'm sorry and i am sincere in that.

i think that pretty much anyone around casey anthony is abused in some way but i cannot excuse her parents behaviour. i can give you possible reasons, as sharpar has, but i wouldn't ever try to excuse it.

She was the mother - just how were they suppose to stop her? I don't for a minute think CA ALLOWED KC to drag Caylee around town --- I just don't think there was much she could do about it!!!

Although I think it is not terribly wise to take small children to parties where alcohol and drugs are served, it's done all the time. Heck, my husband and I took our little ones to parties and campouts all the time! I do think Casey was indifferent to the needs of her little girl, that she was satisfied to have her parents take care of the child's needs, but Casey's close friends have stated that they never saw any abuse or anything expressed but love between Casey and Caylee...indifference becomes abuse when the child's needs fail to be met, but I'm not sure exactly when the situation changed from a loving but indifferent mom to a mom who truly didn't give a carp and was able to put duct tape across those tiny lips. But I suspect it started immediately upon Casey leaving the home and realizing Mommy was going to be responsible for her child from now on.

I'm not quite sure how that translates into abuse by Cindy? Do we know that Cindy knew Caylee was being taken to parties? Or was she being told that Casey was bringing Caylee to the nanny?

The quote included in the first post assumes that Cindy and George knew Caylee was being dragged from pillar to post, and there isn't enough information to know if that is true or not. There is also no way for the original poster to have any clue to how much Caylee was loved.....I think her grandparents loved her very, very much. Caylee was "Nan's sunshine" wasn't she?

Children's Services would have been very interested in KC's lifestyle had they been notified. There was no income besides stealing,no home, men in and out of the bed with the child in it.....mothers have had children taken away from them fo thse things. This was an emergency situation and part of loving your child or grandchild is to do what has to be done however unpleasant that may be. There were many many signs that KC was unstable before he daughter died.

Casey's close friends have stated that they never saw any abuse or anything expressed but love between Casey and Caylee...indifference becomes abuse when the child's needs fail to be met, but I'm not sure exactly when the situation changed from a loving but indifferent mom to a mom who truly didn't give a carp and was able to put duct tape across those tiny lips.

i don't think there was any change. i don't think the loving mother her friends saw ever existed. casey just played whatever part she felt would gain her the most approval, but in truth casey is an empty shell devoid of even a personality of her own. when she's not pretending to be whatever other people want her to be, or whatever will get her the maximum attention, she's nothing at all, and a creature without love, remorse or conscience is capable of anything.

if cindy really did confide in people that she believed casey to be a sociopath then she knows what a sociopath is and that caylee could very well be in danger when there was no one there to see what casey did when she was alone with her. but knowing someone is a sociopath and proving it to the point that you can get custody of their child are two very different things.

How about Casey mooching off her parents in addition to all that stated above? I guess I am less understanding because when I became pregnant at 19, I bought a condo, worked, and went to school full-time. It never occured to me to make my parents support me and my child. Casey was just an irresponsible, liar and her actions show she didn't really give a damn about Caylee.

Okay, I am going to have to agree with this, my situation somewhat the same - I get out of the military, I have a toddler and I'm pregnant - I move home for three months - not one time did I consider my parents my meal ticket - I moved out after living there for three months - I got a job, apt, babysitter and a car

I cringe when I think of the enabling the A's did for Casey and I do consider them partially responsible for Caylee's abuse and death - JUST by enabling Casey they allowed this to happen

i watched the bond hearings last night for the first time and found the testimony of YM interesting where he said they got a tip from a hairdresser that said she saw caylee with bruises all over her arms and legs and a mark under her eye...YM then found a photo of caylee that had been posted online showing a mark under her eye which in his mind substantiated the hairdresser's claims and that in turn led him to question the A's about the kind of mother casey is, how she would discipline caylee, etc.
i have no doubt caylee experienced some form of physical and emotional abuse at the hands of her mother and it amazes me that cindy, a registered nurse, did not see that. (or if she did, she ignored it or took too long to take any action)

IIRC, Ricardo later explained that photo of Caylee with a mark on her face as having happened at his apt. Cayle tripped/feel and hit the edge of a coffee table. Sounded true to me.
I can't quite see CA being physically abusive to Caylee, but I can see her using Caylee as an emotional pawn in her games with KC. Whether Caylee was too little for this to have left a lasting effect will never be known. Kids are so resilent, so open and unconditional in the love they give, I don't think she was old enough to understand she was being used as a prize to be won between CA & KC. I think that when CA or others weren't around, KC simply ignored Caylee as much as possible. Being the "good" mommy seems to be another of her "roles" when around other friends, family, etc. I think she got tired of playing that role....JG's latest TV interviews speak to that a little- KC was a very involved mom when he was with her, but then she wanted him to back off the daddy role and just be another guy in their lives, i.e. she couldn't keep up the facade 24/7, probably the reason she called off their engagement, using the "you love Caylee more than me" excuse. JMO

i'm sure i'll be strung up for this but i don't see anything weird with caylee sleeping in the same bed as KC and RM.

i mean, its not like they were having sex with her right there sleeping soundly.....gross!

there are many many families that actually have "family bed" and small children sleep with their parents all the time. what is different with KC and RM, if RM is a close family firend (to KC and caylee) and she knows and trusts him and has seen him many times?

when my daughter was young we would sometimes travel to the other coast for a beach weekend with a close, and male, friend of mine. after a long night of disney movies and junk food, we would all collapse in a heap and sleep on his bed.

this is not the same as turning tricks with your infant daughter sleeping one blanket over.

My ex sister in law, her sister was a very irresponsible young mother, to say the least, and took her young daughter (as a toddler) with her partying, drugging and w****ing. My SIL and her mother were able to get Child and Family Services involved, got immediate custody given to SIL as an emergency foster home and they helped her obtain permanent custody with no cost to them at all! (plus child was able to have medical from state as she was born with infant alcohol syndrome and had a lot of problems). They were also provided with counseling services.

A couple years later, the mother woke up, cleaned up and was eventually able to get custody back. The state helped mother with counseling and classes as well and worked out the custody return. Mother and child (and another child born around the time children were taken -baby was as well) are doing very well. But had not this happened, it could have ended so badly.

When my friends and I started having our children, we brought them to our parties. Eventually, as we got older, our parties turned into pot-luck dinners lol!

It depends on what is going on at the party and how many people are there. If it's a huge blowout with drugs and booze and tons of people everywhere, many of whom KC didn't know, that's different from a few friends getting together for some beers (and smoking weed which is not right, but not quite as bad as an array of other illegal substances)

It sounds like most of KC's hard core partying happened at places like Fusian rather than in someone's house. Unless I missed something. Therefore Caylee may not have been exposed to horrible things at places like Ricardo's, etc. Being exposed to the trunk of the car while KC was at Fusian is another story.

i'm sure i'll be strung up for this but i don't see anything weird with caylee sleeping in the same bed as KC and RM.

i mean, its not like they were having sex with her right there sleeping soundly.....gross!

there are many many families that actually have "family bed" and small children sleep with their parents all the time. what is different with KC and RM, if RM is a close family firend (to KC and caylee) and she knows and trusts him and has seen him many times?

when my daughter was young we would sometimes travel to the other coast for a beach weekend with a close, and male, friend of mine. after a long night of disney movies and junk food, we would all collapse in a heap and sleep on his bed.

this is not the same as turning tricks with your infant daughter sleeping one blanket over.

We don't know the extent of the activities that Casey and her flavor of the night did in bed - it's all assumption to this point

I know of some families that let their young children sleep in bed with them - difference here, Casey it was whatever guy she was with (we know of Ricardo and Tony) - Casey wasn't stable in any means and to have a random guy in bed and Caylee there too, is not something that should have happened

We do know that Caylee was exposed to Casey's 'parties' and was showing behavior that was not like a 2 1/2 year old

So was that okay too?

Children's Services would have been very interested in KC's lifestyle had they been notified. There was no income besides stealing,no home, men in and out of the bed with the child in it.....mothers have had children taken away from them fo thse things. This was an emergency situation and part of loving your child or grandchild is to do what has to be done however unpleasant that may be. There were many many signs that KC was unstable before he daughter died.

Could you please post a link to even one of those cases where a mother lost her parental rights for sleeping around? Who, besides Casey, even knew how many men she slept with? She certainly didn't go home to Cindy and brag about it. Cindy, as naive as it is, thought she was at work. Remember, Cindy couldn't believe that Casey was pregnant.

Apparently some of us had mothers with ESP who knew every single thing we did when we were out of the house, even as adults. I'm sure glad I'm not one of those kids.

Cindy and George did everything they possibly could for Caylee. It's horribly unfair to blame them for Casey's crimes.

or did CA/GA (tempers) also have a hand in the brusing etc of CAYLEE?
The baby lived with the 3 ..................

A family bed is a totally different thing. You cannot have your daughter in bed with every Tom, Dick and Harry you decide to er....well do. That child would have been so confused.

We don't know the extent of the activities that Casey and her flavor of the night did in bed - it's all assumption to this point

I know of some families that let their young children sleep in bed with them - difference here, Casey it was whatever guy she was with (we know of Ricardo and Tony) - Casey wasn't stable in any means and to have a random guy in bed and Caylee there too, is not something that should have happened

We do know that Caylee was exposed to Casey's 'parties' and was showing behavior that was not like a 2 1/2 year old

So was that okay too?

its never right to bring your kids to adult parties, and its the parents' responsibility if, upon arriving they note that this not a child-friendly party, to find somewhere else to be.

what behavoir unlike a 2yo was she exhibiting?? i have not heard anything about this... interesting....:)

We don't know that they didn't have sex.

Keyword here is family. The child's father. It's not like she was dating this man for years, it only amounted to 4 months?

Uh uh. Not acceptable at all.

And even a close family friend, uh uh, not acceptable. Sorry.

I would never do this to my son. Never. It's the floor, separate room or a hotel.

A slight step above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back