Found Deceased MN - Annshalike Hamilton, 15, pregnant, Minneapolis, 10 Nov 2008

vanillasky

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/local/36846594.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsr

Annshalike Hamilton, 15, of Minneapolis and her fetus were the city's 37th and 38th homicides, police said.

The discovery of a body in a vacant north Minneapolis garage on a frigid day this month was revealed as a double-homicide investigation Monday when the victim was identified as a 15-year-old girl who was about seven months pregnant.

She died of multiple blunt-force injuries, which in a case like this typically means a fatal beating.

I Googled her name to see if I could find additional information about the crime, since the newspaper doesn't seem to be saying much, and I found a blog written by a local resident of the neighborhood. It seems the suspect may be a guy in his 20's, also the father of the unborn baby. This poor girl had been missing for a little over a month too. That blog indicates that she had been a straight A student until getting tangled up with this guy. :(

How tragic. I wonder why it took a month for her to be found? Did they have a lot of snow and she was covered up I wonder?

I hope they can find the killer and that he spends the rest of his life in prison. She was only 15 yrs old and already having a baby. I wonder if her parents had filed a missing person's report. Why do our girls get mixed up with these loser guys who bring them nothing but heartache??? When they do the more the parents say the more determined the girl becomes to keep seeing the loser. Some people say "if that was my kid I'd ......" but unless they have been in those shoes they don't have a clue. I'll bet her getting mixed up with this killer broke her parents hearts as they watched her grades go down hill, etc. My heart goes out to them.

:( that is so sad
Why do people have to do this
why couldnt he just let her be

Upon Googling her name I also found all these links about the crime

Here is a video about it http://video.aol.com/video-detail/p...d-in-mpls-garage/1455644541/?icid=VIDLRVNWS01

They reported her missing Nov 10th

Annshalikes baby was a GIRL http://adventuresofjohnnynorthside.blogspot.com/2008/12/annshalike-hamiltons-baby-was-girl-plus.html

Commenters on the blog link above came from one *friend* of Annshalikes

He says Annshalike's nickname was "Lili" and she was a bright, straight-A student (apparently at Patrick Henry High School) "from a white mother and black father." He continues, "Last school year her grades started slipping, then over summer vacation she lived with her dad, a dad that never kept tabs on her or cared what she did...it seems over the summer she met this man who, according to Lili's own words, goes by "Freaky" and "Snoop" and is in his mid-20s.

"When school rolled around she came home to her mom's pregnant. Her mom (and all of us!) were upset. The decision was made by both Anshalike and mom they would keep the child, both believing abortions wrong in a world where (...) young people are already being killed.

"The other problem was she wouldn't tell anyone the father's real name. Then Annshalike started disappearing from the house, sometimes for days. She was truant from school enough where her mom contacted MPD and asked for help finding the father and trying to arrest him on statutory rape and get him off the streets. Rumor claims he is a crack dealer as well."

How tragic. I wonder why it took a month for her to be found? Did they have a lot of snow and she was covered up I wonder?

It was a vacant house and the property owner only came by once a month to check on it... he found her on his monthly check.

Just saw this update....

father of the baby may have been a married man in his 30's.

http://www.startribune.com/local/36911269.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUI

Annshalike Shanta Hamilton's close friend didn't let Hamilton out of her sight in early November after Hamilton revealed problems with her unborn child's father and made an eerie statement about her own mortality.

Hamilton, a usually "jolly" 15-year-old, was about seven months pregnant, and had said the baby's father -- apparently a married man in his 30s -- didn't want her to have the child, said her friend.

So this young girl was visiting her dad for the summer when the problems started. To bad dad got any visitation at all. He must have just let her do whatever she wanted. Most kids will take advantage of loose rules within the home when given the chance. Doesn't sound like he had any rules at all.

I guess the married man decided how to take care of his problem x 2. He must have made her promise not to tell anyone that they were seeing each other. Maybe thinking that the police wouldn't have a clue who he is and before that so his wife wouldn't find out that he was having sex with someone half his age....the creep. Did he ever think of using protection :behindbar

I think there might have been an arrest in this case. I haven't found anything yet (just on the blackberry here), but I saw a blurb on the TV in a cab tonight. Scrolled by too fast for me to catch it.

Poor little girl. Only 15 years old. This is so sad.

I hope they find whoever did this to her and her baby,Chicagofa.

I think there might have been an arrest in this case. I haven't found anything yet (just on the blackberry here), but I saw a blurb on the TV in a cab tonight. Scrolled by too fast for me to catch it.

I hope you are right about an arrest, chicagofa13.

The was a senseless, tragic death for this young woman and her baby. I hope the guy who did this gets LWOP. :mad:

What a beautiful girl. Shouldn't be difficult to figure out who killed her and his child. BAST**D. Hope they make an arrest soon. Life in prison without the possibility of parole or the DP should make this idiot realize how good he could have had it if he had just left these babies alone. Hope he rots in he*l.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back